taultunleashed logoWhat do you hope to see in the KOTOR MMO? : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions - Page 2 tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 33 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

What do you hope to see in the KOTOR MMO? : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions - Page 2

Posted: October 22nd, 2008, 4:34 pm

kissofdarknes

Total Posts: 48
kissofdarknes's Reps: 9
premium
vinnyboy32 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
/Discuss :)

Hopefully there will be tons of content. And did anyone see the screenshot with the Sith sacking Coruscant?

Posted: October 22nd, 2008, 5:19 pm

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Yeah, The screen shots were nothing to special. There just pre-Alpha so that means there gonna improve them A LOT! But beside that, The game looks like its gonna be amazing. It's story driven, Which will be way cool.

They said this game is going to have so much content, It will be like KOTOR3, 4, ,5 ,6 ,7 ,8 ,9....And so on. Hah

Posted: October 22nd, 2008, 5:52 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
krizzy (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
vinnyboy32 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
jadusama (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
The only thing I want is for them to keep the Fighting style...i dont care about anything else xD well except a few planets...Korriban being the top but honestly i just want them to keep the fighting style that has the blades clash against each other =P...god can you imagine a sith vs jedi war just *sound effects* Zzzt zzt zzzt psshh AHH MY ARM lol

Haha Yeah, I wonder what time line it will be in. The Mandalorian war time period would be pretty cool.

I think they mentioned 3,500 Years before rise of Darth Vader. Not sure what that counts to though :S

Yeah, Haha saw that too. I think Mandalorians will be in this game, I just wonder which side they will be on, Sith Empire, Or Galactic Republic.

(I'm Praying That They will Be for the Sith Empire)

Posted: October 22nd, 2008, 8:49 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Its bioware. Nough said. :)

Posted: October 22nd, 2008, 10:02 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Its bioware. Nough said. :)

Yup, That says it all.

Posted: October 23rd, 2008, 2:39 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Bioware is on par with blizzard in my book for great rpgs.

Posted: October 23rd, 2008, 9:41 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Bioware is on par with blizzard in my book for great rpgs.

Oh yeah, I agree. Been waiting for this News ever since I played KOTOR. I sleep better at night now knowing that it will be out in a year or 2 :)

Posted: October 24th, 2008, 12:47 am

evilfigment

Total Posts: 262
evilfigment's Reps: 1101
premium
I hope they learn from current MMO's.

Imo KOTOR mmo would be good with....

1) The social aspect of swg and the complex reosurce crafting.
(Politicians, Player Housing/Bases, Cantinas etc)

2) The leveling system would be good if it was like FFXI where people cant level for free basicly, they have to earn there levels by showing knowledge of there profession and doing "level breaks" every xx amount of levels which is basicly a test of skill, you enter an instance on your own and you have to complete the mission which tests you to your maximum ability. Upon completeion it unlocks your level allowing you to level another xx amount of levels.
This helps filter out the powerlevelers who just rush to the highest level then dont have a clue or the equipment to do endgame content.

3) PvP system similar to World of warcraft with cross-server battlegrounds, it has a great impact on low population servers.

4) Combat system where certain combinations of professions excel vs certain NPC's/Mobs/Areas, instead of static groups of professions where some professions get singled out.

I can think of plenty more but meh.. its pointless because i know alot of this wont happen because they would rather make an MMO that appeals to a larger clientbase, increasing there revenue.

Posted: October 24th, 2008, 4:58 am

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
evilfigment (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I hope they learn from current MMO's.

Imo KOTOR mmo would be good with....

1) The social aspect of swg and the complex reosurce crafting.
(Politicians, Player Housing/Bases, Cantinas etc)

2) The leveling system would be good if it was like FFXI where people cant level for free basicly, they have to earn there levels by showing knowledge of there profession and doing "level breaks" every xx amount of levels which is basicly a test of skill, you enter an instance on your own and you have to complete the mission which tests you to your maximum ability. Upon completeion it unlocks your level allowing you to level another xx amount of levels.
This helps filter out the powerlevelers who just rush to the highest level then dont have a clue or the equipment to do endgame content.

3) PvP system similar to World of warcraft with cross-server battlegrounds, it has a great impact on low population servers.

4) Combat system where certain combinations of professions excel vs certain NPC's/Mobs/Areas, instead of static groups of professions where some professions get singled out.

I can think of plenty more but meh.. its pointless because i know alot of this wont happen because they would rather make an MMO that appeals to a larger clientbase, increasing there revenue.

There combat system is going to be like WAR HAMMERS I think, Which is awesome. The only thing missing in WAR is good Content and a Story, You put the RvR element a long side one of Biowares amazing stories...I'll be blown away. hah

And there will be Crafting in this game, So I've seen, But now it just depends if they have a Great one like SWG or A easy useless one? Will have to Wait and see.

But anyways good points. Glad to have some discussion on it.

Posted: November 9th, 2008, 3:04 pm

jadusama

Total Posts: 51
jadusama's Reps: 102
Active User > 50 Posts
One thing i did gather from the swtor forum announcments and talks amongst the developer to community conversations is that the questing system is going to be totally different from what other games do...In one of the interviews he used an example " Go collect 10 rat buts and bring them to this guy to make you a sash" but there whole idea on this was that " How is this for the benefit/fall of the galaxy/republic/sith" xD which i thought was cool...one thing im not so crazy about is the Side character that you get...everyone will have one...and from what i gather, your decisions will either weaken/strengthen the relationship between you and your side character and can be chosen to either aid or rebel against you in your conquest xD Altho

EPIC PAUSE

The one thing that totally blew my mind was when they were talking about the system and they said that..."Every decision you make will alter and change the entire galaxy" for example you kill a person who was suppose to deliver spice to this one guy and that spice was needed to pay off a debt for the last remaining unknown son and only heir to the Council of Faygerot on the planet of Xenon 5 thus creating anarky for that entire planet as the sith slowly dominate and create galactic order xD

In other words lol watch where you step xD it might make some guy drown on korriban lol

Posted: November 11th, 2008, 5:32 am

itsmememe

Total Posts: 127
itsmememe's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
jadusama (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
The one thing that totally blew my mind was when they were talking about the system and they said that..."Every decision you make will alter and change the entire galaxy" for example you kill a person who was suppose to deliver spice to this one guy and that spice was needed to pay off a debt for the last remaining unknown son and only heir to the Council of Faygerot on the planet of Xenon 5 thus creating anarky for that entire planet as the sith slowly dominate and create galactic order xD

In other words lol watch where you step xD it might make some guy drown on korriban lol

I like the idea of an all encompassing "butterfly effect!" It'll make the game a unique experience for each person... This is going to be so refreshing! I can't wait!

-J-

Posted: November 12th, 2008, 9:28 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
This game is hands down going to be amazing im curious how they are going to upgrade it more. I mean its bioware which makes me extremely excited for it.

Posted: November 12th, 2008, 6:04 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I'm way excited for it also, It's only in Pre-Alpha and I'm impressed. Can't wait to actually see the game play Video coming out.

Posted: November 14th, 2008, 1:42 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
I hope beta is in the summer

Posted: December 12th, 2008, 2:33 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
For anyone who is following the game, Check the website out today. They just posted some footage of in game fights, terrain, and such. It's only in Pre-Alpha and is looking awesome. The fighting is very fast paced and exciting.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online