blue large dot

Worst Release Date In History? : Tera Discussions

Posted: April 26th, 2012, 11:48 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Just curious if anyone else is going to agree with me on this one. You have diablo 3 less than two weeks away, and then right after that guild wars 2. Im not saying this a bad game or they are stupid, its just the overall luck they are having with this release date is going to kill them. They can only pray enough new people join on the games bandwagon before the other major summer games come.

I know d3 is a different style of game than TERA too, but im sure a large majority of people play both.

Also the lack of reviews is odd, half the reviews and people i talk to love this game going off how its the best MMO to date. The other half feels its just lineage 2 but worse.

Posted: April 28th, 2012, 5:01 pm

Spitt

Total Posts: 745
Spitt's Reps: 718
premium
yah, 3 new paid releases is gonna kill, but peeps who leave WoW for D3 are gonna get burnt out quick, with repetativeness. Tera isn't bad, but reminds me of Archlord+Darkfall. GW2 no release date has been set, so figure 2-3 months if they want to get a better position on release.

Posted: April 29th, 2012, 1:46 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
GW2 I thought was june 15th

Posted: April 30th, 2012, 2:27 am

Spitt

premium
According to GW2's facebook stream, there is no set date. Even Amazon doesnt have a release date. Said something about not setting a release date, till it's ready. Tera/D3 are the only ones which are going to be competing, but Tera hasn't had that much Hype behind it thus far, so I'm not figuring on much of a release phenomena however I bet some people are gonna be pissed with the game early on, if they comes from any of the other major games in play right now.

Posted: April 30th, 2012, 4:13 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Yea you are right, i could of sworn i read it was coming out in June.

Yea TERA might get hit from the lack of advertising here which im not sure why. Its a great game, the biggest 3 problems will be a lack of anti cheat, the release date, and the lack of advertising. Oh well guess we will see. I personally have no interest in TERA despite it looking great. I think its one of those games to play after i get bored of d3 and want something to tie me over.

Posted: April 30th, 2012, 6:51 pm

Spitt

premium
Well, D3 shouldn't take too long to get bored of, lol. You have to run a lot of the same missions over and over, just to level up. I suppose if you are used to running PvE raids then you will be immune to the boredom... but thats why I usually do PvP when I can, to get over alot of the same old same old boredom of repeated content.

I will try Tera, always good to understand the games, especially if you provide services for them. Playing them gets more experience and comprehension, over reading about them.

Posted: April 30th, 2012, 9:02 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Diablo 3 is 50/50 for me. It may be awesome if they do it right. Getting my freaking armor took forever for some of those damn runes. So many painful baal runs. Then trying to do a uber runs takes even longer. Those are pretty fun. So if they have truely awesome end game content im sure it will be fun. Also the games special difficulty level sounds fun. I like really hard games personally though.

Yea im going to play TERA for sure just to check it out but dont see myself being able to get into it until after D3.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online