taultunleashed logotwo accounts : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 16 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

two accounts : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: November 14th, 2006, 11:45 am

mezzin
mezzin's Reps:
i remember seeing a cheat or whatever on here saying that you can play two accounts at once but i cant find it can someone help me thanks

Posted: November 14th, 2006, 12:58 pm

belhor

Total Posts: 93
belhor's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
From the SWG forum:

Open notepad and paste the following:

[SwgClient]
allowMultipleInstances=true

Save as user.cfg in your SWG program folder. You'll then be able to run two instances on the same machine. This is what I do for my two accounts.

Make sure to select all files as the file type when saving. If you dont, you'll have user.cfg.txt instead of user.cfg.

Posted: November 14th, 2006, 1:58 pm

xarkun
xarkun's Reps:
does anyone else have a problem with the graphics lag when they run multiple instances of SWG? i mean my alienware should be more than enough to handle the programs?!?!?!?!

Posted: November 14th, 2006, 9:39 pm

expurt
expurt's Reps:
Only when on separate planets it might be a slight bit slower.

Posted: November 14th, 2006, 10:23 pm

mezzin
mezzin's Reps:
thank you

Posted: November 15th, 2006, 11:53 am

belhor

Active User > 50 Posts
When I use two accounts I generally turn off many of the graphic features. If you look at the launch pad, you can go under options (I think that's the tab) and check the boxes to do that. In game I turn off graphics features as well.

That being said, I noticed with the RAM upgrade I don't seem to lag even if I forget to turn off the graphic options on the launch pad.

Posted: November 27th, 2006, 5:01 pm

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Hmm this didnt seem to work for me. I did it but then when i tried to run too it said error acured. Anyone know why?

Posted: November 27th, 2006, 5:06 pm

drwho32
drwho32's Reps:
siccmade32 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hmm this didnt seem to work for me. I did it but then when i tried to run too it said error acured. Anyone know why?

Some of the older players may know this already, but I will post it to help out those newer players that are looking to run more than one account and alt-tab between them.

As an added bonus, I am including the way to skip the Mustafar load screen movie.

Just copy and paste the orange text below into Notepad, EXACTLY as shown:

[SwgClient]
allowMultipleInstances=true

[ClientGame]
skipIntro=true
disableCutScenes=1

Then save the file with the name: user.cfg (save as all files). Make sure you have the Save As Type set to ALL FILES, otherwise it won't work.

You can either save it directly to your Program Files/StarWarsGalaxies folder, or save it to Desktop (or any other location) and copy and paste it into the main SWG game directory from there.

Simple as that and you can now wave goodbye to the Mustafar loading in movie and run multiple copies of SWG off the same computer. Enjoy!

Posted: November 27th, 2006, 5:22 pm

expurt
expurt's Reps:
You cant run multiple clients in Windowed mode, it causes a crash. Also you need to have the first game running, before you can launch the second.

Posted: November 27th, 2006, 7:03 pm

drwho32
drwho32's Reps:
Yes, i forgot to mention that part as well lol

Posted: November 27th, 2006, 8:36 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Hmm must be something with my computer then. Because it always says error odd program or something like that so i dont know

Posted: November 28th, 2006, 4:18 am

belhor

Active User > 50 Posts
Anach (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
You cant run multiple clients in Windowed mode, it causes a crash. Also you need to have the first game running, before you can launch the second.

I run two clients in window's mode all the time. You just have to be carefull not to hit alt-enter which will take one out of windowed mode causing the other to crash.

Regarding the error message, try loading one client all the way before starting the second one.

Posted: November 28th, 2006, 12:08 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I see what i was doing wrong. On my other clients or whatever they were limited types lol. So they couldent get the SWG files. Thanks for the help guys

Posted: January 1st, 2007, 11:51 am

twisted1
twisted1's Reps:
ok when i save it from the note pad it keeps wanting to save it as a openable notepad page an not as a useable file ??

Posted: January 1st, 2007, 12:10 pm

expurt
expurt's Reps:
When you go to save it, select the dropdown list and change it to "all file types" instead of "txt files"

Then save it as user.cfg

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online