taultunleashed logoExploited Weapons : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 24 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Exploited Weapons : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info

Posted: April 20th, 2011, 3:56 am

shwebby

Total Posts: 27
shwebby's Reps: 0
premium
Apparently a few ppl have been banned due 2 duping weapons any1 else heard about this?

Posted: April 20th, 2011, 4:00 am

cuervogold

Total Posts: 1088
cuervogold's Reps: 727
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I'm not saying something can't be duped but it seems unlikely given each item in SWG has its own serial number.

Posted: April 20th, 2011, 4:04 am

shwebby

premium
Well... I know for a fact at least 2 ppl have been banned because of this. There vendors had been removed, threads locked on the forums when any1 post anything about it so im 99% sure its possible.

Posted: April 20th, 2011, 4:58 am

cuervogold

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
shwebby (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Well... I know for a fact at least 2 ppl have been banned because of this. There vendors had been removed, threads locked on the forums when any1 post anything about it so im 99% sure its possible.

What was post about their vendors?

It could be possible to dupe, I'm just thinking it would be tough with serial numbered items. Case in point, a lot of MMOs have fixed weapons and there are hundreds of copies of that weapon a server. Duping the weapon just means one more of the same item is in game. Where as in SWG all weapons on the server are unique based off of serial numbers and stuff like min max dps.

Who knows. If someone is duping stuff using a vendor that would be pretty cool. I'd probably focus on duping consumables like PLC and BL as they are no longer track once crafted.

Posted: April 20th, 2011, 6:16 am

shwebby

premium
There was no actual posts about there vendors. GM's have obviously removed them. Gonna talk to evil to see if he knows how they were doin it.

Posted: April 20th, 2011, 10:10 am

rugburn

Total Posts: 376
rugburn's Reps: 4
premium
This person was producing these weapons constantly. I know this because I have several made by him. Most were made the same day. Leads me to believe he exploited experimentation to always give him amazing success, or give himself a couple extra experimentation points. As for getting the gas cartridges.. I have no idea if it was him, but I started heading down the cave with a group to kill the rancor when I noticed it spawning on radar. I clicked on it and watched it go from full health, to nothing very fast. Before I could click on the person killing it, he ported out. I was to far away for it to show up on the combat log.

Any way you slice it, he became to well known and drew to much attention to himself. If he was exploiting, it was just a matter of time before something was done about it.

Btw, I tried pm'ing him on the swg site, and the pm option is not there.

Posted: April 20th, 2011, 10:45 am

cuervogold

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
rugburn (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
This person was producing these weapons constantly. I know this because I have several made by him. Most were made the same day. Leads me to believe he exploited experimentation to always give him amazing success, or give himself a couple extra experimentation points. As for getting the gas cartridges.. I have no idea if it was him, but I started heading down the cave with a group to kill the rancor when I noticed it spawning on radar. I clicked on it and watched it go from full health, to nothing very fast. Before I could click on the person killing it, he ported out. I was to far away for it to show up on the combat log.

Any way you slice it, he became to well known and drew to much attention to himself. If he was exploiting, it was just a matter of time before something was done about it.

Btw, I tried pm'ing him on the swg site, and the pm option is not there.

So he wasn't duping weapons.

He was just crafting a ton of over capped weapons? Or were they just right at the top of the known limit on DPS.

Posted: April 21st, 2011, 11:26 am

odistant

Total Posts: 37
odistant's Reps: 0
premium
I bought some of those overcapped weapons witch had all fully capped augs/enhances on it for only 20 mill and it was exceptional cartridges too.

It was pretty obvious too. The guy bought the augs/enhances for 38+ mill on the forums and were selling the weapons for just 20 mill.

Very interesting exploit really.

Posted: April 22nd, 2011, 7:02 am

lw6807

Total Posts: 3
lw6807's Reps: 0
What I heard is that they were duping the cores? I have tried to find out how they were doing it for so long but they were very hush hush about it. If anyone knows, please post or PM. I am very interested to do this for my own characters.

Posted: April 22nd, 2011, 1:48 pm

evilfigment

Total Posts: 262
evilfigment's Reps: 1101
premium
As far as i know the only exploit was to get maximum experimentation 100% min/max etc all the time. If its a dupe all the best to em as dupes are rare these days.

Posted: April 23rd, 2011, 6:52 am

odistant

Total Posts: 37
odistant's Reps: 0
premium
You were basically duping the augs/enhances and if you didn't get a 100% then you could get them back.

Posted: April 24th, 2011, 5:50 am

cuervogold

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I went and read the thread in the SWG forums about this.

There nothing other then a couple of players, not even senators for that matter, that suggest someone was dupping cores. I highly doubt he was dupping cores. I'm more inclined to believe he was farming augs and using the server shut down trick to get them back if not capped.

Posted: April 24th, 2011, 2:17 pm

rugburn

Total Posts: 376
rugburn's Reps: 4
premium
I think there was more here than just the server shutdown trick. I would get capped weapons on same day service. I had 10 weapons made over the course of a couple months, 6 of which were done same day. So he either found a way to replicate the server shutdown trick live, or did something to guarantee amazing successes.

Tbh, even if the process on how to do this is known by someone here, us the pee-ons wont be told lol. Would be privileged info via pm only.

Posted: April 24th, 2011, 4:02 pm

cuervogold

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
rugburn (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I think there was more here than just the server shutdown trick. I would get capped weapons on same day service. I had 10 weapons made over the course of a couple months, 6 of which were done same day. So he either found a way to replicate the server shutdown trick live, or did something to guarantee amazing successes.

Tbh, even if the process on how to do this is known by someone here, us the pee-ons wont be told lol. Would be privileged info via pm only.

I never even put the 2 and 2 together.

I know and have used a server reset hack.

eVc, combining server shutdown with crafting reset would have been epic. You could force a server shutdown (your zone) anytime you did not get an amazing and you could force it as often as you like. !@#$%^&*! you could do this every ten minutes which explains why one of the know server resets doesn't work any longer.

Damn, talk about good use of a system. They were not dupping, they were forcing server resets for crafting.

Damn, those guys were on top of things!! I totally missed the boat on this one.

Posted: May 2nd, 2011, 12:56 pm

stsduffie

Total Posts: 3
stsduffie's Reps: 0
premium
cuervogold (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

I never even put the 2 and 2 together.

I know and have used a server reset hack.

eVc, combining server shutdown with crafting reset would have been epic. You could force a server shutdown (your zone) anytime you did not get an amazing and you could force it as often as you like. !@#$%^&*! you could do this every ten minutes which explains why one of the know server resets doesn't work any longer.

Damn, talk about good use of a system. They were not dupping, they were forcing server resets for crafting.

Damn, those guys were on top of things!! I totally missed the boat on this one.

He also duped health enhancers for armor. I dare to say that noone has that amount of health enhancers in game, as he was selling capped 693 health suits really cheap, and once one sold another popped on his vendor right away. He probably sold at least 20 of these suits, probably alot more. It was really obvious. I heard there was a way they crafted, and somehow kept the materials used.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online