taultunleashed logoBest PVP Class : Vanguard Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Best PVP Class : Vanguard Discussion

Posted: April 5th, 2007, 9:31 am

snizzle
snizzle's Reps:
What profession do you feel is best for pvp?

Posted: April 5th, 2007, 11:01 am

kumqwat420
kumqwat420's Reps:
it all depends. Paladin are pretty overpowered now, but that will get nerfed soon. Rangers get a silence which is tough on casters/healers (druids/sorcs had this to and are supposed to get it again). Clerics are damn near impossible to kill but dps is lacking. Shaman is hard to kill as well, but have better dps. Bards can insta-reinvis causing you to lose target everytime. Pets, necros in particular, cause massive lag and are untargetable.

TBH pvp has a lot of issues and since its on the back burner for sigil, I dont see that changing. The more I play the less I actually like the game.

so in essence, its hard to pick a best. Id say dont roll a disciple, monk, or warrior though.

Posted: April 5th, 2007, 11:40 am

logicbomb
logicbomb's Reps:
Ku is correct tons of bugs in PVP.. If you want to Gank people be a Soc, If you want to own people straight out in a 1 vs 1 fight be a Shaman. Over powered in PVP at this time.

Posted: April 5th, 2007, 12:47 pm

snizzle
snizzle's Reps:
kumqwat420 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
it all depends. Paladin are pretty overpowered now, but that will get nerfed soon. Rangers get a silence which is tough on casters/healers (druids/sorcs had this to and are supposed to get it again). Clerics are damn near impossible to kill but dps is lacking. Shaman is hard to kill as well, but have better dps. Bards can insta-reinvis causing you to lose target everytime. Pets, necros in particular, cause massive lag and are untargetable.
TBH pvp has a lot of issues and since its on the back burner for sigil, I dont see that changing. The more I play the less I actually like the game.

so in essence, its hard to pick a best. Id say dont roll a disciple, monk, or warrior though.

I can target necro's pets by targeting them + Ctrl. Is this a trick no one knows yet? Not REALLY an exploit...or is it?

Posted: April 5th, 2007, 7:12 pm

macro112
macro112's Reps:
pets are supposed to go to defensive target by default, so ctrl click is normal and not an exploit.

As for sorcs being good, I dunno. a 23 sorc attacked me (22 warrior ) while i was at broker with my whole screen covered, i turned around, hit it with the 4 sec stun, turned on my auto crit, hit with an attack, crit my first chain, hit my second chain, and 1 more attack(if i even needed that one, i couldn't tell) killed it. It didn't even have a chance to cast a spell after it got out of stun.

Posted: April 6th, 2007, 5:42 am

kumqwat420
kumqwat420's Reps:
well that sorc was an idiot macro112. all he had to do was take you out from range and youd have never stood a chance.

and snizzle sometimes I can target them, some times I cant. Its not an exploit just buggy code. Even if i do target them, I get a 10-20 fps drop in framerate. I have a lowend comp, but my friends e6600 gets a significant drop and at least a second studder as well.

Then you have the fact that they can go invis and send pet in from a mile away while you have no idea where they are. Sure I should be able to see them as a druid, but my foraged see invis item Doesnt friggin work. Im still enjoying the game, but I think its gonna fail as soon as aoc and warhammer are released.

Just read in patch notes that they are fixing pet targeting and dots/pets will give infamy now.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online