[ 19 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

VGExtreme Issue : Vanguard Discussion

Posted: February 21st, 2007, 7:04 am

djvj

Total Posts: 272
djvj's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
As a longtime return customer to the XU world, I was hoping I could get my issue resolved instead of filling up the main discussion thread for the tool.

I just reupped my premium in hopes that I could use the new VGExtreme tool. But it seems possibly due to some different codeing in how the tool communicates with your login page, I am unable to run it and getting rather frusturated.

Exhume, works great, can login with no problems., Opening IE or firefox and surfing directly to your login page at http://www.taultunleashed.com/xunleashed/login.htm works. Never had any software firewalls going, just a router. Hooked up a second cable modem for this pc and now surfing unrestricted, nope doesn't work. Yes windows firewall is disabled and this pc runs bare windows xp SP2 with only a few games installed. It's a gaming-only machine.

So...I'm lost as where to go now. If you want proof that I can use exhume but not VGExtreme look at the screenshot below.

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 12:29 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Sending to a tech so he may help you.

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 1:20 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
See my answer in your other thread.

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 2:55 am

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
Wyvern, if you are talking about this answer

"djvj, all that window is is a IE (or your default browser) that is looking at:

http://www.xunleashed.com/XUnleashed/login.htm

So load up your default browser, (the same one that VGE tries to load) and surf to that address."

As stated above I get the page in IE and firefox. Brings me to the same login as in exhume, put in my info, click login and nothing happens. Is something supposed to happen when using IE? If so how is logging in through IE going to help me if I need to connect using vgextreme.exe? All loading up IE did was verify it's not my connection that is preventing the login from working in vgextreme.

When I get home I will try your new v1.1, maybe something was fixed that I needed.

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 3:23 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
No, I'm saying all the xum window is doing is loading up that page.. and the xum window is your default browser embedded.

If you can see the page from IE then I have to assume that it is your firewall blocking the app itself. Check your firewall settings.

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 3:40 am

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
I turned off everything that has to do with windows firewall. Also went through the privacy settings and such to make sure it allowed everything to pass. What eats me is why exhume can load it fine, yet not vgextreme. If I had an issue with firewall settings exhume would be stopped also, yet it works fine.

Changed my default browser to firefox, which didn't help either. Although I don't know if vgextreme still uses IE even if firefox is default.

I will go through again to make sure there is nothing I missed and appreciate your time to help me through this.

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 6:12 am

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
wyvernx (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
No, I'm saying all the xum window is doing is loading up that page.. and the xum window is your default browser embedded.

If you can see the page from IE then I have to assume that it is your firewall blocking the app itself. Check your firewall settings.

Updated to v1.1. Upon running it d/l'd all the needed files. I see your new logo then nothing else and goes directly into my running processes and sits there eating up 98-99% cpu. I noticed exhume opens and has same mem usage but eats 0% cpu. I have NO firewall installed, nor anything that blocks apps at all. Just a fresh windows sp2 and vanguard.

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 7:00 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Perhaps you have a virus.

Did you try to install the .net framework 2.0?

Also, when it downloaded needed files... did it freeze up before or after you clicked launch vgextreme button?

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 7:33 am

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
Yes I have all the frameworks now. Also tried installing the 3.0 one just for the hell of it.

It d/l'd all the files fine. Then upon launching I guess you can say it froze because it was in my processes eating all my cpu. Same as it does when I launch it now.

Out of about 15 times trying to run it, twice I got the embedded window to show up like the screenie above. Only it was blank and the bar was labeled Dialog.

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 8:03 am

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
Just cause I have never seen it before working, when vgextreme loads, it looks and behaves just like exhume does? Same login screen and all? Then you open your scripts from there?

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 8:22 am

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
after you log in the script client works with the defauly VG service then you open the script you want and hit run.

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 9:49 am

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
After letting vgextreme run for about an houe it finally stopped eating up cpu cycles and its window popped up. Same message as above screenie "The page cannot be displayed"

...BAH

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 3:08 pm

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
Please if anybody has an AMD 64 CPU and has this running please post what exact cpu you have. Along what version of windows you use.

Posted: February 26th, 2007, 8:00 pm

icerush

Total Posts: 25
icerush's Reps: 0
premium
I am able to run the demo script with both a fx60 and a 3500. I am having troubles on a 3800 tho. windows xp all around. gl m8

Posted: February 27th, 2007, 12:30 am

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
What troubles do you experiance? I'm still SOL.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online