taultunleashed logoCant see mouse cursor when I try to record a Macro - 3rd try : General & Trouble Shooting - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 19 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

Cant see mouse cursor when I try to record a Macro - 3rd try : General & Trouble Shooting - Page 2

Posted: February 11th, 2006, 5:37 am

aielrond
aielrond's Reps:
Wyvern,

Just as an experiement to try and resolve the problem I ran the standalone client included in XUnleashed, no game, just the client on my desktop. When I went to record a Macro, same result, mouse disappears until you stop recording then it returns.

Next I borrowed a friends FFXI account, same result, no mouse when recording.

THis tells me its related to my computer outside of the game. Do you have any ideas I can check to see if we can get it working?

Aiel

Posted: February 11th, 2006, 7:53 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Hmm.. do you have a non standard mouse?

It could be something as simple as a mouse driver.

Hmm.. This is just a new one on me. I've never heard of it happening to all games. Every once in a while I hear of it happening, but the red dot will move in those games that it happens in.

Being that it effects your FFXI too, yes it sounds like it is limited to your computer.

It could also be something like a windows mouse setting for your driver. Go into your mouse control panel in windows and turn off things like mouse trailers, etc.

Posted: February 11th, 2006, 9:58 am

aielrond
aielrond's Reps:
I have a wireless intellimouse explorer 2.0 with the latest drivers direct from Uncle Bill at Microsoft.

Let me try turning off the trailers, etc. as you suggested and see what happens.

I will let you know.

Aiel

Posted: February 11th, 2006, 1:36 pm

aielrond
aielrond's Reps:
Wyvern Update:

Its the Wireless Intellimouse from Microsoft. When I connect a regular Micrsoft USB Optical mouse it works like a champ.

If this ever comes up again point them to this thread! :) A Microsoft wireless mouse definately seems to make a difference.

Thanks Wyvern!

Aiel

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online