taultunleashed logoMultiple Instances in Windows 7? : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Multiple Instances in Windows 7? : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: July 24th, 2009, 12:32 pm

rugburn

Total Posts: 376
rugburn's Reps: 4
premium
Just did a fresh install of windows 7 64bit on one of my machines to check it out. So far its pretty slick. But cant seem to figure out how to run multiple instances of swg. I also have a wierd alt-tab problem. Game takes way to long to come back up from alt-tab.

Posted: August 1st, 2009, 5:30 am

pilliy

Total Posts: 2
pilliy's Reps: 0
Does using the station launcher not work? If that doesn't work try running it in XP mode, hopefully that will fix it. I found that on XP running multiples instances sometimes gave me a D3D error once I went past 3 accounts logged in game at once so watch that as well.

Posted: August 23rd, 2009, 6:31 am

hrgamer

Total Posts: 10
hrgamer's Reps: 0
This topic is a little old but I just wanted to let the OP know that I run Windows 7 64-bit (RTM) and can run multiple instances of SWG.

I assume the obvious had been done by putting a user.cfg file in your swg folder and making sure it has the following content:

[SwgClient]
allowMultipleInstances=true

Posted: August 24th, 2009, 8:55 am

rugburn

Total Posts: 376
rugburn's Reps: 4
premium
Thanks for the help. The day after posting this I found that the user.cfg was saved as a .txt file. Thats why it wasnt working. Also found out the alt-tab issue was a driver issue. I had to revert to an older driver.

Posted: August 24th, 2009, 10:15 am

djsdark

Total Posts: 198
djsdark's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
rugburn (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Just did a fresh install of windows 7 64bit on one of my machines to check it out. So far its pretty slick. But cant seem to figure out how to run multiple instances of swg. I also have a wierd alt-tab problem. Game takes way to long to come back up from alt-tab.

Uninstal latest Nvidia drivers and reInstal previous ones (should be 182.5 or sumthing like this)

Posted: August 24th, 2009, 12:41 pm

hrgamer

Total Posts: 10
hrgamer's Reps: 0
rugburn (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
The day after posting this I found that the user.cfg was saved as a .txt file.

hehe, one of the first things I do with a fresh Windows install is turn off the feature to "Hide extensions for known file types". Whoever thought that was a good idea should be shot. :wink:

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online