taultunleashed logoCrafting tips? : Vanguard Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Crafting tips? : Vanguard Discussion

Posted: February 27th, 2007, 10:38 am

dsyndt
dsyndt's Reps:
So anyone got any tips for crafting? What I've gathered so far, the most effecient way thats working for me is to use the speedhack(works wonders, but use it in an unpopulated city), and just grind out 1 item work orders, get it to grade A, then repeat. Anyone else got any suggestions? perhaps advice on getting things to grade A as well, as i have difficulty with that most of the time. I've tried crafting in other MMO's and found it way too repetitive, and ive heard this is one of the most interactive so far, but it seems like the same thing over and over again, just with different buttons every time. Even with 2.2x the speed it is still rediculously slow. they say the speed is supposed to be on par with adventuring...i dont think so.

Enough ranting, anyone got any tips on crafting?

Posted: February 27th, 2007, 2:53 pm

andykay

Total Posts: 5
andykay's Reps: 0
I tried the speedhack while crafting, but it didn't actually make a difference. You complete the action quicker, but the time between then and when you can do another action stays the same. With 2.5x speed on, there was just a second's delay before the word 'fair' or 'moderate' or whatever popped up, and only then could I do the next action.

-Andrew

Posted: March 2nd, 2007, 5:50 am

romanyfree
romanyfree's Reps:
This isn't a hack/exploit, so if it's in the wrong thread, :oops:

If it is possible to add quality in the last phase, I get my wo up to a hair's breadth of B on moderate difficulty. Sneak in the quality at the end if you can because comps have been gifted, as of the last patch, with "more compelling complexity". B mod is worth, at lvl 20, about 1.5-2% total xp for the level (per item before turn-in). They SEEM (as i don't have numbers, sure you guys can check) to be worth about the same again when you turn them in. A's will net you more individually, sure. But, simply put, the potential gain is outweighed by the potential loss. I'm only lvl 20 artificing atm, but unless comps are srsly retooled, i think this is the best approach. Also, easy's are, imo, a waste of time. From my ui (Drox) it's around half the moderate difficulty xp, and they really don't go any faster. I usually take the time between finishing the taskmaster's list of mod wo's and the time they refresh to go do a little harvesting. If you're most concerned w/levelling up crafting quickly and minimizing failures (you must want a boat, too), use your harvested mats. I get an average of 15% quality boost from that one free step.

Posted: March 2nd, 2007, 6:29 am

romanyfree
romanyfree's Reps:
The only decons i do are weapons, so i can't speak for others, but these are simple, yield a large proportion of resonating dusts, and usually entail few comps. These (resonating dusts) come from anything common or better (green). I've gotten orbs from mundane several times. As for comps, even when they do happen, you usually have enough action points left over to just ignore them. I don't know ....well, tbh, anything, about writing script, but i think this process might be a good potential testing ground for yours. Automation aside, it's quite profitable if done intelligently. Depending on your goals, you will either have dusts to sell (for anywhere from 15-75s apiece on Hilsbury, atm) or mats to fuel your crafting.

I'm looking forward to getting some feedback concerning the assumption i'm making, since it is just an assumption.

BAD IDEA, i think :oops: no xp for decon :(

Posted: March 14th, 2007, 1:29 am

drip22
drip22's Reps:
I am a lvl 22 crafter got there in about 5 days i only do moderate work orders and i only get the quality just above grade d into the grade c then i finish the piece if u do that you will get exp on each piece u craft and exp when u turn the work order in dont start doin this until lvl 13 though it has worked great for me and takes little time its better than trying to get a grade a item and failingplus u know u can get a grade c easily hope that helps you guys it works for me

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online