taultunleashed logoSWG Guides - Easily defeating the Axva Min instance : Star Wars Galaxies Guides tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 7 posts ] 
blue large dot

SWG Guides - Easily defeating the Axva Min instance : Star Wars Galaxies Guides

Posted: December 25th, 2007, 5:05 am

vladteppes
vladteppes's Reps:
1.) Have a group that consists of AT LEAST 1 Jedi, 1 Medic, 1 BH. (Smugglers are optional since they can cloak the medic out of combat incase he needs to res someone during a fight without wasting a combat res), and the rest of the group should be whatever, mostly dps.

** ALSO, very IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE: If you have the veteran reward pets that give stat bonuses, call them right outside the chamber of banishment and then enter. You will maintain the buff and avoid a SERIOUS problem that may occur during Axva.

2.) First bosses: Gorvo and some name that escapes me
Simple enough fight, have the jedi tank the nightsister lady and have your medic stasis her in the beginning. Everyone else wails on Gorvo, whom does tend to run back the the NS lady for healing, but when he's debuffed to get cruddy heals, it helps. Be cautious, Gorvo has AoE melee attacks, so don't bunch together. Gorvo goes down easily, even I usually tank him, and I'm melee smuggler. After Gorvo drops, jump on his nightsister, whom happens to drop very fast.

3.) The "ninja boss": This nightsister acts very much like a spy. She cloaks, picks a target, and her opening hit is a debuff... unfortunately, this is followed by some sort of trap she had lain while she was cloaked that causes all of your specials to go on cooldown for roughly 30 seconds; thus, it helps if you have the GCW buff that provides a reactive heal or even some reactive heal base stims since more than likely, the medic will get hit with this and be unable to heal the group. She's hard to hold aggro for the jedi, since they likely have taunt on cooldown lock as well so she'll usually be bouncing from target to target among your group. However, my groups have never lost a single person, nor did we actually need to use the reactive heals, but that is simply a precaution for anyone else reading this.

4.) "THE SPAWNER OF STUPIDLY PAINFUL THINGS": 3rd boss, and as you can tell by the nickname given to her, yes, she's the one that does the force lightnings and the fireholes which can kill anyone that gets swamped by them. Trick here, as usual, is make sure the jedi has and holds aggro. Then the jedi, while using attacks and taunt at every available possible moments, along with healing himself, begins to WALK (yes, you heard absolutely right, WALK) around the edges in a big circle while everyone else wails on her. For some reason, this seems to keep a good number of force lightning/fireholes from being spread throughout the entire platform. If the jedi gets like 3 force storms spawned on him, sure, he can switch to running for a second, but once clear of those damnable things, he should go back to walking. Eventually, she'll fall.

5.) "The element summoning easy boss": 4th boss, and a very easy one, might I add happens to be the one that spawns 5 other nightsisters at certain percentages of her health. Thus, again, jedi tanks and medic is his healer. Everyone else in group should NOT dps her until all 5 of her elemental spawns are killed, instead they should simply debuff her to help the jedi tank her easier (she does tend to hit hard and she does have melee aoe attacks). Now, you will get 5 randomly determined spawns of nightsisters as the main boss (Suin Cholo, I believe) loses her health. Keep the damage on the main boss slow, then as one of her summons appears, everyone except the jedi and medic target her. On the target screen, where you usually see the buffs an enemy may have, each of these element spawns will have either: heat, cold, acid, or electricity. This symbol determines what kind of elemental weapon can damage them: if she has heat symbol, USE COLD; if she has cold symbol, USE HEAT; if she has acid symbol, USE ELECTRIC; and if she has electric symbol, USE ACID. All other weapons will not do any damage to those elemental spawns, so make sure your group is packing weapons of every elemental type.

5.) "Axva Min" : Axva is not as difficult as people tend to make her out to be. Even if she gets you in a crystal, you CAN walk out of it (albeit, you still take gradual damage and have reduced dps). Personally, however, as melee smuggler, I find that I tend to be a huge help with popping others from crystals (not even purposely) while I chase Axva and use my 7 (or 8, depending on the melee weapon I choose to use) meter radius/range aoe's and dirty trick, the trap seems to do full damage to the crystals even when I'm supposed to have damage reduction from them. NOW, THIS IS IMPORTANT: while fighting axva, NEVER EVER use the smuggler skill: Call a Medic, and NEVER summon the vet reward pet with stat buffs. Occasionally, axva will infect random targets with contagion (which will affect not only you if you have it, but any groupmates you run too close to as well). Reason I say make sure not to have the call a medic nor the familiar is because they are attackable and frequently prone to axva's usage of contagious blast. Now, seeing as they are indestructible pets, Axva just might decide to sit there spamming contagious blast on your cute little familliar or that medic us smugglers may call over and over and over (without end). Oh, and did I mention that contagious blast is a huge radius AoE that does 9999 damage (prior to armor)? Discovered this from once having called my medic during her fight; which resulted in an entire party wipe and the entire combat log history filling up with "Axva Min attacks a medic with contagious blast for xxxx dmg). Then, it happened to us on another occasion when someone called his cute little gackle bat familiar with the identical result. Thus, if you are able, use the GCW buff last man standing once the fight with axva begins. Aside from all here nasty ploys, again usually have the jedi tanking, with medic using area heals and having jedi as his main healing target. However, on occasion, the jedi may need help. This is where bh's play a second large role with axva: use the skill that draws aggro when the jedi cloaks. Then, the bh tanks for a little bit (helps if he has shields), and the jedi easily recovers back to being tank and stealing the aggro with taunts. If the jedi is having trouble stealing the aggro from someone, have the person whom has aggro stop attacking entirely. This will allow "hate" to build up on everyone else doing damage (and taunting), while that person's "hate" diminishes over time. Eventually, she will go back to whomever you have intended to be the tank. All in all, Axva is pretty dang tough, but with a wise group, she will drop.

Quick explaination on just what I call "hate"; it consists of 3 main things:
1.)a. The total amount of damage done to the mob by a person
b. The outgoing dps you are providing on the target.

2.) Any time a medic uses a heal on someone other than himself, he builds 2x the amount healed as if they were an attack on the mob directly; thus, area heal tends to draw a TON of aggro.

3.) Any taunts and debuffs you may be using on the target. Now, I haven't figured out the system on exactly how much hate the jedi/BH taunts cause, but I believe it is similar to being as if they hit the target for a LARGE amount of damage. However, although this imaginary damage may be LARGE, often, however; it's still not enough alone to steal aggro from something like an officer who just spiked (used overwhelming firepower/all attacks), since some classes are capable of causing HUGE amounts of damage quickly.

CHEERS!

Posted: December 26th, 2007, 9:32 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: February 3rd, 2008, 2:28 am

vladteppes
vladteppes's Reps:
bump for yay's...

Posted: February 3rd, 2008, 3:26 pm

extract0rs

Total Posts: 139
extract0rs's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Just wanted to say that the jedi taunt adds 20% hate, while the BH taunt moves you to the top of the hate list every time.

Posted: February 3rd, 2008, 4:12 pm

wyvernfist
wyvernfist's Reps:
Yay nice guide overall; I'll have to try dropping Suin's minions before DPSing her.

Posted: February 4th, 2008, 8:27 am

blazeholiday
blazeholiday's Reps:
yay for the guide, but there are guides much similair on official forums.

Posted: February 4th, 2008, 9:55 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
moved to confirmed and 300 to you.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online