taultunleashed logoMage PvP Survival Guide : UO Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Mage PvP Survival Guide : UO Submissions

Posted: August 29th, 2007, 6:15 am

chris_jcz
chris_jcz's Reps:
Over my years of playing UO I have known what it is like to be a hated red mage and bet constantly ganked by the blue hordes; but what, I hear you asking, can I do to survive without using gimped templates, ep, uoam-panic ...etc

!THE ARE NO EXPLOITS HERE!

Here is what you need!

2x Ethy's (1 extra incase your first one's stamina runs out and now thanks to new pubs your other will restore its stam while in your pack! thanks OSI!)

2x Bonded swampies in the stables

2x Pet summoning balls

LOTS and LOTS of potions (I carry around 30 of each all the time! Restocking is easy now that pots are stackable!)

------

The main way to be destroyed in fell is the dreaded dismount. Dismount sucks and when it happens most people just give up or run casting small heal; this is a HUGE mistake! Doing this guarantees a swift and certain death..

-As soon as you are dismounted cast protection; now you cant be disrupted by the hordes of disrupting blue gankers. However, a good mage will notice this and start to spam poison - this is not a problem. Cast greater heal and JUST before you get the curser (baring in mind this will take a little longer in prot) drink a cure potion. Then you will get the target just after your cure and hey presto a guaranteed full g heal without a chance of failure.
Do this 3 times and the chances are you can remount again.

-Now, hit your first pet summoning ball for your ride out of there. It is a must that you record 3 seperate macros of you mounting(1) and remounting both pets (with different buttons for each). Using UOassist to mount/dismount is AWSOME. So, by now you should be MILES away from the blue trammel idiots! :D

-Prot is also useful in many other situations. How annoying is it when the nooby no-skill necromage uses strangle? Well, how annoying is it for him when you just go into prot and heal up? How about bleed or dp dexers? If you use prot there how can he possibly kill you?
!WARNING! DO NOT USE PROT IF YOU HAVE NO POTIONS!! THIS IS A CERTAIN DEATH SENTENCE!!
What if you are being ganked by 2 dexers? Go into prot and summon a daemon and set him on one of them.. DONT FORGET TO CURSE THE ONE ITS ATTACKING or it will do naff-all damage :P

-So you dont want to be dismounted atall? OK! thats fine. When you see a bola being thrown or a dismount archer coming in for the attack, simply dismount. if the arrow or the bola hits you while you are dismounted what will it do? nothing and you are free to remount again! You can do this even if you are on an ethy, just dismount and call in your new pet. Also, if it is an archer that is dismounting you, run off screen and prep a disarm, then run back on screen and dismount as he is taking his first shot and disarm him from the floor; now your free to kill him! >: D WARNING! People who cannot understand your skills will call you for cheating at this point.

-So your being called for cheating? Well then now is a good time to start :/ Go to: http://www.cheatengine.org/download.php Download this program as it is the best speedhack you can get for any game. Install it, and when its open (aswell as your uo client) click on the small icon with a computer and a magnifying glass; select client.exe from the list (should be near the bottom) then tick the enable speedhack box. set the left field to 5 and the right field to 1 and click set speed. Now ur a running MANIAC! RARR!! :D

So the main survival techniques are;
-Potting before spell curser.
-Dismounting before you are dismounted.
-Using prot effectively.
-Using speedhack.

MORE WILL BE ADDED SOON! if anyone has any PvP related questions pm me and i will be happy to give answers!
if anyone would like to challenge my PvP abilities, duels will be accepted on Europa at any time :D

Posted: August 29th, 2007, 8:02 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: July 16th, 2008, 9:19 pm

rybread2

Total Posts: 7
rybread2's Reps: 1
/nay
this is simple its just saying be prepared and use all your options

Posted: January 16th, 2010, 8:28 pm

monsieursean

Total Posts: 15
monsieursean's Reps: 0
premium
/Yay all of this is not as obvious to the new red. A great deal of good info that just saves a lot of learning and pain.

Posted: July 7th, 2010, 9:22 am

trickghost

Total Posts: 19
trickghost's Reps: 0
Yay with a partial nay because this was a bit complicated

Posted: July 26th, 2010, 12:14 pm

tabbac

Total Posts: 29
tabbac's Reps: 0
nay to hard to do

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online