taultunleashed logoRare loots: Loot table examined : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 14 posts ] 
blue large dot

Rare loots: Loot table examined : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info

Posted: July 21st, 2009, 9:50 am

lachow

Total Posts: 2
lachow's Reps: 0
After examining data and general loot behaviors, here's how you can get the rare drops every time:

1. Get a full group. This included droids, etc. and they don't have to all be in combat.

2. Find a spot where you can kill lots of stuff. This has to include the mob that drops the rare loot, but can include other things too.

3. Set up an AFK macro that kills and keeps you in combat with less than a 5 minute pause between kills.

4. Grind for about 4 hours. After that the rare drops start coming, due to the loot table being 'spooled up'.

The way this works is the loot table is based of a random algorithm with modifiers. The amount of time in combat, the size of the group, and the amount of downtime all influence the loot table. Once the server determines that all of these have been met for a period of time, the next level of rarity for loot is locked in (eliminates the useless stuff like the posters). This continues again for 2-3 times depending on the spawn and how many levels they have of rarity of loot. Once you're maxxed, you only have the highest and second highest rarity of loot dropping.

This has been confirmed to work using the spawns on Dathomir to get 4/5 sith waistpack as well as ancient flawless krayt pearls, but please feel free to test it too.

Posted: July 21st, 2009, 11:33 am

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Yays or nays please?

Posted: July 22nd, 2009, 6:33 am

dejonah

Total Posts: 40
dejonah's Reps: 0
like i have said before the loot table is time based you can log on in one spot after a set time and loot the 4/5 waist almost every time with out harvesting !@#$%^&* loads of spawns you just need to know thow the time its set on and the last time its dropped the sith waist 4/5 is on an 8 hour drop on danth at the com link collection spot you dont need to kill the gold elete but you can if you feel the need

i personly do this on saturdays/sundays at between 19:30-20:00 uk time
this has been the case from year dot of the collection system and i have only shared this with minimal people im leaving swg soon so i feel i can pass this on now happy hunting

Posted: July 22nd, 2009, 6:51 am

phelan1777

Total Posts: 348
phelan1777's Reps: 9
premium
Care to provide WPs?

Posted: August 2nd, 2009, 8:19 pm

kissofdarknes

Total Posts: 48
kissofdarknes's Reps: 9
premium
can this work in space?

Posted: August 3rd, 2009, 3:27 pm

stitch67

Total Posts: 29
stitch67's Reps: 0
premium
Another thread copied from swgmmoblogspot from this user

Posted: August 4th, 2009, 5:30 pm

zerox5

Total Posts: 35
zerox5's Reps: 0
This is one of those posts you cant really confirm it. Im going to give it a /yay but im going to list why im doing this.

Treasure maps work the same way and that has been confirmed allready! Groups of 4 or greater will have the high end tresure map loot drops. It was said awhile back by a dev just not to much in locating that but it was said.

Timed loot: Basically counting to lets say 4 sec after animation has stoped to obtain differnt loot. I cant say how long I have tested that idea out and still have nbot come to a precise conclusion over it. Ya it changes it I think lol but sometimes it doesn't so is it chance? Like I said really have not come to a conclusion with timed loot.

Then there is Luck stats: Some people think that having a luck buff will give you more of a chance. I never really bellived this myself but some players are swear by it in game.

The only Dev response I have ever saw that said anything about the loot tables was over treasure maps and group sizes. So I would have to lean towards group size over the rest of the theories.

I dont think there is a way to really test this one and be 100 percent accurate in a method in determining the loot tables. The only thing I have ever seen was by a Dev about the treasure maps loot tables so not sure if this also fits into the rest of the loot tables or not!

Posted: August 5th, 2009, 7:22 pm

aaron22mo

Total Posts: 62
aaron22mo's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
only way to test is is by doing what he said on saturday and sunday at the ns spawn if u loot rare holos then u know its true if u dont then maybe its his luck?

Posted: August 7th, 2009, 12:04 pm

haricari

Total Posts: 31
haricari's Reps: 0
zerox5 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Then there is Luck stats: Some people think that having a luck buff will give you more of a chance. I never really bellived this myself but some players are swear by it in game.

Well, back when you could do the damn near infinite entertainer buff slploit i had a luck of 100k + and tried to get a couple jetpack bases. After about 3 hours nothing dropped. So im gunna say luck aint got nothing to do with loot drops, only thing i noticed was i never got hit and all of my shots were strike through and crits

Posted: August 8th, 2009, 10:51 pm

macphisto

Total Posts: 14
macphisto's Reps: 1
premium
[quote="zerox5"]This is one of those posts you cant really confirm it. Im going to give it a /yay but im going to list why im doing this.

Treasure maps work the same way and that has been confirmed allready! Groups of 4 or greater will have the high end tresure map loot drops. It was said awhile back by a dev just not to much in locating that but it was said.

Not sure if that's even true, a friend of mine looted a couple of 4/5's from doing Treasure Maps alone, no group.

Posted: August 9th, 2009, 2:34 pm

zerox5

macphisto (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
zerox5 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
This is one of those posts you cant really confirm it. Im going to give it a /yay but im going to list why im doing this.

Not sure if that's even true, a friend of mine looted a couple of 4/5's from doing Treasure Maps alone, no group.

chapter 6.8 bug bash, and it reads:

Treasure Maps:

Jedi Council Member Treasure Hunters in groups of 8 have a chance of receiving new rare loot items.
Jedi Council Member Treasure Hunters in groups of 8 spawn a Boss. Good luck.
Jedi Council Member Treasure Hunters in groups of 4 or more get an additional treasure chest items with a higher percentage of rare drops.
Treasure maps will no longer lead a player to Endor or Yavin 4.
Treasure Guardians now patrol around instead of staying in one location after the chest is extracted.
Treasure chests will now spawn at the player location instead of the exact waypoint location.
The treasure map is no longer unusable if the treasure waypoint is deleted.

Im also 99 percent sure that groups of 4+ have a chance of getting buff crystals for treasure maps ill try to find the exact link on that but for the above that is exactly word for word in what it says for 6.8 bug bash that went in!

Posted: August 9th, 2009, 3:30 pm

macphisto

Total Posts: 14
macphisto's Reps: 1
premium
macphisto (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

chapter 6.8 bug bash, and it reads:

Treasure Maps:

Jedi Council Member Treasure Hunters in groups of 8 have a chance of receiving new rare loot items.
Jedi Council Member Treasure Hunters in groups of 8 spawn a Boss. Good luck.
Jedi Council Member Treasure Hunters in groups of 4 or more get an additional treasure chest items with a higher percentage of rare drops.
Treasure maps will no longer lead a player to Endor or Yavin 4.
Treasure Guardians now patrol around instead of staying in one location after the chest is extracted.
Treasure chests will now spawn at the player location instead of the exact waypoint location.
The treasure map is no longer unusable if the treasure waypoint is deleted.

Im also 99 percent sure that groups of 4+ have a chance of getting buff crystals for treasure maps ill try to find the exact link on that but for the above that is exactly word for word in what it says for 6.8 bug bash that went in!

Does the group have to be at the Treasure Map location? Or they can be any where, even another planet?

Posted: August 9th, 2009, 3:50 pm

zerox5

Does the group have to be at the Treasure Map location? Or they can be any where, even another planet?[/quote]

In the area Droids count as well with it!

Posted: October 8th, 2009, 2:44 am

lulzhai

Total Posts: 132
lulzhai's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Does the group have to be at the Treasure Map location? Or they can be any where, even another planet?

In the area Droids count as well with it![/quote]

From my experiences, You don't need all 8 people to be present to get the huge spawn.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online