taultunleashed logoSpy Starter's Guide : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

Spy Starter's Guide : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info

Posted: March 8th, 2006, 12:17 pm

itry2help
itry2help's Reps:
NOTE: I can't really look at anything, since I'm a free membership..so I hope something like this hasn't already been posted; if something has been posted already I'm sorry for wasting yours and my time.

Oay now down to buisness. I wanan help out some people that are new to spy and aren't quite sure how to "use" the profession. I've had some pretty good experience with them...so I'll start off by giving some(i hope helpfull) tips about PvP with a spy.

PvP
Alright, so when engaging in PvP as a spy I would reccomend, at any level(obviously, lol) to have the best carbine you can find. You want the carbine so you have the abilty to deal out some decent damage and not have to be within that 25-35m range that pistols are restricted to(Well most pistols anyway). After you've gotten yourself your carbine, I reccomend finding a decent melee weapon. Anything that is decent at your levle will do just find. The melee weapon is only for when you fight jedi that use sabre block. Now, you have your weapons all set; now I'd find some camo enhancing cloths, but beware you don't really notice all that much untily ou reach +100 camo...So work up to that. Then I'd reccomend some Primus layered armor, like RIS..or the quest reward Katarn(Clone Trooper) Armor. Which has good overall stats with everything at about 5.6k protection.
So now that you've got your armor and weapons and your cloths, I would say you're ready to go out there and take down some people. First, I wouldn't reccomend dueling anyone more than 3(at max) levels above your current level(level 90s ingore that, obviously) Now for some geberal rules..When you are at half health, I'd reccomend standing still and then using your smoke bomb and then using the moveable stealth ability. If you don't move then it's pretty easy for your opponent to remember about where you were and launch a AOE(Area Of Affect) attack at you or better yet(for opponent) a DOT(Damage-Over-Time) attack and then u'll be easy pickings. So move around while stealthed, heal your self ASAP, then launch a DOT attack like venomous ploy or spy's fang and unload on specials and just keep on attacking. Also, remember to use obstacles to your advantage; it will make you a harder target to hit and give you an advantage to catch your opponent unawares. Now, when against a jedi they will most-likely use sabre block on you; rendering you very vulnerable and most-likely dead. So when they use sabre block..get in close with your melee weapons and do as much damage as possible and when up close as you're about to die I'd use stealth then move away. And always remember: You HAVE A HEAL ABILITY. USE IT. Against Commandos, I would say to stay out- of- range of there heavy weps(not positive on teh ranges) Against BH's I wouls say avoid their snare, because they could use enough snares opn you to make u almost immobile. Against another spy...I'dsay focus on using your stealth to ur advantage. In other words...Stealth Battles..pretty much. Against Medics..stay at least 35m away from them so they can;t get their cloud bleed on you(Also remember...they have more healing abilties than you.) Against smugglers..well I dunno about htese guys, because my server doesn't have any and I'm out of respecs, lol. Against Officers..well they aren't really too hard to beat..just get bleed on them and fire away.

So, I hope this small guide has helped out some1...

and i hope it'll get me premium

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online