taultunleashed logoRelease date announced. : SWTOR Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

Release date announced. : SWTOR Discussions

Posted: September 24th, 2011, 12:39 pm

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
BioWare and LucasArts are pleased to announce that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will launch on December 20, 2011 in North America and on December 22, 2011 in the European Launch Territories! The announcement was first made by BioWare co-founders Dr. Ray Muzyka and Dr. Greg Zeschuk during their keynote address at the 2011 Eurogamer Expo in London, England. Speaking to a packed room of press and fans alike, Dr. Muzyka acknowledged the weight of the moment and the patience of the fans.

“This is an incredible moment for everyone at BioWare and our partners at LucasArts who have dedicated their lives to build this extraordinary game. We appreciate the patience from the millions of fans who have been waiting for the game’s release.”
Each copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic will come with 30 days of subscription time, after which you have the option to continue playing with one of the following monthly subscription fees:

1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (£8.99/€12.99)
3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month (one-time charge of $41.97/£25.17/€35.97)
6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month (one-time charge of $77.94/£46.14/€65.94)
Those who have pre-ordered the game and entered their pre-order code on StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com are eligible for Early Game Access. If you haven’t yet reserved your copy of the game, be sure to visit our Pre-Order page and secure your place in the Old Republic now!

We want to thank you for your continued passion, dedication and support. Though one part of this incredible journey is coming to an end, we are confident that you all share our excitement for this new beginning. Be sure to check back to StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com as well as our Twitter and Facebook pages for all the latest news and updates on Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Posted: September 24th, 2011, 12:40 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I've waited since this game was a rumor, and I can't believe it finally has a release date.

What a Christmas it will be!

Posted: September 27th, 2011, 11:27 am

cadric

Total Posts: 5
cadric's Reps: 0
premium
you have to admit it was a pretty weak way to drop the bomb: http://youtu.be/hWECvz3Z2ao

oh.. btw. game is comming out late december... meh!

Posted: September 27th, 2011, 2:54 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
cadric (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
you have to admit it was a pretty weak way to drop the bomb: http://youtu.be/hWECvz3Z2ao

oh.. btw. game is comming out late december... meh!

I didn't mind the way they announced it. I was taken by surprise though.

Yup! Just in time for my vacation.

Posted: September 28th, 2011, 1:39 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
I think they should give everyone beta access who pre orders the game which i find rather annoying. The whole early access is normally a weekend or a week tops.

Posted: September 29th, 2011, 3:00 am

cuervogold

Total Posts: 1088
cuervogold's Reps: 727
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Looks like there is a new round of beta invites going out.

Posted: September 29th, 2011, 9:05 am

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I think they should give everyone beta access who pre orders the game which i find rather annoying. The whole early access is normally a weekend or a week tops.

If that was the case, every body and their mother would be in beta. lol

Posted: October 1st, 2011, 4:21 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
True but they should of done something along the lines of the first 10k pre orders get into the beta. That would be best IMO. The whole 1 day early access doesnt seem like a good enough perk for pre ordering. Guess im just jaded about it ha.

Posted: October 4th, 2011, 12:27 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
True but they should of done something along the lines of the first 10k pre orders get into the beta. That would be best IMO. The whole 1 day early access doesnt seem like a good enough perk for pre ordering. Guess im just jaded about it ha.

The early access depends on when you pre ordered. If you pre ordered when they were first announced them, you'll probably get 3+ days of early access. But if you pre order now, you're probably looking at 1 day.

They were very clear that its "First come, first served." So that's why I pre ordered a hour after they were announced. lol

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online