taultunleashed logoUltimate Character : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

Ultimate Character : Star Wars Galaxies Nerfed Info

Posted: December 1st, 2004, 4:13 am

tault_kash
tault_kash's Reps:
Template:
============
Master Rifleman
Master Swordsman
Master Brawler
Teras Kasi Artist 3/0/0/0

Disadvantages:
--Needs buffs to be truly uber.
--No healing ability.
--No pets to tank for you (unless you get an AT-ST)

Advantages:
--5000 HAM
--Deals all mind damage (melee and ranged)
--Has many ways of reducing damage (avoidance and reduction)
--Is capable against both ranged and melee opponents.

Disadvantages (in-depth):
=========================
--The first and foremost is that this character really has to be buffed to perform well. It needs Doctor/Dancer buffs the most and Musician buffs help a _lot_. In my situation this isn't too much trouble because I have access to a second account which has a doctor/dancer on it. So I can log in my second character, buff this one, and then log out the doctor/dancer. The whole buffing process takes about 5 minutes if you know what you are doing and have optimized your in-game macros (dancer flourishes). I would like to say, however, that finding buffs isn't usually that hard. The best way is to go to the community tab and do a search for players in the area who are doctors, dancers, and musicians. If you are in a major city they shouldn't be too hard to find.
--The next thing, which many advanced characters will notice right away, is the lack of healing ability. This is a huge disadvantage and was probably the hardest decision to make when creating this template. The saving grace, as you will see later in this guide, is that when fully buffed, this character won't normally need healing. However, due to his lack of healing ability he will have a difficult time fighting high damage classes such as Commandos and Bounty Hunters (BH).
--And lastly, this character isn't the best for hunting Krayt and/or Dark Jedi because he isn't a Creature Handler. This was the next hardest decision to make because as we all know, Creature Handlers are the best at PvE.

Advantages (in-depth):
=======================
5000 HAM. Yes, you read it correctly. This template will allow you to have 5000 (more if you get some high end doctor buffs) Health, Action, and Mind. The key is buff stacking. As mentioned before, this character needs to be buffed to play properly. Luckily, this character can get buffed more than any other character in the game. In order to benefit the most you want to do the following:
Migrate your stats to 1000+ mind.
Find a Dancer/Musician and get them to /setPerform on you.
Then /watch and /listen them.
After 5-8 minutes (depending on the efficiency of the dancer/musician) use a Muon Gold, eat some mind enhancing food (if you have it) and follow both of those with a Power Boost.
Once the power boost kicks in /stopwatching and /stoplistening to the performers.
If you now look at your mind in your character sheet you should have a maximum of 7500 [(1000 + 500 +1000) * 1.5 * 2].
Wait for your food, spice, and power boost to wear off (about 5-10 minutes).
Now your mind should read 4750 (7500-500-1000-1250).
Now that you have your mind buffed, run out and get a doctor to buff all 6 of your health/action (sub)stats.
Now, depending on stat migration (we'll go over that later) you should have around 2000 health/action and 4750 mind. But this isn't 5000 in all 3 as I promised is it? Not to worry though, just before you go into any battle (PvP or PvE) /meditate and /powerboost. This will give you 50% of your mind to health, action and mind. So you are now at 4375/4375/7125. This is about as low as you will have with all of the buffs listed previously. Depending on how you do stat migration and how high of doctor buffs you get you could potentially get up to 5500. Now we are a walking tank. The best part is, HAM bars are displayed relatively to each other when other characters look at you. So at first glance to them, it just looks like you have more mind than health/action and therefor you will be an easy kill with body shot or leg shot. They will soon find out otherwise.

The next advantage this character has is mind damage. All his attacks are directed at the dreaded, un-healable, mind pool. Now that players can get mind buffed by dancers this isn't as powerful as it would have been a month ago, but it is still a very powerfull template. As a rifleman you have access to Head Shot and Mind Shot, both very powerfull attacks. And with master, if you get your hands on +10 rifle speed, you will be able to spam these shots every second. You are also a swordsman, probably the hardest hitting class short of BHs and Commandos. But unlike those two, you can also target the mind pool. So while a Commando is waiting for his 5 second rocket launcher to reload you are pounding away at an unhealable damage pool once per second (dependant on +25 2h-sword speed enhancers).

And last, but not least, is master brawler. This is a horribly overlooked profession that I expect to see making a comeback shortly. There are only 3 reasons to get master brawler, and although they seem pointless at first, they can be very powerfull. These reasons are Warcry2, Intimidate2, and 2h-Lunge2. On top of these you get some +toughness, +accuracy, and +speed, which is nice, but alone they are not worth taking master brawler for.

Warcry2: Prior to the most recent patch, this skill was somewhat useless because of it's incredibly low chance to hit. However, with bio-engineered clothing now working this skill can be deadly in the hands of a skilled players. What it does is gives a 20 second delay to the target (the description says it's area of effect but I have not tested this yet). It also has a range of 20 meters which means you can use it on your opponent before they get close enough to get into melee with you. It does have a reuse timer 30 seconds which can be annoying, but 20 out of every 30 seconds with your target unable to hit you is pretty damn good.

Intimidate2: This skill, although not as powerfull as Warcry2, can easily change the course of any battle. It also has a 20m range and it has a duration of 2 minutes. What it does is reduces the amount of damage that the target does by 50%. So if a target would normally have hit you for 500 damage, they now only hit for 250 damage. And with a 2 minute duration you don't have to worry about recasting it all the time. Also, luckily for us, the BE clothing that has +warcry on it also has +intimidate. My character currently has +63 to warcry and intimidate and he rarely misses either of them.

TwoHandedLunge2: Also not as powerfull as Warcry2, this skill can have devastating effects. what it does is knocks down the target from 20m away. It's damage is minimal but damage is not the purpose of this skill. A target that has been knocked down not only has to get back up before they can move, but they also have a 5 second delay on their attack. Like Warcry2 this skill has a 30 second recast timer on it. The most common situation where you will want to use this skill is chasing down pistoleers that are kiting you. If you are fighting other ranged users your best bet is to stay back and fire your rifle. But pistol users have a tendancy to get into close range where your rifle accuracy is very low. When this happens rush them while switching to your 2h sword and spamming TwoHandedLunge2. Unless they have seen you fight before, they will not be expecting this because you are a rifleman and riflemen can't hit at close range. Some pistoleers may even rush within 20m of you in order to make you suffer the largest to-hit penalty. Once you have them on the ground you can proceed with your other attacks (I recomend Mind Hit so they get a nice mind bleed going (up to 900 damage with a good weapon).

As you can see, these advantages leave us with a character who can take some serious punishment, as well as dish out loads of non-healable damage, while still getting some extra benefits which further reduce the damage you take. Oh, and did I mention that Rifleman gets +20 melee defense leaving you with around 45 melee defense between the two classes, very high by any standard.

Leveling:
==============
Now that we have gone over what the character is, let's go over how to get there.

The first step to uberness is getting to Creature Handler 3/2/1/1. "What?", you say. "There was no creature handler listed above!" And I would say that you are correct. However, due to bugs in the game at the time of this writing, leveling creature handler is very easy and can be accomplished in under a day, if everything goes well, and the benefits you gain during the leveling process far outweigh the lost time. Let's go over the order to level your character.

Creature Handler (CH) 3/2/1/1
Master Rifleman
Teras Kasi (TKA) 3/0/0/0
Master Brawler
Master Swordsman
NOTE: It's also recommended that you train novice medic and work on your First Aid skill as you go or macro level it at nights)

Eventually you will untrain medic, CH, and scout, but wait until you have no more free points and be sure you have master rifleman first. The reasoning behind this is that with Creature Handler you can easily level rifleman. With rifleman you can easily level TKA and Brawler, with Brawler and TKA you can easily level swordsman. I will go over all of this in further detail below.

Equipment:
Assuming you are starting out with 1M credits I suggest you go out and buy all the weapons you will need plus most of the equipment you will need at master level. Check the forums, talk to friends, etc. Find out who makes the best quality weapons / equipment and buy from them (even if they do cost more). You will want the following:
CDEF Rifle
DLT20a Rifle
E11 Rifle
Laser Rifle
T21 Rifle (two of them, one sliced for damage and the other sliced for speed)
Heavy Axe
2-Handed Axe
2-Handed Sword
Power Hammer (two of them, one sliced for damage and the other sliced for speed)
Vibro Knuckles
A few crates of Stimpack - Bs (look for 350-400 base heal)
A crate or two of Pet Stim Packs (look for 800 base heal)
5-10 crates of melee powerups (both 33% max damage / 16% min damage and 33% speed / <whatever else>)
5-10 crates of ranged powerups (same as melee powerups)
4 full sets of bio engineered clothing (pants, shirt, jacket, bandolier) with the injury/wound treatment and the following (one set of each):
+4 Melee/+18 Stun Defense (second most important)
+18 Cover (if you are short on cash don't get this one)
+18 Intimidate/Warcry (this is the most important)
+18 Combat Bleeding Defense (doesn't work yet but when it's fixed this will be very nice to have around)

Creature Handler:
To start off I will state for the record that this method requires the use of a bug which will probably be removed from the game shortly. If/when this happens leveling CH first may not be the way to go because it can be slow to level. Though, it's still one of the easiest professions and when leveling Rifleman it can be well worth the effort (even without the bug).

The first thing you will need to do is get your scouting to 4/0/4/0. I recommend going to the Imperial Outpost on Dantooine during prime time and finding a group. Mention that everyone gets an xp bonus when there are additional group members (reguardless of level) and tell them that if they like, you will leave the group before lair kills so you don't leech credits. Idealy you want to find the largest group you can because all you really want is to harvest. Once you are out in the field do just that, harvest everything you see. You can also fire at the creatures with your rifle to get through some of the marksman skills and can probably get training from a group member (all BH and Commandos have master marksman).

Once you have gotten up to 3/0/0/0 you should move on to getting scouting xp via masc scent at the Squal caves (Tatooine: 48, -96). Just run around with mask scent on. Take things slow and if your mask scent wears off quickly find a safe spot (20m away from all enemies) and wait 'till you can re-apply it. My suggestion is to use the overhead map (control+m) to plan your route. Find the holes between groups, then run from one to the next, if something detects you just stop at the next gap, wait to re-apply, then make a run for the next hole.

If everything goes well you should have 4/0/4/0 in a couple of hours. Get the rest of scouting xp needed and train novice CH. Once you have that done you will need to find someone who will sell you 4 Greater Sludge Panther Babies (GSP). Make sure they are babies and trained in stay and group commands, as well as trick 1 if possible. Train them all in the basic commands (attack, follow, store) and then goto the edge of Corellia and pull out all 4 (using the CH calling bug). When you have all 4 out run around killing all the durni, paralopes, etc. that you can. These are low level creatures and 4 GSPs can easily take them out even while they are babies. You should quickly advance to the first level and I recommend taking 0/1/0/0 because it allows you to learn the stay command. with this you will be able to tame/train your own GSPs instead of having to find a seller. Next go for 0/2/0/0 because that will let you have 2 more pets and then follow with 0/2/0/1 so you can train your pets to group. Then try for 3/2/0/1 to make taming easier and finally 3/2/1/1. (NOTE: if you are buying all your pets you can just take 3/2/0/0. I suggest 3/2/1/1 because Graul Maulers can be tough to find when you want to buy them and 0/0/1/1 lets you train group and trick1 which is recommended).

Once this is complete go to the Imperial Outpost on Dantooine and run up and down the mountain range to the south west of the outpost until you find some Graul Mauler babies. I suggest getting 2, but you can be okay with just one and 3 will let you take on more risk without worrying about getting too much vitality hits on them.

Rifleman:
In my opinion leveling rifle is the most boring. It generaly consists of sending in your pet to tank something and sitting back and firing at it for the next minute or two. Your best course is to go for 4/0/0/0 first as it gives you an accuracy bonus, and follow that with 4/4/0/0 so you can get cover. Finally get 4/4/4/0 and by now you should be up to level 4 in the fourth branch (combat xp) and master rifleman.

I recommend using your highest level mind shot followed by your highest level head shot. This is what makes leveling rifleman so boring, you use the same 2 attacks for the entire tree. Also, I recommend Dantooine as the place to level because the creatures there give 1600-4000xp / kill and your grauler can tank 2-3 of them even while it's low level (6-10). Once your grauler gets up to max level you can tank just about anything with it as long as your target does kinetic damage.

This will be your first master skill and if you don't have enough apprentice points I recommend you train Image Design and find a friend to macro with for about an hour. That should net you 1280 apprentice points.

Teras Kasi:
This is also a pretty boring one, but luckily we don't have to do it for very long. My recommendation is to put away the pet and use bleeds to kill your target. Take cover and fire with Mind Shot 2 a few times (until you get a nice high bleed) and follow it with Mind Shot 1. Be very carefull not to hit your target with any rifle shots other than mind shot! If you do you will get rifel xp instead of UA xp. Also, make sure you are fighting things which you can kill with one set of bleeds (10,000 HAM or less). Once the creature starts running towards you, switch to your vibro knuckles and start pounding. It's very doubtfull that you will survive more than 1-2 shots but as long as you are fighting a creature that only incapacitates you this isn't a problem. Lie there on the ground while it bleeds to death. Idealy it will bleed to death first before you get back up. (NOTE: I recommend finding creatures that don't group aggro such as Piket Females or solo creatures such as Thune. If you have trouble finding these then you can hunt huurton by firing the bleed and then rushing at your target (before it's friends can get to you). Huurton are weak enough that you should be able to survive and get in the needed one hit on your bleeding target.)

If you are lucky, you may be able to get bleeds off on a few targets at once before you are incapacitated. Just make sure that you hit each of them one time with your vibro Knuckles. (NOTE: due to 3 incapacitations causing you a death, I recommend that you fight as close as possible to an outpost which you are cloned in as you will be making frequent trips back and foreth.)

Master Brawler:
At this point the character is starting to fill out a little bit, especially with it's ability to buff up to 5000 HAM. You now have the choice of leveling by tanking or leveling by bleeding some more. Since you are going to have to suffer through the low damage hits of novice skills some more I recommend the bleeding option at first. But it can be a nice change of pace to go out tanking. Once you have master brawler I recommend you do the image design thing mentioned above to max out your apprentice xp since you won't have the skill points available to train entertainer when you get up to master swordsman.

Also, at this point, you may find yourself untraining skills. If you have mastered rifleman already you don't need creature handler anymore and master medic will still come in very handy. If you are attached to your pet graul you can untrain medic first, depending on your play style.

Master Swordsman:
This is the final profession to train and also where the class really starts to become fun. Once you get swordsman up novice you will be able to use a powerhammer with it's massive damage. The best bet for leveling swordsman is to do a Mind Shot 2 and Mind Shot 1 from afar with your rifle. When the creature gets to 20m pull out your power hammer (speed sliced) and warcry2, intimidate2 and lunge2. Follow these attacks with Mind Hit 1 and Mind Hit 2 (if you have them). This will give the creature low damage, a nice 20 second delay, and you a bonus to hit with your power hammer (notorious for low accuracy). Then switch to your two handed sword and start spamming Head Hit 1, 2, or 3 (highest you have).

Once you get to the higher levels you can switch to your damage sliced power hammer and also use that exclusively instead of going back to your two-handed sword. By the time you get to master swordsman you should have a good grasp on fighting techniques with your sword/rifle as well as when and where to use warcry, intimidate and lunge.

PvP:
=========
Now that you have your uber character, what are you to do? SWG doesn't have much content really... Dark Jedi stopped dropping uber loot... You can buy anything you need from players...

This leaves PvP and the Galactic Civil War (GCW). I suggest not worrying too much about fairness or any of that and just go romping through enemy towns. Everyone and their brother will swear and curse at you for stacking 4 mind bleeds on them. Many of them will accuse you of cheating because they don't understand how Warcry2 works. And even more will say you got lucky because they didn't notice your intimidate 2. But the majority of them will /report you for cheating because you have 5k HAM.

Ignore them all and kill them again.

What I suggest doing is starting out on the edge of an enemy town with your damage sliced T21 in hands and approach the city. As soon as you see a red dot run towards it. When you are within 64 meters drop to a knee (or prone) and fire off a couple of bleeds. If the target runs away just follow them until their bleeds KO them and then use sniper shot to DB. If they fire back stay prone and mind shot to your hearts content. If they rush you with melee (you look like an easy target there on the ground) pull out your Power Hammer and slap a warcry/intimidate/lunge on them followed by a couple more bleeds. If they are TKA I suggest switching to some ubese armor (which you should have hotkeyed) and then laugh at them when they dizzy/KD you and find themselves only doing 30 damage / second while your bleeds are doing 2000 - 3000 / 20 seconds.

Your other option for rushing melees is to just stand up and run away. This will annoying them to no end and you can expect to be spammed with profanity since your bleeds are just ticking away at their mind (no heal).

Just remember, everyone will accuse you of cheating, exploiting, playing unfair, etc. But you are not doing anything unfair, they just don't understand how the game works or how to use the features given to them. If you can, try to avoid getting ganged up on 2v1 (or 5v1). You may be able to take some down with you depending on what their professions are and how smart they play but it's generaly going to be a lost fight. Your best bet is to try to kite bleed some of them down before truely engaging in combat. Once they are low on mind you have the advantage.

One thing you will probably want to do is stock up on Ryshcate and Breath of Heaven. If you eat two Ryshcates and one Breath of Heaven you should take no HAM damage when you do special attacks, allowing you to spam them without abandon. Also be sure to keep your power boost active and keep track of it's duration(1 minute buff time and 1 minute debuff time will leave you with 8 minutes out of every 10 which you should be buffed).

My favorite place to raid as an Imperial is Coronet. If you go in to town from the back side (not the starport) you can catch a few rebels in the cantina and hospital. Then head to the two rebel mission terminals and look for people that have a temporary enemy flag (TEF) from doing destroy missions (use tab to cycle targets since they show up as a blue dot on radar). These guys are the easiest because most of them won't know that they have a TEF. When you die hit the cantina to get mental buffs and find a doctor to do the rest. Then get a roundtrip ticket to bela vistal to go overt and repeat the whole process.

There you are, hope this is good enough

Posted: December 1st, 2004, 4:21 am

tault_kash
tault_kash's Reps:
erm, erase the above XD wrong thing..

Posted: December 1st, 2004, 9:20 am

tault_tommot
tault_tommot's Reps:
Sorry, but this has been copied and pasted from another website. If you want premium membership please write your own guide, or find an exploit of your own.

Posted: December 1st, 2004, 10:04 am

tault_kash
tault_kash's Reps:
yes, I said it wasnt what i wanted to do, it dosen't work really anyway, i put my own up, please check that one.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online