taultunleashed logoNew Junk Loot Spawn Locations : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 7 posts ] 
blue large dot

New Junk Loot Spawn Locations : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: July 8th, 2009, 2:29 pm

purdyguy2287

Total Posts: 9
purdyguy2287's Reps: 0
Since the RE Junk Loot Insta-Respawn nerf, I was just wondering if anyone had some locations which were still viable for farming junk loot. I have used the Slum Thieves outside of Espa which have about a 10-20 sec spawn timer, but it is still just not the same. Are there any other good locations which could be done either AFK or ATK to produce large stacks of loot in a reasonable amount of time? Any information would be helpful and feel free to PM me if you are not comfortable posting. Best wishes and have a good one! Also I am a full member so if there is a topic on this already in one of the other sections, a link would be super handy!

Posted: July 9th, 2009, 10:51 am

thorusd

Total Posts: 303
thorusd's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
i have had no luck i think that spawn your going on about is best

Posted: July 9th, 2009, 11:32 am

stitch67

Total Posts: 29
stitch67's Reps: 0
premium
Someone in my guild got perma-banned for afk looting the slum thieves at Espa today

Posted: July 9th, 2009, 12:31 pm

phelan1777

Total Posts: 348
phelan1777's Reps: 9
premium
This goes for everyone as it seem some don't want to understand.

Yes we all want to loot, but if you are monopolizing a legacy spawn (Mos Espa Thieves for example) you are violating the rules and hindering lower level toons.

Now if you are sitting on one spawn of 4 NPCs and not affecting the other spawns of which there are 5-6 total. Then you should not be bothered by a GM.

I have talked to a number in excess of 7-8 different GMs of various levels and they all pretty much say the same thing, that you can not own the entire spawn and there for hinder other players. I have the tickets and the chat logs saying this very same thing as I have been reported by others only to just get asked to move or told as I stated above. In order to get perma-banned you have to do somethign really stupid. I have been farming that area on my server for nearly 7 months and the worst I got was moved to a different location while AFK.

Also having the AFK tag over your toon is a billboard for getting flagged for a ticket. I report anyone I see monopolizing the spawns and have talked to a number of GMs when approached in game. If you are goin gto AFK in that location don't use "blink" or similar macros they are obvious, spamming chat is just stupid as well that is advertising you are AFK. If someone comments to me about not responding I fire back with there is nothing in the rules that says I have to respond to a tell/GM and in that, they can't say a word.

I use:
/mood obnoxious;
/pause 1200;
/macro afk;

Thus never go AFK.

Since the insta spawns are no good, now GMs are much more likely to respond to locations like Mos Espa and probably quick in response time.

You can farm you just have to be smart about it. If you don't, you reap what you sew.

Posted: July 21st, 2009, 5:36 am

macphisto

Total Posts: 14
macphisto's Reps: 1
premium
phelan1777 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
This goes for everyone as it seem some don't want to understand.

Yes we all want to loot, but if you are monopolizing a legacy spawn (Mos Espa Thieves for example) you are violating the rules and hindering lower level toons.

Now if you are sitting on one spawn of 4 NPCs and not affecting the other spawns of which there are 5-6 total. Then you should not be bothered by a GM.

I have talked to a number in excess of 7-8 different GMs of various levels and they all pretty much say the same thing, that you can not own the entire spawn and there for hinder other players. I have the tickets and the chat logs saying this very same thing as I have been reported by others only to just get asked to move or told as I stated above. In order to get perma-banned you have to do somethign really stupid. I have been farming that area on my server for nearly 7 months and the worst I got was moved to a different location while AFK.

Also having the AFK tag over your toon is a billboard for getting flagged for a ticket. I report anyone I see monopolizing the spawns and have talked to a number of GMs when approached in game. If you are goin gto AFK in that location don't use "blink" or similar macros they are obvious, spamming chat is just stupid as well that is advertising you are AFK. If someone comments to me about not responding I fire back with there is nothing in the rules that says I have to respond to a tell/GM and in that, they can't say a word.

I use:
/mood obnoxious;
/pause 1200;
/macro afk;

Thus never go AFK.

Since the insta spawns are no good, now GMs are much more likely to respond to locations like Mos Espa and probably quick in response time.

You can farm you just have to be smart about it. If you don't, you reap what you sew.

Did you keep farming after you got a warning from the GM?
I got a warning yesterday for disturbing the legacy quest, and i'm not sure if i should keep farming there as i'm afraid of getting a perma ban?

Posted: July 21st, 2009, 8:41 pm

phelan1777

Total Posts: 348
phelan1777's Reps: 9
premium
This so it seems is very GM specific as I have been told by some, no AFK farming, others as long as your not eating up the whole spawn.

So there is no consistency so it seems with all the GMs. I have even submitted tickets about it, asking to speak with higher level GMs and they say the same thing. Which I stated above.

They can't ban you for something that they can't even agree on.

Posted: July 24th, 2009, 1:02 am

captainamerica

Total Posts: 23
captainamerica's Reps: 0
You're probably, at this point, better off farming the slum thieves at the keyboard (Which isn't against the rules). It sucks, yeah, but it's the best spawn currently in the game. Just let the noobs get their kills (Or group with them) when they come through for legacy, and then continue on.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online