taultunleashed logoSWG Guides - Uber fast leveling using in game mechanics : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 19 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

SWG Guides - Uber fast leveling using in game mechanics : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info

Posted: August 17th, 2009, 10:01 pm

carlee

Total Posts: 65
carlee's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Level character in around 24-48 Hours

( Looking for hefty premium sub please.)

I URGE YOU PLEASE NOT USE THIS IN PVP OR IN PUBLIC OR IT WILL GET NERFED QUICKLY.

Player ONE is the one who needs to level a combat character to 90.

They can group up with someone else around their same level and do grind together.

Get some armor ready because you will be level 22 in minutes.

If you are respeccing from cl 90 trader or ent make sure before hand to equip any GCW weapons and jewelry and high statted/level packs.

Respec to for example Medic for the heals. You will be cl 5 probably. If you have a high level weapon still equipped it will unequip if you log for a while or if server resets.

Have your cl 90 trader buddies or alts each get a new snazzy cl 90 droid with as much cap/specials as possible as well as some spare batteries. Don't settle for a wussy droid!

Head to a player city out in the boon docks with a mission terminal.

Temporarily group up with your level 90 buddies and have them get some cl 90 missions all in the same direction. Have them send wps to player ONE if you want after they drive out and spawn the lairs and come back and get more. Get a bunch that you can farm so they are close together.

Don't get missions of animals that help each other like quenkers or fierce piket protectors.

Have the cl 90 friends ungroup or kick them.

Have player ONE be group leader.

Have each trader call their droid and set up a macro like:

/ui action toolbarSlot00 (droid special)
/pause .5;
/ui action toolbarSlot01; (droid special like flame jet) etc

You can custom make your macros to have them follow Player ONE etc.

Each trader with a droid trains their pet to attack, group, follow and befriend. I suggest training each droid with a different group command in case ONE needs to group one that got auto stored.

Train them with same attack command like attack or att or a. Same for follow.

Each trader targets Player ONE and befriends each droid to ONE.

Player ONE says follow and all of them will not be under Player ONE's control.

Have the traders use their macros to auto fire the specials and either have them range healing Player ONE or just following along.

Player ONE can either group the droids or not to give them buffs etc.

Now take your mini army and milk (don't kill the lairs) the cl 90 animals for about 2500 xp a kill.

When you get tired of this, use your favorite afk spot to continue like North of Coronet where there is a group of high level npc you can grind off afk.

So don't have the cl 90 toons in the group with you when you start or the xp will get nerfed. Bring extra batteries. Make sure Player ONE doesn't have their own personal droid out.

Basically in a nut shell the cl 90 traders befriend their uber droids to Player ONE and you are a killing machine and can do this solo with alts or with your friends also leveling.

If you are smart with macros and afk'ing you might just be able to do all of this afk and even faster!

I got my character to 90 in less than 40 hours and that was with breaks and such.

* combat toons befriending their droids will work too; their droid will just be cl 60, but still effective.

Last edited by carlee on August 18th, 2009, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: August 18th, 2009, 7:57 am

bezuulba

Total Posts: 3
bezuulba's Reps: 0
premium
YAY worked for me

Posted: August 18th, 2009, 11:51 am

rugburn

Total Posts: 376
rugburn's Reps: 4
premium
I will test this today.

Posted: August 18th, 2009, 11:55 am

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Just need one more Yay, or some Nays.

Posted: August 18th, 2009, 12:24 pm

extract0rs

Total Posts: 139
extract0rs's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Yay. It works

Posted: August 18th, 2009, 5:02 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Moving to a confirmed section and submitted for premium. Just be patient and admin should hook you up :)

Posted: August 19th, 2009, 2:14 pm

mrsflayre

Total Posts: 40
mrsflayre's Reps: 0
Just curious, how would you use it in pvp?

Posted: August 19th, 2009, 3:25 pm

r04r

Total Posts: 387
r04r's Reps: 9
premium
mrsflayre (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Just curious, how would you use it in pvp?

Been wondering the same thing, really :wink:

Posted: August 20th, 2009, 12:01 pm

swift1934

Total Posts: 1
swift1934's Reps: 0
Hes probably talking about the low level using a level 90 weapon in a duel.
About his leveling with the droids trick, there's another neat trick you can do. For example I was using two super battle droids and gave them seprate follow commands and made a macro and put them on my toolbar and when one of the droids get low on health you can spam the follow command and it acts like the droid was pull out of combat restoring action & health to the droid. I was using this to take 10 or more of those level 90 moncals on corellia cause the droids kept aggroing alot of them but it was no problem cause they were healing in combat with that command and holding aggro. FYI you spam it with the toon that the droids were befriended to.

Posted: August 25th, 2009, 8:15 am

crellos

Total Posts: 14
crellos's Reps: 0
premium
I was wondering how i could do this if i have a master trader on another account and do it with duel logging. Could someone maybe give me some ideas on how to do that? Thanks

Posted: August 28th, 2009, 2:51 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Premium Granted

Posted: August 28th, 2009, 4:39 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Premium Granted

There's the good ol' admin! lol Haven't seen you online for awhile.

Posted: August 28th, 2009, 9:01 pm

sparktite

Total Posts: 178
sparktite's Reps: 6
Active User > 50 Posts
Yeah i dont understand how this will work in pvp, i also dont know why u mention that the traders and ents would be healing or buffing player one. I still find it much simpler and easier to go grind something afk with a lvl 90 in the group. I just grind frosh guards completely afk for a few days, and any non lvl 90 will hit lvl 90 by then, even if they are level 1. Takes a bit longer, but its much easier and less worrying about aggro or spawns. Still some pretty creative thinking tho.

Posted: August 29th, 2009, 9:18 am

tnok85

Total Posts: 47
tnok85's Reps: 0
premium
sparktite (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Yeah i dont understand how this will work in pvp, i also dont know why u mention that the traders and ents would be healing or buffing player one. I still find it much simpler and easier to go grind something afk with a lvl 90 in the group. I just grind frosh guards completely afk for a few days, and any non lvl 90 will hit lvl 90 by then, even if they are level 1. Takes a bit longer, but its much easier and less worrying about aggro or spawns. Still some pretty creative thinking tho.

Can you explain this? I've got a 90 Commando, and would like to set this up.

Posted: August 31st, 2009, 12:50 pm

sparktite

Total Posts: 178
sparktite's Reps: 6
Active User > 50 Posts
Its very easy you just go to the frosch bunker. Go into the big square room with rounded edges, thats my fave. I have a medic heal me afk for safety but its not required as long as ur buffed, or are a medic yourself, maybe a jedi or command can do it with their heals alone. I have use a slightly different method than most ppl for my targeting macro. I have one macro called target, it is just /ui action cycleTargetOutward; /pause 2; /macro target; I then have my aoe and attack macros, and being a commando im using my armor break my aoe dot ability as well as supressing fire. Just use /ui action toolbarSlot00; 00 is 1 and 01 is 2. Sorry if im pointing out obvious things, just wanna be as clear as i can. I have it set to fire off tool bar slot 00 then 01 then 02 with .4 pauses inbetween, and then a repeat at the end. I then have a final macro for dropping my mine which has a pause of 1. Any aoe will work for attracting npcs afk. You then have your other characters that you want to level on /follow, your level 90. Then have them all have macros for assisting. /assist yourname; /pause .4; /ui action toolbarSlot00; /pause .4; /macro assist; I usually make their attack a level one or higher ability based on how much action it sucks, cuz you dont want your character to run out of action. Then the last piece to the mix is your afk macro. I grinded 3 toons with a total of 5 toons completely afk all last night. Woke up and they were cloned, because my lvl 90s dodge chance is too high, he strayed off and died. But the afk macro i use is /mood happy; /pause 100; /mood none; /pause 100; /getvet; /pause 100; /macro afk; I read that the mood and get vet seem to be the favorite afk macros working atm.

Sorry for jacking the thread, but i figured id write up my lil guide for any one whos interested.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online