taultunleashed logoSWG Guides - Obtain a Character Respec Device Easily : Star Wars Galaxies Guides tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 26 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

SWG Guides - Obtain a Character Respec Device Easily : Star Wars Galaxies Guides

Posted: June 30th, 2007, 10:05 am

seniorfrito

Total Posts: 221
seniorfrito's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Ok so what happened last night was sort of a nightmare. I attempted to transfer about 4 times last night only to be denied because of my name. So what happened was I wanted to force a name change on my main character that I was transferring. So I created a character on the server I wanted to transfer to with the name of the character I would be transferring. This forced me to enter a new name at the browser window for transfer.

What I found out in doing this 4 times was, every time it failed to complete my order due to name not being valid, it created a level 1 character on the server I was transferring to. It would take the name I gave it, but the name apparently wasn't allowed because it had -'s (dashes) in it. Though they are allowed in regular character creation, they are not however allowed in character transfer renaming.

I found out they created these generic characters at level 1 because the transfer service eventually gave me a message at the character naming that there were too many characters on that server. So I logged in, and saw the two I had first unintentionally created. Logged into the first and saw that he was naked, but had retained my main characters appearance. When I looked in the inventory, he had a 10 uses Character Respec Device. Yeah like the one you got in the change from the Combat Upgrade to the NGE. And they worked because when I used it, it changed my level 1 character to a level 5 of whatever I chose.

Now this does not however keep increasing. But, it is my belief that if you level up a toon to level 90, you can then use the old exploit that if you traded the no trade respec device to a noob toon, it would instantly level 90. You remember which one I'm talking about? If you owned a city or a guild, and you transfered the leadership of either one, every item in the city hall or guild hall would then become the new characters possessions. Meaning if you placed the level 90 respec device in the city or guild hall, it would become the new character's.

I do not however suggest you level up a trader or an entertainer. I don't believe those would make the respec device work the way I just stated. I think if you chose a combat character, you would go back down to level 5. BUT, if you levelled up the original character to level 90, and THEN, gave the respec device to the new character. I really do believe they would instant level 90.

I don't know, try it out. Maybe even try and level an entertainer as that's the easiest and costs nothing. See if this respec device will allow a change to a combat toon.

But this is the way to obtain a character respec device. Enjoy.

Posted: June 30th, 2007, 5:08 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: July 1st, 2007, 1:54 am

krizzy

Total Posts: 258
krizzy's Reps: 14
premium
This worked with me at begining of the NGE never tried it since.

Posted: July 1st, 2007, 5:25 am

seniorfrito

Active User > 50 Posts
Well this is as recent as 1 day ago as I write this reply.

Posted: July 1st, 2007, 8:58 am

krizzy

premium
Fun how it still works :)
But mine was on accident but i remebered how to do it :p

Posted: July 1st, 2007, 11:11 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Well yays or nays? :)

Posted: July 2nd, 2007, 12:41 pm

winsome

Total Posts: 69
winsome's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Yay.

It also works if you try to do it with a character name that includes an apostrophe ('). Assuming your original char at one time qualified for the device, you will automatically get a noob char with a respec device on the server you tried to transfer to, but of course no transfer will actually take place. Just a new char created with the device.

I did this once last summer, and again recently with success. I would be curious to know if the insta-90 thing would work...

Posted: July 2nd, 2007, 10:51 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Can we get one more yay :)

Posted: July 2nd, 2007, 11:32 pm

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
This works great, Awsome find

Posted: July 3rd, 2007, 9:17 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
500 to you and moving to confirmed

Posted: July 3rd, 2007, 9:24 am

seniorfrito

Active User > 50 Posts
Thank yeh kindly.

Posted: July 3rd, 2007, 3:44 pm

cardboard911

Total Posts: 34
cardboard911's Reps: 0
how do u server transfer, where is it i do it?

Posted: July 5th, 2007, 5:30 pm

krizzy

premium
https://login.station.sony.com/login/st ... nsfers.jsp

Here to do transfers.

Posted: July 5th, 2007, 6:36 pm

bartguy
bartguy's Reps:
wait since you dont actually transfer is this free or do we still have to pay? becuase im not in the mood to pay lol

Posted: July 10th, 2007, 8:11 am

winsome

Total Posts: 69
winsome's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
bartguy (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
wait since you dont actually transfer is this free or do we still have to pay? becuase im not in the mood to pay lol

It's free, because technically the transfer "fails". So, you go through all the motions and even give them a valid credit card. But, no charge will go through. Yet, you will get your new character with the respec device.

I did notice on my online credit card summary that there was a "temporary authorization" of $50, but it never went through and soon disappeared. So, just make sure you have the room on your credit card for a couple days.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online