taultunleashed logoResolution: System Slowness w/SWG : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

Resolution: System Slowness w/SWG : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: December 11th, 2003, 10:14 am

dikiem
dikiem's Reps:
Okay,

I know a lot of people complain about how their frame rate slow down when using Xunleashed and SWG. After several hours of poking around with the application, I believe I figure out the source of the problem.

By default, in the option tab in the Xunleashed program, it is set to launch directX 8 or directX 9. Most people will just launch the Xunleashed program and SWG separately, thus causing the slowness.

You need to go to the option tab and change the launch program to SWG. By doing so, when you click launch program, it will launch SWG for you. This will work great and does not cause any slowness problem. The other way will cause slowness because it is running the directX 8 test program, which hogs up all the resources.

Hope that helps all the people who had the problem. It is not a virus program problem.

Posted: December 11th, 2003, 10:34 am

Admin
Admin's Reps:
Wow, I had never thought of that. I just assumed (yes, I know what assuming does) that people were launching it via the config setting.

Excellent!

Yes, the dx test configs are cpu hogs because all they are designed to do is draw on the screen as fast as they can.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online