taultunleashed logoSWG Bot: Post NGE Crafting Macro - Pics - Detailed : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 40 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

SWG Bot: Post NGE Crafting Macro - Pics - Detailed : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info

Posted: December 28th, 2005, 9:55 pm

x3haloed
x3haloed's Reps:
*Note: this is a repost of a reply I just made in the Macro forum.*

**There is no such thing as a macro you can use to grind crafting AFK, because there is no command to select the resources during the crafting process. However, you can use a macro to help speed up the process.**
**Edit: I have found the above comment to not be true. I have disproved it myself. read on for AFK craft grinding.**

There are two different ones that I have used. The forst one is more for the early stages when its easier to figure out the numbers to the draft schematics. The second is when it becomes almost impossible to keep track of the numbers for the draft schematics.

*NOTE: Macro commands ARE case-sensititve!*

Macro #1
Name: grind1
-----------
/ui action toolbarSlot03;
/pause 3;
/selectDraftSchematic 10;
/pause 5;
/nextcraftingstage;
/nextcraftingstage;
/createprototype practice no item;
/pause 2;
/ui action toolbarSlot04;
/pause 3;
/pause 5;
/nextcraftingstage;
/nextcraftingstage;
/pause 2;
/ui action toolbarSlot05;
/pause 3;
/pause 5;
/nextcraftingstage;
/nextcraftingstage;
/pause 2;
/ui action toolbarSlot06;
/pause 3;
/pause 5;
/nextcraftingstage;
/nextcraftingstage;
/pause 1;
/macro grind1
-----------------

Here is an explaination of how to make this macro work, and what certain things do:
------------
First of all, where it says "/selectDraftSchematic 10;" that means that its selecting the schematic that's assigned to number 10. It is very difficult to figure out which number is which schematic, as it changes based on a multitude of variables. I have found though, that for many crafters in the early stages, schematic 10 is a firework. these work pretty well for grinding early-on. you may have to experiment w/ the numbers to get the right schematic.

You need to drag this macro into the first slot in your toolbar. Then you need four crafting tools of the same type. Put those crafting tools in slots four through seven. For this example, we are using generic crafting tools.

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

to run the macro, simply click on the macro button on your toolbar, then right-click twice outside of the toolbar. This will initiate the process. Once it's started, it will move your selection on the toolbar to the first crafting tool. right-click twice again to begin the crafting sequence. The page that asks you which schematic you want to use will open.

.(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Leave it alone. It will automatically select which schematic to use. Next, the resource selection page will open,

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

you need to double click all of the resources needed to get them in their proper spaces, you have only a couple seconds to get this done. Then, the window will close and you will see a message appear on you screen that says, "The crafting session has ended!," or something similar to that. Then, you will see your first crafting tool begin to count down in your toolbar.

As soon as you see this, right click twice outside of your toolbar and windows again to start up the next crafting tool. Reapeat the process of selecting your resources and so-on. This macro will repeat itself untill you use the "/dump" command. you can either type it in you chat window, or make another macro using this command.

Macro #2
Name: grind2
----------------
/pause 8;
/nextcraftingstage;
/nextcraftingstage;
/pause 2;
/pause 8;
/nextcraftingstage;
/nextcraftingstage;
/pause 2;
/pause 8;
/nextcraftingstage;
/nextcraftingstage;
/pause 2;
/pause 8;
/nextcraftingstage;
/nextcraftingstage;
/pause 2;
/macro grind2
-----------------

This macro is basically the same as the other one. the only difference is that it doesnt automatically select the draft schematic. So, if you are having difficulty figuring out the number for the draft schematic you want to use, you can just select it yourself. *Note: selecting the draft schematic and puting the resources in their places need to be done very fast.*

If anybody has any questions you can reply here or email me at x3haloed@gmail.com

I hope this helps :)

Side note: of course I am interested to see if this is worth a premium account :), as is everyone else about there posts.

Last edited by Guest on December 30th, 2005, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: December 29th, 2005, 3:05 am

nocturne
nocturne's Reps:
very nice but is there a way to auto select rescources fopr a full afk experience? sry not a big macroer =(

Posted: December 29th, 2005, 9:38 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
x3haloed can you get that to be fully automated witha 3rd party macro program. Because then it would be amazing to use.

Posted: December 29th, 2005, 10:42 am

tault_danceofthedead
tault_danceofthedead's Reps:
well if someone who has xunleashed or xhume it would be pretty easy. Thsi macro is pretty common but because of it's complexity and the fact that it hasn't been able to be used since the start of the original CU, I think it is worth some points. Heck It would be nice if we could get autoit to do it for true AFK

Posted: December 29th, 2005, 1:20 pm

x3haloed
x3haloed's Reps:
Allright, I'll work w/ it some more to see it I can get it to bee fully automated...

Posted: December 29th, 2005, 1:37 pm

x3haloed
x3haloed's Reps:
Allright, I found a program that should eliminate the need of a SWG macro completely. I dont know if anyone else has ever mentioned it before. It is called ActMaker2.5, and it can be found here-->http://www.789987.com/macro.htm. The site explains how to use it.

Now I feel like I typed up that whole page up there for nothing :)

Posted: December 29th, 2005, 2:04 pm

x3haloed
x3haloed's Reps:
**Update**
Well I tested the program I just mentioned, and it works great!

Tips:
-You will probably want to do the crafting a little bit slowly while recording, to compensate for any unexpected lag.
-You will most likey have to re-record your macro every time you want to have a crafting session, because your resources get reorganized.
-Try to avoid double-clicking, as it is a little buggy. Instead, click 'Next,' 'Assemble,' etc., and drag your resources into their spots.

Have fun AFK crafting :)

Posted: December 29th, 2005, 2:15 pm

nocturne
nocturne's Reps:
lol i hope you get quite a few tubucks for this, GREAT job

Posted: December 29th, 2005, 2:19 pm

x3haloed
x3haloed's Reps:
**One more update**
If you aren't lagging much, and you want to grind even faster while AFK, you can use a combination of the macro I showed you in the beginning and this new program. This should make things go super fast. However, if you are like me and SWG is laggy about half the time, and fine the other half, it may be best to stick with JUST the program, and keep the recording slsow, so that you dont mess stuff up.

Last edited by Guest on December 30th, 2005, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: December 29th, 2005, 2:20 pm

nocturne
nocturne's Reps:
this works like a charm lol wish i ould pay you back somehow lol

Posted: December 29th, 2005, 2:33 pm

x3haloed
x3haloed's Reps:
I take personal checks and cash.
haha, just kidding!

I am glad it helps! :)

Posted: December 29th, 2005, 6:22 pm

x3haloed
x3haloed's Reps:
For those of you that need a little more explaination, I have created a video tutorial on how to use the macro recording program that I just linked to (God, I am such a nerd... ...oh yeah, and my breathing is not that heavy, I have a sensitive mic, lol.). you can find it here--> (!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

This is just a quick demonstration of the program at it's basick use. You can combine this program with the macro I wrote up (top of this page) to make grinding super fast. To do this, make the 2nd macro from the top of this page. However, remove the part at the end that says, "/macro grind2." Put the macro and the crafting tools in the right spots on the toolbar, start recording with the program. Go through all of the steps mentioned in the tutorial on the top of ths page for the second macro. Once you finish the macro, by using all of the crafting tools on the toolbar, stop recording the macro. In the options of the macro recording program, set the macro to re-run itself as many times as you like. If you keep the "/macro grind2" in your written macro, you will run into timing problems w/ the program's macro and the written macro.

I hope all of this blabbering is useful :)

Posted: December 30th, 2005, 7:49 am

x3haloed
x3haloed's Reps:
**Update**
-Well, looks like this new macro program works pretty well. I left it running last ight and gained four levels while I was sleeping! (I ran out of resources).
-I have dicovered this about the macros I have provided: A: If you want to level up quickly, Use the macros at the top of this page, and B: If you want to level up while you are AFK use the macro recording program. The reason being is that the macro recording program is a bit laggy, so in order to keep things working properly, it is best, while recording the macro, to do everything slowly. For example, hover your mouse over buttons/resources for a second or so before clicking/dragging. Also, after loading times ex: booting the crafting station, assembling the item, creating the prototype, etc. give it a second before continuing your actions, this will give it a chance to compensate for any possible lag.
-I am currently working on a way to get the macro recording program method to be fail-proof, because every great once in a while, it will goff up for some unexplained reason. I will add a couple written macros to the process to make sure that if the program does something funky like dragging the crafting station window instead of dragging a resource (it happened to me once) the crafting window will properly close after the macro is done running, and that way it will have a chance to start the crafting tool up normally.
-More updates to come soon!

Last edited by Guest on December 30th, 2005, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: December 30th, 2005, 10:14 am

tault_danceofthedead
tault_danceofthedead's Reps:
youch best submission in a long time, I will be moving this to confirmed section, x3haloed keep the sploits coming, it can be very good for your standings

Posted: December 30th, 2005, 10:30 am

x3haloed
x3haloed's Reps:
Ha ha ha, thank you very much! I will continue to be as helpful as I can!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online