taultunleashed logoMy biggest problem in making a 100% reliable autobot (adv) : Vanguard Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

My biggest problem in making a 100% reliable autobot (adv) : Vanguard Discussion

Posted: February 14th, 2007, 3:17 pm

tault_stigma

Total Posts: 136
tault_stigma's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Hey all,

I just wanted to air this to any others who are tinkering on their own adventuring bot projects...

I've managed to make a bot setup that handles my characters for pretty much any eventuality except for roaming aggro. The problem I've encountered however is linked to a well known game bug that causes mobs to rnadomly disappear and become invunerable (and appear to be underground) while they are still able to attack you. Unless this spesific eventually is accounted for, its only a matter of time before an otherwise perfect bot would wipe out.

Normally a player could move around a bit and coax the mob back above ground, but this has proven a challange to code reliably. Not so much the detection of te bug happening and the movement itself, but being able to move the bot back into its original position afterwards so it dosn't mess up the positioning.

After much headache, I think I finally have a "hack" (ie not pretty, but works) method of daling with this problem ,but I would like to ask you others if anyone has found any good methods for dealing with this problem. Lets air some ideas and see if we can come up with a reliable workaround.

The funny thing of course is that if the game wasn't so buggy, this big hurdle wouldn't have to be dealth with at all hehe...

Posted: February 15th, 2007, 12:14 am

tault_razorwing

Total Posts: 196
tault_razorwing's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Not sure if your macro deals with this problem but i have found another bug in vanguard (yeah the game has loads of them lol), this bug is in relation to the monster health status bar, every now and then, this bug happens where although you are damaging the mob, the health bar of the mob remains 100%, so if your checking the mobs health via pixels, this might be a difficult problem if you get the bug.

As for the hidden mob bug, i havent looked into a possible method yet as to solving this, as its an uncommon bug, i have avoided it at the moment until i come across it again.

What solution have you come up with stigma?

Posted: February 15th, 2007, 12:32 am

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
they should be fixing some of these tonight

Posted: February 15th, 2007, 2:25 am

terl42

Total Posts: 56
terl42's Reps: 1
Million Dollar Member
premium
I need to get my lazy butt working on learning the scripting for Exhume, but off the top of my head, try useing a case file for both problems.

For the dissappearing monster, when the range to the target increases dramatically, (always does when the monsters go to ground) then back up for x seconds. the monster will follow, then re estabolish correct position same as you did in the first place.

For the health problem, set a case where if themonster has 100% health, you go off your own health bar instead of relying on monster's health, and abandon the fight if player health drops below x%.

I'm mildly proficient in Torque script (the game script for Tribes 1, so getting into this shouldn't be too hard, I'm just not sure which of the 50+ starter guides I should wrack my brain cell with first as I'm not exactly sure what torque script is based off of-probably C++.

I've been useing Auto-it successfully for doing certain grinds in specific locations with each setup customized for the specific character, but nothing like what woud be necessary for it to work on any of a specific class, much less any class. Auto-it is just too limited.

Posted: February 15th, 2007, 3:31 am

tault_razorwing

Total Posts: 196
tault_razorwing's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Is exhume VB Script? i know Visual Basic very well, i can use alot of advance functions, but i am not sure if VB script (never used it before) will allow the same functions which you can use in Visual Basic.

Also with VB Script i take it you dont have the interface with it? If thats the case, what makes VB script any different to say ACTool which is just code that is executed?

Just wondering :)

Posted: February 20th, 2007, 10:40 am

ryan21
ryan21's Reps:
Well even though the mob appears to dissapear underground your attacks will still land and can be used even though the icon is blacked out. Dont know how any of the bots work but hope this might help you out.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online