taultunleashed logoDont Compare Vanguard to WoW : Vanguard Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 13 posts ] 
blue large dot

Dont Compare Vanguard to WoW : Vanguard Discussion

Posted: January 11th, 2007, 11:58 pm

bluemoose
bluemoose's Reps:
Peoples, Ive been hearing some talk about how VG is a WoW Killer and how no VG is not a WoW Killer. Also VG will be a flop and no VG will not be a flop. Vanguard is not a flop its a sick game. I love it, it makes my heart happy.

Info I can give you about VG
First Impression: World of Warcraft, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest 1&2...(the good parts mixed..but sadly 1 or 2 bad parts)

Performance: Your going to have to buy a new graphics card most likely depending on how serious you were before now. But I promise you playing the game on balanced is sick and thats not even High Graphics. I put Rabid's 2 gigs of ram in my computer and holy !@#$%^&* was it sweet with my gfx card and the new ram.

Character Creation: Huge selection. So much fun to do. You have almost full control over what you want. You can mess with EVERYTHING. If your going for unique you will have unique. You can also edit your appearance at any time (once logged out or before logged in on the character selection screen) There are a lot of hairstyles, fur types, colors or eyes, and such and they are adding even more as we speak.

Patching: Not bad at all its actually really easy and they patch a lot. Just quick hotfixes 1 minute to download.

Combat System: Think of WoW's combat system with walking casting, better animations with better graphics to boot. Fast paced love.

Dungeon System: No instances! Its actually fun you would expect chaos you know but really there isnt any chaos to this day Ive only run into another group once. And the dungeons are challenging too and well thought out. The 2 that I have done are basic The Gardens and Hive but so far they are sweet. Also I went through a mini-dungeon for a quest at level 8...size of VC which is pretty sad and its for one quest.

Classes: The classes are divided into 4 different classifications. Caster, Heavy Melee, Light Melee, Healer. Hopefully you have read into these by now if you havent http://vanguard.tentonhammer.com/index. ... s%20Guides

Grouping: 6 Man groups. Lots of quests to do together. No xp drawback either as far as I have been told. Raids around 24 people. Millions of quests to do. The world is huge and grouping is recommended with the challenge it poses to solo players. There are also 2 other grouping systems other than guild. Fellowship and Caravan. In Fellowship you split xp with everyone in your fellowship even if offline and it is such a good advantage for those who want to play with their friends. You must be within 5 levels of the top leveler in your fellowship. In a Caravan you travel with your Caravan even if offline which is a great concept although I have not tried it out yet. My guild and I have had a lot of conversations about it.

Raiding: No one knows but think back to EQ raiding.

Housing: Player Cities, Housing, Docks, Harbors, Guild Halls, City Malls, Freedom Democracy...pie! Not much is known but there will be cities and you can build your cities in many of the places in the world of Telon.

The Open Sea: Ships are a huge part of the game there will be ways to have guild ships to explore the ocean. Personal ships to explore alone or with a friend. Big ships, small ships, long ships, short ships. The customization on this is huge. There are Sails to customize. Masts to customize. Rooms to be customized and also you can put cannons and flags on your ships. Ship combat will be implemented within the next year. ((Trust me you wont have finished half the content by then)

Flying Mounts and regular mounts: There are around 10 flying mounts in the game right now and about 60 different regular mounts and there will be around 80 or so mounts by release and they hope for many many more flying mounts at a later time. You can get your first mount whenever you have 12 silver 50 copper. No Level requirement.

Money System: Copper > Silver > Gold > Platinum

Well I dont know what to say but this game is awesome at the moment and seeing the dedication right now compared to WoW's dedication I expect greater things than WoW gave me. Im not going to lie WoW gave me more hours of enjoyment than anything Ive payed that much money for. When it comes to Vanguard Brad and his team are dedicated when you look at WoW within the first year the original creators left the game because of the way it was going. There are almost no original creators. Dont flame me on that but seriously compared to the WoW devs my Sigil buddies are golden.

Posted: January 12th, 2007, 12:20 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
Lol you used my ram!

I'm not even sure if i'll be able to run it with the ram.

Hopefully =\

Posted: January 13th, 2007, 2:43 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
Well without my new ram (1gb of ram versus having 2 1/2) i'm getting a whole 1-4 fps. Might be playable at 10+ lol.

Posted: January 14th, 2007, 1:06 pm

cerbis
cerbis's Reps:
its just because the servers are crap at the mo at release they may be better.

Posted: January 14th, 2007, 1:48 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
Actually no 2 1/2 gb of ram didn't help that much since it still bottlenecks with my horrible graphics card.

Posted: February 7th, 2007, 1:19 am

jmg5297
jmg5297's Reps:
i had horrible lag problems with my computer in beta. almost all of this has been solved now that it's released. the only thing i notice is on high graphics i get around 15-20 running around and 8-10 in big cities. (so i stick with balanced setting for 30fps + all time)

3200+ athalon 64
ATI 1600
1 gig ram

Posted: February 8th, 2007, 12:03 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Wait i cant play Vanguard on my amd 600 mhz?

Posted: February 8th, 2007, 9:09 am

illharu
illharu's Reps:
Im playing vanguard on a Intel Duo Core E6600 @ 3.2GHz and 2 GIG Ram. I have a decent Nvidia card I am saving up for a DX10 card but I run vanguard just fine. This game defintley requires a better computer than wow does. Atleast if you want to play on standard graphic settings.

Posted: February 9th, 2007, 5:17 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
illharu i was joking hah. WOW can play on any computer.

Posted: February 14th, 2007, 8:42 am

lysergicz
lysergicz's Reps:
i like how u say dont compare the games then immediatly go into making comparisons

Posted: February 14th, 2007, 9:08 am

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
That is kind of funny

Posted: February 18th, 2007, 10:21 pm

kasar99

Total Posts: 8
kasar99's Reps: 0
premium
I played for a couple of hours.. got stuck near rocks three times, the third time recall was still down so I quit. I don't remember having that much trouble in the betas, but I guess not all areas were well tested.

The only real comparison to WoW is some of the interface as far as I can see, less so than LOTRO.

My P4 805D oc'd to 3.4 and 7600GT runs balanced ok for now. It runs extreme quality in EQ2 fine but not in Vanguard, that'll have to wait for a couple of upgrades.

Posted: February 18th, 2007, 10:47 pm

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
yeah i got stuck quite a few times too when i first began. use /stuck yes or if someone is nearby ask them to /rope you

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online