newtopic  postreply
 [ 14 posts ] 
blue large dot

lifetime account problem : General & Trouble Shooting

Posted: June 27th, 2009, 9:37 pm

gepettoh

Total Posts: 16
gepettoh's Reps: 0
I purchased a lifetime membership about 8 years ago for Xunleashed. I had some problems logging in to the premium area about 4 yrs ago. After PMing admin he was able to get it working.

I am trying to activate an account on mmoviper now and it does not recognize me as a member. I followed the steps in the FAQ about how to activate there but it thinks i am not a member here.

I tried to PM admin but I don't think they are getting through. There is nothing in my sentbox except some stuff from 2008.

Thanks!

Also I have my Xunleashed email but not the receipt. Its the one that contains my Xunleashed key.

Last edited by gepettoh on June 28th, 2009, 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: June 28th, 2009, 3:47 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Send me a quick pm and we can fix it asap :)

Posted: June 28th, 2009, 5:02 pm

gepettoh

Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Send me a quick pm and we can fix it asap :)

I think my PMs are broken. I tried sending you a few but the last one to show up in my sentbox is from Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:11 pm

If you could email me at the hotmail account tied to this account maybe we could get in touch that way.

Posted: June 29th, 2009, 2:49 pm

gepettoh

This is pretty bizarre. I made a new account to send the admin a PM. Again I am not getting anything in the sentbox. I am on a different computer too so I don't think the problem is on my side. Is there some kind of 5 day delay before the show up?

Posted: June 30th, 2009, 10:29 pm

altaholic

Total Posts: 66
altaholic's Reps: 17
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I have a similar problem, though my lifetime access was from donating beta keys.

I'm not getting any responses from admin - has he gone camping or something?

Posted: June 30th, 2009, 11:19 pm

hokuto78

Total Posts: 421
hokuto78's Reps: 441
premium
Keep in mind the admin is usually backlogged with PM's at least a week. So just wait, or make another post and he'll get to you eventually.

Posted: July 1st, 2009, 1:58 pm

gepettoh

I would PM him but for some reason can't PM :cry: Someone send me a PM to test it out please?

Posted: July 2nd, 2009, 6:37 am

gepettoh

A PM from Monday just showed up in my sentbox. It is now Thursday so it looks like a 3-4 day delay on admin getting PM.

Posted: July 2nd, 2009, 6:27 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
It doesnt always show if i read messages since im the admin :). Dont worry its being looked into.

Posted: July 3rd, 2009, 6:38 am

gepettoh

Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
It doesnt always show if i read messages since im the admin :). Dont worry its being looked into.

Ok great. Please let me know if there is any other info that I can provide you with.

Posted: July 3rd, 2009, 11:58 pm

altaholic

Total Posts: 66
altaholic's Reps: 17
Active User > 50 Posts
premium

Mine too?

Posted: July 4th, 2009, 4:54 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Sorry it took awhile gepettoh but i was talking with the original devloper of XU and he said that they never gave away any lifetime accounts. altaholic i sent ya a message check it out :)

Posted: July 8th, 2009, 10:17 am

gepettoh

Sorry it took awhile gepettoh but i was talking with the original devloper of XU and he said that they never gave away any lifetime accounts. altaholic i sent ya a message check it out :)

I agree that they never "gave away"any lifetime memberships. I bought my lifetime membership.

Lets go over the facts again. Mythic released the Shrouded Isles expansion in November of 2002. I purchased my lifetime membership before S.I. was released. That means I had my account for about 8 years.

In 2008, I had trouble getting into the premium area of the website. This was after Xunleashed and Tault merged. I PMd both Wyvern and Tault_admin. I was asked "Do you have a lifetime membership?" Why would I be asked this if they supposedly do not exist? I answered "Yes" and I had my premium reinstated.

Why would my account stop working at this time? Is it because I bought a 6 year membership that just ran out? I am pretty sure Xunleashed offered only a few different levels of access and a 6 year was not one of them.

Lots of independent developers will offer you their unfinished product when they are in development for a lower price. They need money, and their product is not yet finished. You in turn get copy of what they are working on and they get money to survive while they work to complete their project.

An example of this would be the game Mount & Blade. I bought this game for $4.95 about 5 years ago. They finally finished it (I think) and now they are charging like $20 for a copy. The reason they let me have it for so cheap was it was still in development and they needed funds to complete their project.

This is the exact same case with Xunleashed.

Xunleashed was not affiliated with Tault at this time. It was just Wyvern doing all the coding and running the Xunleashed site. I am pretty sure when you guys merged a whole mess of accounts got screwed up. I remember how chaotic the forums were at that time.

Give me back my lifetime membership that I bought please.

Posted: July 10th, 2009, 12:21 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
We gave out lifetimes for the past year but we stopped. As for xunleashed who is still working behind the scenes he said that he never did lifetimes for accounts so im sorry if you feel mad about this but you can always email admin@xunleashed.com if you want but from my end there is no lifetime. As well the account problem was taken care of in a few days and there hasnt been any other problems like that.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online