taultunleashed logoXUnleashed Client Failing to Patch... : General & Trouble Shooting
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

XUnleashed Client Failing to Patch... : General & Trouble Shooting

Posted: September 7th, 2005, 8:17 am

a_richard
a_richard's Reps:
Hey guys,

Let me first say that I have used the XUnleashed client before, and it's a great proggy. While I am not infallable, I am familiar with how to set it up. Therefore, please don't automatically disregard this and point me to the Noob's Link or whatever. (Unless it answers my question, then by all means point away!! :twisted:)

Ok, so on to my issue. I downloaded XUnleashed client. Ran it in a folder on my desktop. It downloaded all that crap. I registered it under my account (which doesn't expire until the end of spring next year). That worked fine. Set it up to use FFXI's exe. I downloaded the newest FFXI fishing bot (which is what I use this for). Extracted it into the scripts folder. All good thus far. 8)

Then, I run the XU client to get into FFXI and I get this message @ the main text box:

-------------------------------------
Click Play to begin...
Authenticating User...
16-Apr-2006
Updating 3rd Party Plugins and
Services...
Failed to load a plugin/service...
Patching incomplete...
Connecting to XUnleashed...
Authenticating User...
Connected...
Launching...

-------------------------------------

It WILL load FFXI, but, the XU stuff does not show up on the screen. When I used to use this proggy before, it would always autopatch. As you can see, it's not doing it now. My next idea was to physically go to the "Plugins" tab and manually force update the services. No go there either. I get the message:

"There was an error while updating. The system may become unstable due to incomplete updates."

WTF? :x LOL, It was so simple and easy last time I installed it... I really don't know whats up. I have tried to completely erase XU and download/install it again, with the exact same results.

Any direction would be appreciated. I hope this made sense and many thanks in advance.

Posted: September 8th, 2005, 9:54 am

a_richard
a_richard's Reps:
I discovered that the FFXIService file was not patching like it is supposed to. So, I deleted it and attempted to reinstall that component.

It took me forever to find the actual file link for FFXIService. Guys, I understand you are in the midst of merging 2 websites, but for crying out loud...this site is a garbled mess... It's nearly impossible to find anything due to broken links, incorrect links, etc. But, that's your problem.

My problem is that, after much difficultly, I managed to find Wyvernx's FFXIService and install it myself. It seems to patch correctly if reinstalled. Now, none of the XUnleashed GUIs will show up in game.

Everything is patched and installed correctly, but the GUI still won't show up inside FFXI itself. Any ideas?

Posted: September 8th, 2005, 4:04 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
msg sent to a tech guy so you should get a response on this post.

Posted: September 8th, 2005, 6:01 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
1. Check ALL your plugins on the plugins tab. Make sure they ALL have version numbers.

If it doesnt drag it to the uninstall line.

2. Reboot computer.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online