taultunleashed logoSpellweaving/Magery skill gain : UO Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

Spellweaving/Magery skill gain : UO Submissions

Posted: August 16th, 2006, 3:20 pm

quickslvr
quickslvr's Reps:
This is for training Spellweaving Word of Death and other targeted Magery/Arcane spells without disrupting your meditation and with or without being guilded, it doesn't matter. This requires UOAssist(which is what I used/tested with) or possibly some other macro’ing program to work.

I have only tested this with a standard horse bought from a stable but I assume it works with all non-ethereal mounts.

1. Buy a mount(I suggest a horse but you can try your own animals too).

2. Set up a UOAssist macro to cast a target based spell(I used Word of Death and tested with flame strike as well), target your self or a painting or anything at all it shouldn't matter, I targeted myself and waited for my life to regen between successful castings which I didn't have a success the entire time during setting up the macro for WOD, follow up your castings with a meditation at the end of your 4-5 casting attempts.

3. Dismount from your horse.

4. Have your mount guard you.

5. Using UOAssist reset the target to be your horse, don't forget to add 600-1000 pauses between a targeting and the next spell casting as well as between the final targeting and your activating meditation. Finally before the first casting in the macro make sure you add a Wait until Mana = <your>.

6. Remount your steed.

7. Run the macro. You will get gains but your horse and yourself will not take damage. The horse doesn't take damage as you cannot damage a mount while someone is ridding it. You get gains as you are targeting a valid target.

As I said I have tested this with flame strike and it allows casting and uses mana but as I am an Elder Mage I don't know if you can get gains from training regular Magery in this way. I have however GM'd and almost Eldered my Spellweaving using WOD on my mount in this manner while guilded. The problem with the unguilding method of having your mount gaurd you is that you can't use meditation to regen mana and if you are guilded you will kill your mount. Using this method both of the negatives go away from training Arcane/Magery skills in this maner

If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will try to answer them. Please send me account info as soon as you can as I would love to look through any other UO bugs you have. :)

Thanks,
Anonymous UO Player

Please try this and confirm it if it works for you!

Posted: August 16th, 2006, 3:47 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: July 26th, 2010, 9:57 am

tabbac

Total Posts: 29
tabbac's Reps: 0
Yay ive used this before it works great

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online