taultunleashed logoKeep riding your Qalia Wyvern anywhere : Vanguard Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Keep riding your Qalia Wyvern anywhere : Vanguard Submissions

Posted: July 18th, 2008, 7:13 pm

glass40

Total Posts: 63
glass40's Reps: 5
Active User > 50 Posts
I came accross this one by accident about a month ago. The Wyvern you get in Qalia that is only good in that one Grid by the landing can actually be used anywhere as long as it is summoned there. Here's what ya do:

1) Summon your wyvern anywhere in that grid that it was designed for.
2) Fill your inventory
3) Fly anywhere in Qalia, or use a riftway

As soon as you attack or do anything to lose the Wyvern, then you're hooped. You have to go back to Qalia and summon it again. When you fill up your inventory and go over a grid line or area that the Wyvern is not supposed to be able to go, the game is supposed to put the wyvern back into your backpack and kick you off. Because your inventory is full, the wyvern doesn't go back and you don't end up getting kicked off of it.

This is actually quite useful for doing certain quests that require alot of traveling from 1 NPC to another. Rather than renting a griffon or something to get you to your destination just for the 5 minute timer to run out, this will get you to your destination and back at least.

I haven't tried this since the latest patch, but I highly doubt they have fixed this one yet, if they even know about it=)

Posted: July 20th, 2008, 10:05 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this so we may give tu bucks and/or premium. If you nay the submission remember to include as to why.

Posted: November 8th, 2008, 12:02 pm

glass40

Active User > 50 Posts
Here's a video proving it can be done and how to do it.. Only 3 megs to download, if better quality is needed, just let me know.

To save some time, here's a description of what's going on:

I'm in Qalia where I can summon the wyvern, my inventory is full already. As a note, your inventory does not have to be full when you summon the wyvern, only when you are leaving the grid area/porting.
I go to tanvu, and I'm still on the mount. At this point, if I wanted, I could mess around with my inventory if I wanted. As soon as you are dismounted though, you cannot re-summon unless you go back to Qalia.

Edit: When viewing this video, you have to let it buffer 100% then hit play, it doesn't seem to like streaming as is.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: November 8th, 2008, 6:12 pm

beergeek

Total Posts: 434
beergeek's Reps: 21
premium
can anyone test this to confirm?

video is always helpful :)

Posted: November 9th, 2008, 2:00 am

glass40

Active User > 50 Posts
The video is me doing it to confirm it, done 2 days ago. I posted the exploit a few months back and nobody has ever aye or nay'd, and I read about the need for videos that give 1000 tubucks, so figured why not=). I guess if policy is policy, I certainly won't argue it, but I would assume a video is pretty good proof. I still have probably 7 months or so left on my premium, so I have time..Just hope they don't nerf it..lol

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online