taultunleashed logogrinding guilde afk : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 32 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

grinding guilde afk : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info

Posted: May 3rd, 2011, 2:00 pm

whiteboymike

Total Posts: 36
whiteboymike's Reps: 2
Ok this is a simple guide which I have used myself numerous times. It requires 3 toons.

1 tank (usally mando or someone to draw agro)(Level 90)
1 healer (medic obviously) (Level 90)
1 person who wants XP

Bring all three toons down into the Froesh bunker on corellia.

Fight or run your way down to the large room at the bottom with all three toons.

The tank stands in spams mines (and grenades) to draws ago repeadily (usually towards the centre/back part of the room)
The medic stands in the corner and heals everone in the party (via a simple macro. This can include area heal, bacta bomb and buffing)
The person wanting xp runs and /assist macro to help the tank.

So if the tanks name was jo bloggs, the person wanting xp would write and run a macro looking like

/assist jo blogs
/pause 3;
/macro jo (name the macro jo)

The person wanting xp would also use the lowest level weapon possible. EDventually when there leves increase, it would be helpful if they were medic. The XP whore could then spamp (gas cloud of the lowest level) to get additional xp.

I have run the AFK and grinding a toon to level 90 in a few days

Posted: May 3rd, 2011, 4:02 pm

cuervogold

Total Posts: 1088
cuervogold's Reps: 727
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I'll ask for yays or nays on this but I'm pretty sure there is a grinding guild here.

Posted: May 3rd, 2011, 10:41 pm

whiteboymike

I dont have the luxary of elite, to be aware of any grinding guides you may have. It also gives people a second option and a good place for afk'ing stated loot up to a point). Handy as well to place a house nearby with a vendor to dump contents into it

Last edited by whiteboymike on May 3rd, 2011, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: May 3rd, 2011, 11:01 pm

r04r

Total Posts: 387
r04r's Reps: 9
premium
Obviously impossible to verify right now with SOE being offline (lol), but it sounds like it should work just fine. What levels are the Froesh ones at?

Posted: May 3rd, 2011, 11:36 pm

whiteboymike

ya. SOE pretty much messed up everyone's security for a good time, simply because their's wasen't tight enough. It certainly does defy common sense for such a large corporation.

The froesh's are all level 90's, and the spawn rate is very high (although your getting agro from a few different points, so it's smore-or less continuous). I've had full groups down there for days afk'ing level 90.

It's also an ideal place for statted loot

Posted: May 4th, 2011, 10:06 am

odistant

Total Posts: 37
odistant's Reps: 0
premium
Only problem I see is that you shouldn't be in the group with the level 90 as if you're below level 70 (think thats it) you loose exp.

Posted: May 4th, 2011, 10:16 am

whiteboymike

odistant (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Only problem I see is that you shouldn't be in the group with the level 90 as if you're below level 70 (think thats it) you loose exp.

Agree with you in one respect, and when i started this idea, i thought my XP would be very little. You still however get reasonable good xp with the /assist macro and it's all AFK which is very advantageous =)

Posted: May 4th, 2011, 4:20 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Well waiting on some more yays and nays to move this one.

Posted: May 4th, 2011, 5:43 pm

r04r

premium
Gonna have to wait a while for that :P

Posted: May 4th, 2011, 10:06 pm

whiteboymike

We'll some Yays would be nice, this technique does work !

Posted: May 5th, 2011, 3:30 am

cuervogold

Total Posts: 1088
cuervogold's Reps: 727
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
whiteboymike (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
odistant (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Agree with you in one respect, and when i started this idea, i thought my XP would be very little. You still however get reasonable good xp with the /assist macro and it's all AFK which is very advantageous =)

Yeah for got about that. If you are lower level you get like +1 exp per kill. It's been a long time since I tried to level a toon like this. I normally just use Kash or for a time there the level hack.

But, yeah, needs some testing and feedback.

Posted: May 5th, 2011, 7:57 am

whiteboymike

cuervogold (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
whiteboymike (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Yeah for got about that. If you are lower level you get like +1 exp per kill. It's been a long time since I tried to level a toon like this. I normally just use Kash or for a time there the level hack.

But, yeah, needs some testing and feedback.

definiey needs testing. I seem to think that xp in the groups i ran at lower levels were abotu 80 - 100 per kill for my level 6 nobb. If swg ever decides to return, i can give you some precise numbers.

Posted: May 8th, 2011, 9:07 am

phelan1777

Total Posts: 348
phelan1777's Reps: 9
premium
I would use the same technique on Coreillia just north of Coronet with level 90s spawn,

1 Mando
1 Officer
1 LSJ or DSJ (range vs tanking)
1 Medic
1 Smuggler (Macro to sell to Fence) + Master looter
+ toons to level (They would be mando to use AOEs for damage credit + low level range weapon
Using Assist macro, and independent target macro.

Mando would range aggro, till mobs closed to LSJ then LSJ would aggro and tank while Medic and Mando AOEd with OFFY AOEs.

I made 150Mil in 6 days this way.

Did this for about 4 months Oct to Feb.

Posted: May 8th, 2011, 9:50 am

r04r

premium
That's a lot of accounts :P

Posted: May 8th, 2011, 4:16 pm

rugburn

Total Posts: 376
rugburn's Reps: 4
premium
You should see this guy on bria. He runs around with 8 spies. He even has his own city populated with his own toons. Crazy.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online