taultunleashed logoIs ESO Ready for Release? : TESO Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

Is ESO Ready for Release? : TESO Discussions

Posted: March 26th, 2014, 10:04 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Posted by Massively: http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/26 ... e-to-laun/

Right now is the calm before the Elder Scrolls Online storm, the holding of one's breath before it can be released next week. I won't be playing it but I'm happy for those of you who will, since a major new MMO release is always a cause for celebration and energizes the larger community.

However, I have one question today that I'd like to put out to those of you who were in the beta test, either extensively or during one of the weekends: Is ESO in a good shape to launch? Did it get adequate testing? Are the bugs fixed or is it an insect-lover's paradise in there? Is it being pushed out the door firmly but prematurely due to a fixed date or is it sailing gracefully on its own steam with no major reservations? Do you take the devs' words that launch will be a polished, lag-free experience?

What are your thoughts?

Posted: March 29th, 2014, 5:02 am

nimblefingers

Total Posts: 17
nimblefingers's Reps: 5
premium
"launch will be a polished, lag-free experience" HAH, I think I would die of shock if an mmo launched that had no issues although in saying that I would probably also be a little worried if the developers/marketing crew didn't say everything was perfect.

I am certainly not expecting a smooth and trouble free time come launch, HOWEVER, the developers do seem to be on top of actually working towards fixing things rather than "it will be addressed in a future patch".

The flip side of this is they seem to have a tendency to change the direction several functions of the game are taking based on "response from the user base". Whilst this sounds all well and good which would you prefer, a clear direction in where a function is headed or never knowing what to expect (or what addons will work) each time you login.

So in summary I think ESO is in good shape to launch if they stop messing with it too much and focus on big ticket issues.

Posted: April 2nd, 2014, 12:24 am

nimblefingers

Total Posts: 17
nimblefingers's Reps: 5
premium
To further my last post now that we have hit the early access period:

I am delighted to see a lot of the major issues addressed or well into being addressed, however in reading their current idea of a maintenance schedule it is something they will need to change VERY quickly if they want any subscribers.

The current schedule sits at Wednesdays and Saturdays 8am with an estimated timeframe of "we expect no more than a few hours"
They did mention that they may not need to use the window every week but seriously, everyone moans (but puts up with) one maintenance a week for a lot of MMOS, several hours twice a week will put a lot of people off (seeing as for someone in say Australia the servers will go down a little after people get home from school/work.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online