taultunleashed logoAFK Sampling Part II - Resource Scavenger : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

AFK Sampling Part II - Resource Scavenger : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info

Posted: February 17th, 2009, 7:01 am

tenser950

Total Posts: 8
tenser950's Reps: 0
I noticed this yesterday when I was running my macro for finishing off the RE arm. Using the info from the original post below you can also get credit for the Resource Scavenger collection, without even having a pet out!

Somehow, since option 3 from the default options, which picks up on the high quality resources for the RE arm, will also pick up on the hidden option for the Pet gathering selection from the other pop up.

Discovered this without having a pet out and noticed that I had unlocked a new collection with 3/20 completed. Continued sampling for a while and came back to have 6/20 completed. Finished the Resource Scavenger collection after about 4 hours of using this program and script.

Resource Scavenger sells for about 15-20m on my server, so this is an easy way, combined with the RE arm, to make yourself about 40-50m on each of your characters.

Of note, my character DID have Incubation in the BM tree, just didnt have a pet out. I have not tested this to see if it works without the Incubation skill, but I will do more testing today and confirm.

Below is a paste from the original post in Confirmed Exploits. This work is not mine, but these directions apply to making this work:

How this works:
It tricks the client into thinking you selected the 3rd Option of the survey popup no matter what option was selected.

How to:

1) Download and Install Cheat Engine v5.5 (Link at the bottom of this post.

2) Start SWG and survey for the resource you want to do and get in position (Pref: 50%+ Concentrate)

3) Make a macro named SampleLoop to do the following:
/sample;
/pause 118;
/ui action defaultButton; <-- Important for selecting the default option of the popup.
/pause .5;
/stand;
/pause 20;
/whistle
/macro SampleLoop;

4) Start CheatEngine And Select the SWG_Client_r.exe from the process list.

5) Within CheatEngine.. Open the attached cheat config from this post.

6) Tick the box in the CheatEngine list to enable the cheat.

7) Start your SampleLoop macro ingame

SampleResponseCheat.CT PlainText:
Code:

[ENABLE]
75F553:
mov eax,00000002 //5b
ret

[DISABLE]
75F553:
mov eax,[ecx+08] //3b
ret
int 3 //restore original bytes overwritten
int 3

WARNING: Only Enable the cheat when you plan on sampling as it is used for many other things like Travel Destination list, Veteran Rewards, Resource Deeds etc.

The most current version I have found for Cheat Engine is http://cheatengine.org/downloads.php

Thanks to the original poster for this great program link and walkthrough. I just wanted to add an update to this so people would know that this little "exploit" can also serve to help get the Resource Scavenger holo cube as well![code][/code]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: February 17th, 2009, 7:14 am

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Yays or Nays please.

Posted: February 17th, 2009, 7:29 am

tenser950

Just to be clear, I'm not looking for credit for this, it is someone else's submission. I just wanted to let the community know that you can use this existing post in another way for additional profit :)

Posted: February 17th, 2009, 10:29 am

tenser950

Did an additional confirmation of this using a lvl 10 Commando character with no BM expertise at all. Let the macro run for about 20 minutes, came back, and I had 1/20 Resource Scavenger completed. No ability to call a pet and no pet in the datapad.

:)

Posted: March 14th, 2009, 12:21 pm

iansva

Total Posts: 4
iansva's Reps: 0
not working atm as the codes have changed

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online