taultunleashed logo[Ebonheart-Deshaan] Vision quest, leveling from 18-27 easy : TESO Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

[Ebonheart-Deshaan] Vision quest, leveling from 18-27 easy : TESO Discussions

Posted: April 28th, 2014, 1:26 am

tault_nutter

Total Posts: 65
tault_nutter's Reps: 13
premium
this is a copy paste from the ownedcore forums. All the credit should go to the original poster.

I have now personally tested this and it works like a charm. you get a ton of materials and nice xp.
some of the mobs are stacked per 3 so make sure you can handle them or stick to solo mobs.

Your gear will get hit ... a lot. Don't repair and just stick with it.

<copy/paste>

The "Vision Quest" in Deshaan asks the player to kill some mobs to gather items needed. You are given a wand that has the ability to blow up scamps and turn them into dead chickens, which the player can use to their advantage.

Once you kill enough scamps, the wand still functions {Gives option to press E when in range of scamps) because you are required to kill shadow creatures as well.

So just refrain from killing them (the shadow creatures) and the wand will continue to function and will blow up targeted scamps.

By running around the instanced quest area, the player can keep killing scamps for xp and loot. I was able to do this until lvl 27 before the mobs stopped giving experience.
I collected multiple armor sets, runes, crafting items, etc from grinding this area until it stopped giving xp at 27.

Try it for yourself and see how it works.

ps: I remember getting this quest around 18, but you might be able to get it earlier and since the wand kills the scamps in one hit, it wont matter if you have trouble hitting them with normal attacks.

Posted: May 3rd, 2014, 6:15 pm

sunwolf

Total Posts: 26
sunwolf's Reps: 6
premium
Hmmmm... I'm doing some testing on this and I'm not so sure it's viable at all. When I kill a scamp with the wand I'm getting 97 exp. I'm currently lvl 20 and it's going to take a total of 24400 exp just to get to lvl 21. that means I have to kill 252 scamps to go from lvl 20 to 21. Yes it kills them without having to use attacks; however, I timed it a few times and the wand has a 5 second cooldown. So using just the wand you're talking about 5*252= 1260sec/60= 21 min. and that's assuming that you can kill one every single time the wand is up, which you can't, I'm trying to as I write this and there are times where I go a good 20-30 sec without seeing a scamp since there are many other players around killing them. I'm also pulling every mob and its mother since there are an abundance of other mobs here.

Alright so, 15 min of killing imps as fast as I possibly could with the wand got me bout 6000 exp. which translates to roughly an hour from lvl 20-21. Now, I don't have the numbers for exp from 21-27 but we know it will only go up. In reality I was leveling faster questing with zygors guide (which is on these forums, and is fantastic) and killing everything in sight.

The loot is pretty good, but to do this just for the loot seems silly, there will be much better looting opportunities later on, and your pack will fill quickly, yay time to go make 600 gold on loot then spend 700 on your repair bill. Maybe you don't repair and you do it 5 times. so now you've made 2300 in profit in probably 2 hours, considering I imagine you have to abandon the quest just to get back to this zone after you go sell everything

TL;DR This is a cool little gimmick I suppose, but it is by no means any kind of "leveling exploit" especially because in all honesty, I can kill the groups of three scamps just as fast as I can kill the single scamps running around if I DON'T use the wand.

Posted: May 6th, 2014, 10:27 am

tault_nutter

Total Posts: 65
tault_nutter's Reps: 13
premium
I did this until 27 and no I did not repair.
You can just continue with the quest after selling, no need to abandon, restart.

loot wise this was pretty great for the level to be honest. Got quite a few crafter levels from it.

questing is def. a fast way to level, but some people prefer to safely grind... this is for those people.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online