taultunleashed logoMy Guide For Armor Crafting : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 8 posts ] 
blue large dot

My Guide For Armor Crafting : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info

Posted: May 13th, 2004, 6:27 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Guide to Crafting Advanced Composite With High Resists

If you are a new Armorsmith, this guide will explain and show the best ways to make the best armor on your server. People say its all about the resources but that’s only half. The other half includes taking those uber (German gamer’s word for amazing) resources and experimenting in such a way that you create the best armor. This guide will explain how to craft High Resist 3 Layered Adv. Composite Armor with all kinds of special resists. The best thing about composite armor is that it can hold 3 layers and already has a high resist to electricity. Because you can make virtually every damage kind of layer, composite offers the most variety. Make sure your read this guide all the way through first before following along as you craft.

To start you need to decide what kind of high resistant armor you would like to make. The choice comes to be pretty easy since there are only 2 options PvP or PvE. In PvP or player vs. player you will be engaging with other players who have the most advanced and damage done weapons in the game. One downside to composite is that it is vulnerable to stun, which makes a big problem when fighting against a Geo Krayt Tissue Sonic Blaster or a Jawa Ion Rifle. Composite provides no protection to these unless you use stun layers which will be covered in great detail later on. PvE armor is Player Vs. Environment. In PvE people will be fighting creatures which deal all kinetic. Depending on where you are going and what you are fighting you or your customer will need to choose Ubese or Composite. Ubese is good for grinding, but once you’re a master of your profession go with composite because it provides a lot of additional protection. So I will start with crafting PvE Adv. Composite.

PvE

The nice thing about PvE Adv. Composite is that composite has a base effectiveness of basically everything except for electricity (which is in its special protection) and stun (which is vunerable.) In most PvE cases you will not need to worry about the stun part. When crafting PvE armor you need to decide what you will use in the special protection. I often use Kinetic or Blast meaning that I use 3 Kinetic Layers or 3 Blast Layers. These are often the easiest to make and therefore you can create the highest resist armor. When using layers you move the base effectiveness part of the armor into the special protection. The base effectiveness maxes out at 90 while the Special Protection maxes out at 80. In most cases the only way to achieve a 90% Base is with a 25% and up Base Effectiveness slice depending on your original Base. One thing you need to keep in mind that when using Blast or Kinetic that the Blast or Kinetic will be moved to the Special protection meaning that you will be able to achieve a max of 80%, while if it were in the base then it would achieve a base of 90% with a good effectiveness slice which you don’t always get. Once you decided which layers you want to use then you can move onto choosing resources.

Resources:
Your going to need to buy or mine your resources. When choosing resources for high resistant armor the 2 most important stats you need to look at are Shock Resistance and Overall Quality. You want both of those to be as high as possible. I am going to use Kinetic layers as an example. Kinetic layers only require Amorphous Gemstone, Polymer, and Metal. Usually there are good spawns of these resources every so often and your going to want to mine in large quantities when they spawn. The stuff I use is:

*When I use the dash it means somewhere in the #’s range*
*This is for my example of High Resistant Kinetic Composite*
Amorphouse Gemstone
9—OQ 8—Shock
Polymer
950OQ 900Shock
Metal
975OQ950Shock

Crafting Process Make Sure you are using 14.94+Tools and 41.00+ Stations DON’T USE DRIODS-

*A NOTE: EXPERIMENTATION IS BASED TOTALLY ON PERCENTAGES.
1. Layers
When crafting the layers, there sole purpose (in High Resistant PvE) armor is to raise the base and add special protection. Some people want a guaranteed 80% Kinetic instead of leaving the kinetic in the base and hoping for a good effectiveness slice. So after you place your resources in the crafting tool click next and it will bring you to the experimenting place. You will see you have 3 choices, your 1st is the top bar. The top bar lowers the encumbrance. The middle bar raises the base effectiveness. Finally the bottom bar raises the special protection, in this case Kinetic. I always max out the middle bar 1st. I want my base to be as high as possible and that will also raise the Kinetic in the main crafting of the piece. I continually use resources to make a factory schematic until I get at least 1 amazing success. Once I have maxed out the middle bar, I put my last point into the encumbrance. This will lower the encumbrance by 1 or 2 points. The base effectiveness will be about 93% experimented and have a 4% base and around 15 encumbrances. I make my schematic and put it in the factory.

2. Adv. Composite Armor Segments
After you craft the layers you are ready to craft the segments. Always use adv. Composite armor segments because that’s what makes you the best armor. Although the resources are tough to attain, hold out until you got them all. I use:

Kirrium Steel
965OQ 700Shock
Colat Iron
950OQ 750Shock
PolySteel Copper
999Oq 768Shock

In my Adv. Composite Segments I always add 3 layers that are experimented to the base effectiveness. After the segment is crafted and you go to the experimental stage then you experiment on the base effectiveness which is the middle bar. After that bar is maxed you will get something (if using my resources) are around 85-90% experimented which will yield you a 35% base and 9% electric. After your base is experimented to the max put the remaining points into the encumbrance to lower it even more. Although your high resist armor will require buffs and maybe food/spices due to its high encumbrance these one or two points going into the encumbrance will lower it by just a few points. After you have crafted a segment with at least all great successes you are good to go on the schematic and can begin the factory run of your Adv. Composite Segments. Note if your resources are not this good, as long as you use my method you will make the highest resist armor possible with your resources.

***Notes before Final Crafting Stage***

Before I explained the final stage of armor crafting, I wanted to explain a few miscellaneous things. First is that crafting great armor takes practice. The nice thing about making good advanced composite is that you can test your armor skills with out using a factory, on gloves. Gloves only require one segment meaning you can craft 3 layers by hand then 1 segment and then the gloves. Using the exact same resources/stats on segments and layers will yield you the same stats on all pieces of armor. I perfected my crafting by making a lot of gloves. Also another note that has been mentioned earlier, I would like to mention again is the fact that experimentation is not based on any of the stats of your pieces but in fact the actually percentage that can be seen on the left hand side of each experimenting bar. As more bars are filled, the high the percentage goes up the better your armor will be. As in example your layers may become 4% base at 85% and you might have 1 point remaining but not maxed the middle bar out yet. Put that last point in that bar, you will still have 4% base but instead you will have 93%.

3. Final Crafting Process.
For this stage of crafting it is very important that you choose your resources wisely, because they can be deceiving. I often find it hard to choose between resources that have:
800OQ 800Shock (in the 800 range)
700OQ 900Shock
900OQ 700Shock
I usually use the resources that have a 700OQ 900Shock because everything in armor has an experimental quality that requires OQ but specifically the Base Effectiveness uses Shock Resistance. Therefore, the higher the shock the better the resists. Do not go using stuff that has 100OQ 999Shock though, because it is not worth it. Most of the easy resources to attain you should aim for 1600+ combined OQ and Shock. Make sure that before you being to craft the final piece that you make thousands of reinforced fiberplast panels and thousands of synthetic cloth using crappy resources. These components don’t have experimental values to them therefore do not need high quality resources. Some of the more difficult resources to obtain are the beryrillous copper, which is a pain to get. The stuff I use has been the best on my server with a 930 OQ and a 490 Shock. Also another resource that may be hard to attain but not seem it is the wolly hide. You need to make sure you get good wolly hide. Usually every 4 weeks a decent wolly hide spawns and every 6 weeks a good wolly hide spawns. See if you can get some guild members or friends that have hunting skills to go out and help you harvest some hide. I usually find the best wolly hide to be on Endor and Yavin 4. It usually takes a good couple of days of pure hunting to attain a good amount. I like to take missions if at all possible for the extra cash. Also do not hunt in a group even with a droid or pet because that gives you a reduction to the amount harvested from the creature. After you get all the resources for the composite which includes (this numbers are for a chest plate):
1. Requires 100 units of Intrusive Ore (look for high OQ and Shock)
2. Requires 100 units of Known Solid Petrochemical Fuel(High OQ Only)
3. Requires 50 units of Nabooian Fiberplast(Highest shock possible with attaining at least 700OQ)
4. Requires 60 units of Aluminum(A 800OQ and 800Shock)
5. Requires 50 units of Beyrllius Copper (As good as possible)
6. Requires 40 units of Wooly Hide (700OQ and 700Shock)
7. Requires 4 identical Composite Armor Segment (your going to have to factory crate them for all pieces)
8. Requires 1 Synthetic Cloth
9. Requires 1 Reinforced Fiber Panel

Try to get the best resources possible. After all these resources have been attained then craft the armor and get to the experimenting part. You will need to max out the middle bar or what I do is max out my bar the 1st piece I make to see how high I can get the base. Then with that number on my next pieces I see how far up I need to experiment to get that number but yet keep as many experimental points as possible. You will get your high base. For me on average it is 71%. With my base maxed out my special protection tends to be 79% Kinetic 76% Electric. I have one point remaining, which I put in the top bar. Ironically that top bar is for encumbrance, but it brings the kinetic up to 80% and the electric up to 80%. The bottom bar does have the same effect just increases the condition. Congratulations, you have created some nice PvE armor.

PvP Armor

PvP armor tends to be a lot harder to make. They are a lot higher expectations because everyone wants high stun with a high base. With anything but stun the layers base adds onto the base effectiveness from the armor making it 80%. Because Composite is Vun. To stun, it starts it at 0. This forces you to make decisions. Do you want a high base or a high stun resist? The choice of where or not you want high stun or high base comes down to the experimentation of the layers. If you were to choose high base, because the rarity in good Crism Siliclastic Ore, it is often hard to get a base higher then 69. (In my server Chilastra.) The best Crisim I have has like a 930OQ and a 430 Shock. This is pretty weak when comparing it to the steel I was using on the Kinetic Layers. Here is an in detailed look into crafting stun armor:
1. Choosing the right resources for the Stun Layer
25 Ferrous Metal (Look for the best, this should be easy at least 900oq and 900 Shock)
12 Crism Siliclastic Ore (Look for the best you can get VERY HARD on some servers)
10 Vertex Crystalline Gemstone (Usually spawns once every 6 weeks. Every other time seems to be ok. Mine is 920 OQ 910 Shock)

After the resources have been chosen, you get to the experimentation part of the layer. If you want high resist Stun, then you should experiment all your points to max out the bottom bar. If you want high base, you should use all your points into the middle bar. Here is where having +20 Armor Experimentation Skill tapes (12 points instead of 10 at master) comes into play. Because if you choose high base and you make out your middle bar and you go to experiment the bottom bar, say a 10 pt. master armorsmith only has 1 point remaining a, 12 point armorsmith has 3. This allows the armorsmith to attain a high stun and a higher base (still going to be a little lower then if you were to experiment and max the bar.) If you have 12 points, you still need to choose where you want the high base or high stun. If you want high stun, max out the bottom bar and then the middle bar.
I don’t usually like splitting half and half points because, when people go to buy armor they look for either high base or high stun. When you go to spilt the points you come out with a more even armor. To most people, it would seem less quality because when people see the stun armor, and they see you have a 39% stun or a 70% Base they tend to look less at the lower stat and are amazed and quick to press buy. Also some rich advanced players tend to carry a high stun resist suit or a high base. They also mix and match pieces. In my opinion stick to the high base or high stun.

2. Segement
The segment crafting is really the same as your PvE armor, you use all your points on the middle bar. This will raise the base. You have no more chances to raise the stun after the layers are crafted. Make sure you use 3 stun base layers or 3 stun high resist layers.

3. Composite Pieces
Once again the crafting is the same, max out your middle bar. But if you are making high stun resistant or high base stun armor, instead of putting your last few points in the top bar put them in the bottom. You may not got a 80% Electric but you will get at least a 75% . The reason being is that the quality of the Crism brings down the overall electric protection. Experimenting on the bottom bar gives you more electric then experimenting on the top bar.

FYI: I am on the Chilastra server. Some of the resources that I use are Ocow (carbonite steel), Borfi (Vertex Cyrstalline Gemstone), Kigon (Colat Iron), Idokiam (polysteel copper), Tuvepp (Kirium Steel) Those are really all the important ones. Except for the Archo Wolly hide.

Well this has been my guide to crafting high resistant advanced composite from start to finish. I only craft high resistant armor because it is what I want, my guild wants, and 99% of my customers want. I usually sell a full suit for around 500k (Random Slices.) Some of my higher sliced (90 Base) suits have gone for 4-8 million. I have used Janta Hides, Night Sister Loot, and Krayt Dragon loot. I have started the RIS quest but never completed. If you have any questions please feel to send me a PM and I will try to respond. Although some elite combat players may say that Armor crafting is for the weak minded, it is truly the opposite. Armor crafting requires skill and practice. This guide is meant as a guide line and should help you. Good Luck and may the force be with you.

Posted: May 16th, 2004, 11:12 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
is this any good? Just wondering? Maybe free premium or at least a nice job:)

Posted: May 31st, 2004, 7:12 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
can someone rate my post. maybe i get free premium

Posted: May 31st, 2004, 7:56 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I think they are looking for exploits. Maybe if you knew a way to say always get 90% comp.

Posted: June 1st, 2004, 6:34 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
it says guides, well i figured id give it a whirl. The only way to get 90% is if you have a high base (69 or above) and you get a good effectiveness slice. THe only other ways are using 40% krayt composite segments or janta hides.

Posted: July 14th, 2004, 1:09 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
/bump

Posted: July 14th, 2004, 2:17 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
very nice guide submission...

Posted: July 14th, 2004, 10:46 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
thanks

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online