taultunleashed logocant use client - my prob or urs? : General & Trouble Shooting
newtopic  postreply
 [ 18 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

cant use client - my prob or urs? : General & Trouble Shooting

Posted: December 8th, 2006, 9:05 am

benboe
benboe's Reps:
hey there,

all day today i could neither log into this site nor use the client. Site seems back up, client stil refuses to work :( ....

My problem or a prob on ur side? I am just curious, for i changed my network settings around some :) ...

Posted: December 8th, 2006, 9:47 am

benboe
benboe's Reps:
small update:

I was using this prog for about 1 week now, no problems ever. Even today it worked - then it just stoipped :( ....

all I am getting is Error 12002 - and then I start xunleashed, and click Play, all I am getting is: May be down,... blahblah.

So, any ideas? I am prety lost here. tried to uninstall all Antivir / Firewall things, checked for Virii,... Northing seems to work

Posted: December 8th, 2006, 10:06 am

monk37887
monk37887's Reps:
What's up folks, X client WILL NOT CONNECT. Anybody alive?!

Posted: December 8th, 2006, 10:11 am

mikesevercrack
mikesevercrack's Reps:
I'm getting the same error. Sometime late last night it shut off saying:

12/08/06 03:02:30 AM XUnleashed Client: Connecting to XUnleashed...
12/08/06 03:02:51 AM XUnleashed Client: XUnleashed servers appear to be down...
12/08/06 03:02:51 AM XUnleashed Client: ERROR: Unknown protocol used.
(I copied that from the XUnleashedLog.txt)

At that time the web site was down. The web site is back up but when I start up XUnleashed I get the following errors:
"An error occurred connecting to the server, Error:12002"
Then:
"There was an error while updating. The system may become unstable due to incomplete updates"

Posted: December 8th, 2006, 10:28 am

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
whenever the site is taken down the client also dies.

Posted: December 8th, 2006, 11:18 am

benboe
benboe's Reps:
ok, so it is not my problem.

Any ETA as of when the prog will work again? pretty pls?

Posted: December 8th, 2006, 11:25 am

lilfisher

asking TA whats up on this (sorry for the late replys, working)

Posted: December 8th, 2006, 11:32 am

benboe
benboe's Reps:
Hey, no worries on the rplys :) ... as long as ur Customer service is faster then Sonys I am happy :)

Posted: December 8th, 2006, 11:36 am

lilfisher

problem is being worked on currently, hopefully wont be too long before its fixed

Posted: December 8th, 2006, 1:33 pm

tankjr
tankjr's Reps:
I've been trying to connect to XU for 12 hours off and on. Each time I try I get an "Error Derected" dialog box, telling me "An error occurred connecting to the server, Error:12002. As XU isn't integral to playing my game I haven't put a huge importance on this issue, but 12 hours seems a little excessive to me.

I hope everything is going well server side and I get to use XU again soon.

Posted: December 8th, 2006, 1:46 pm

lilfisher

dos attacks can last a while sadly

Posted: December 8th, 2006, 3:27 pm

shadowfax07
shadowfax07's Reps:
Hello Tault Admins,

I understand this may not be a popular post, but I feel that it is time for me to voice my opinion (at least for my own sanity).

I have seen several instances now where the XUnleashed site has gone down and it has kept your users from being able to access a client that they have paid for. I have yet to see any explanation as to why a connection to the XUnleashed servers is required. If this connection is required and there is any expectation of maintaining a customer satisfaction rating, then here are a few concepts that should be implemented. These concepts are common to thousands of coorporations that maintain on-line subscribers.

1. Disaster Recovery for business continuity -- VERY basic concept for on-line business. If one site goes down, it should not make a product completely unusable. regardless of whether the product it is complementing (ie. WoW, EQ2, etc) requires it to function.

2. Workarounds and/or a Solution to allow the XUnleashed client and Exhume client to run when the Tault Servers are unavailable. Or at least explain to your customers why this connection is required? Are you gathering information from our client? Are you recording what is done with the client?

3. Load Balancing. If there is only 1 Tault site, then there is one major flaw in your application design. One point of failure. One giant target for anyone who wants to do your application damage. Maybe a production and backup site should be considered?

Tault Unleashed doesnt support EQ2,, WoW, etc, but they are expected to support their client and strive for 100% customer satisfaction and uptime/availability. At the very least, a banner article on the Tault website or an update to the network status forumn letting customers know there is a problem. In this case, I am having to read through the most recent posts to find someone who has the same problem I do and find out that there is a global outage/problem.

Are there plans from Tault Unleashed to reimburse its players for the time that is being lost while you all figure out what is wrong? Does Tault view the playing time (sometimes very little) that their customers have as unimportant?

I am not really aware of what the business structure for Tault Unleashed is and I really dont care to. I am more interested in a client that works without hours of down time, little to no support information and the feeling that my use of the product is by the grace of whomever supports the Tault Unleashed server.

Can you please update the network status post with an ETA, explanation and maybe a short explanation of what is wrong?

Thank you,

shadowfax07

Posted: December 8th, 2006, 3:54 pm

lilfisher

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
1. Disaster Recovery for business continuity -- VERY basic concept for on-line business. If one site goes down, it should not make a product completely unusable. regardless of whether the product it is complementing (ie. WoW, EQ2, etc) requires it to function.
it is done this way to make sure that people do not share their account with other people. as long as there is a constant internet connection and the server is up you can use the client on one computer, once someone else signs on with the same acc name it will not let them as it is allready in use. allowing offline usage would allow and promote account sharing.

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
2. Workarounds and/or a Solution to allow the XUnleashed client and Exhume client to run when the Tault Servers are unavailable. Or at least explain to your customers why this connection is required? Are you gathering information from our client? Are you recording what is done with the client?
said above, needed to ensure no account sharing is being done. in certain games we allow the option of the client to harvest information such as items you have seen, monsters you have fought, zones you have entered as to create a database of everything. it does not record your personal information just in game information off certain locs. as i said also certain games, only one i know that was testing this one was ffxi.

3. Load Balancing. If there is only 1 Tault site, then there is one major flaw in your application design. One point of failure. One giant target for anyone who wants to do your application damage. Maybe a production and backup site should be considered?
i am not informed much about how many servers we have, location, etc so i can not give details on this

Tault Unleashed doesnt support EQ2,, WoW, etc, but they are expected to support their client and strive for 100% customer satisfaction and uptime/availability. At the very least, a banner article on the Tault website or an update to the network status forumn letting customers know there is a problem. In this case, I am having to read through the most recent posts to find someone who has the same problem I do and find out that there is a global outage/problem.
yes we should have a banner up or a announcement saying the server status but i would say that its up to an admin to give post that up/give an eta until it is up. (nope im not an admin)

Are there plans from Tault Unleashed to reimburse its players for the time that is being lost while you all figure out what is wrong? Does Tault view the playing time (sometimes very little) that their customers have as unimportant?
do you really want a reimbursement? hell ill send you the cash if you really want, thats 0.68 USD per day (24.99/365)

Can you please update the network status post with an ETA, explanation and maybe a short explanation of what is wrong?

server status is: down.
eta: unknown by this moderator
what is wrong: dos in progress last i heard a few hours ago

Posted: December 9th, 2006, 2:30 am

benboe
benboe's Reps:
I know, i am anxious - but any updates as of yet? The service is down 24h now roughly, and I had hoped to get to do some harvesting the weekend :) ....

Posted: December 9th, 2006, 2:34 am

lilfisher

sorry i havnt heard much of anything but then again after i finished my work i tried to stay off the internet as much as i am getting pretty sick currently. the getting sick isnt the bad part, its the sickness provoking my asthma so i may or may not be on much to update this. ill try to get updates whenever i can and post it up until this is fixed.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online