blue large dot

windows xp 64 bit. : Vanguard Discussion

Posted: March 7th, 2007, 8:20 pm

terl42

Total Posts: 56
terl42's Reps: 1
Million Dollar Member
premium
I believe all my problems are based on being unable to get net 2.0 installed (it's flat out refuseing to run on win xp 64 no matter what i've tried).

When I try to run VGExtreme1.1 (so I can use the resource and npc hud), I get the following errors:

"Failed to register ExhumeHelper.dll. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Try to run exhume to get a full error message"

I hit ok, and this pops up:

"Failed to register XUScripts.dll. ExhumeHelper.dll. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Try to run exhume to get a full error message"

I hit ok, and the login window pops up, so I log in, and gt a new error:

"A startup error occured, Error in memory Parsing!"

I hit ok, and it's all closed.

I can load up and log into Exhume, but I can't launch the script for the resource hud from within it, it won't show up in the plugins, and I an't load a .vbs file when it wants a .dll (can't get any windows to show up in the game either, but Exhume will load up, and launch vanguard for me from the start button on the first tab).

I want that resource/npc hud, and have been fighting with it since it came out without any luck in even comeing close to getting it to work. help please.

Posted: March 7th, 2007, 9:18 pm

djvj

Total Posts: 272
djvj's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
First, wait till it's fixed. You won't get anything if its broken, new version should be out soon.

Second, why are you running xp64? I suggest installing 32-bit. 64bit just has soooo many problems in soooo many places. If you want to be running these types of tools for games I suggest never installing 64-bit.

Third, you cannot open the HUD in exhume, it;s not made for it. Only try it in vgextreme. But since its borked, just wait. Make sure you delete the exhumehelper.dll and THEN run vgextreme so it d/ls a new dll. You shouldn't have to ever run exhume for any reason unless you get registration problems with the dll.

Posted: March 11th, 2007, 4:43 pm

terl42

Million Dollar Member
premium
djvj (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
You shouldn't have to ever run exhume for any reason unless you get registration problems with the dll.

"Failed to register Exhume Helper.dll" is NOT a registration problem?

At one point today, I got it to load VGExtreem.exe. It still gave an error message for the helper and other problem file, but logged in anyway, and gave me a large scripting window. I was trying to get the somehwat transparent hud working, but only managed to get the small white Wyvrenex hud up with locations of near by npc's. Within 10 minutes of getting that far, I managed to break something preventing the VGE login window from comeing up again while trying to get the clear hud script working.

I've been following directions and tutorials all day, so it's all muddleing together.

Can someone with a working vgextreem .rar up the file and share it so those of us with problems can see what files go where, and possibly even get it working through that file?

Posted: March 11th, 2007, 4:53 pm

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
I can almost guarantee you that if you format and install xp 32bit then install your scripting service, along with your .net frameworks, it will run fine. Just the fact that you got it to run once, then not again assures that its not vgextreme and something with your windows install/apps.

Posted: March 11th, 2007, 5:53 pm

Tault_mississippi

Total Posts: 257
Tault_mississippi's Reps: 0
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
If you don't have dot net 2.0 framework installed and running properly, yer definitely gonna have some problems.

I would also assume that niether eXhume (the base engine) nor VGExtreme (Base Engine + Wyvern's Vanguard Service) will run well (if at all) under win64 because niether are compiled for win64.

Assuming win64 translates win32 properly, and you really want to try and get VGExtreme working under win64, I would suggest the following steps.

1. Get eXhume working under win64
Go read Exhume Automation 101.
It doesn't have anything to do with VGExtreme, and will allow you to prove or disprove that the base eXhume engine will run on your win64 machine.
If you can't get eXhume running, there is no sense in attempting to get VGExtreme running.

2. Get VGExtreme running under win64.
Just because you get eXhume running under win64 doesn't mean that VGExtreme is going to, it just means that you have the chance that it will.
For example, I have not problems getting eXhume to run under Windows Vista Ultimate (win32) but VGExtreme will execute and crash after login everytime.
To test VGExtreme, all you need to do is start up Vanguard, Login to Vanguard, Startup VGExtreme, login to VGextreme, hit F5.

Having said all of that, I concur with djvj, you are going to be much bettter off working in a win32 environment for the whole game automation paradigm.

Posted: March 11th, 2007, 11:38 pm

terl42

Million Dollar Member
premium
exhume will install and run just fine (at least I think it's running).

(XUnleashed.exe)

The large blue box shows up with the play button, I can get teh yellow x's bouncing around, and play with all the tabs (even got exhume to launch vanguard before). The reason I think it my not be working is probably mainly becasue there are no apps for it for vanguard (that I could find) so no way to test to see if it really works or not.

I get no errors when installing exhume at all, and no errors running exhume-beyond user error for not haveing a clue what to do with it after I get the blue box with all the tabs.
Durring the brief time vgextreem was working, it was down loaded to desktop, extravted to VGExtreme1.1\ on the desktop, and I had the file that I thought was for the transparent hud extracted into that folder. I'm not entirely sure of which set of instructions I used to get the working copy, there's a pile of directions and tutorials for idiots with most of them saying to do it slightly different ways (could be that some are outdated setup directions)

All I could get out of vgextreem was the white Wyvrens' box that correctly showed a list of nearby npc's with direction and distance. It was updateing and stable. Like an idiot, I deleted that folder to try to reinstal it and get the transparent overlay working. I've not been able to get extreem to load at all since. (of course i did the further stupid thing of emptying the trash basket before checking the new install)

This does work (somehow) on win xp 64, though that one working vg extreem might not have been the most recent version...

Is there a way to run the .vbs scripts in XUnleashed?

Edit:

Yay, the bastards finally have a real net2.0 for the 64 bit os, replaceing the 32bit one I instaled under a bad compatability for windows me (only way it would install at all). hopeing this will fix my problem. -the computer problem, still not sure what to do about the stupidity problem, I doubt there's a cure that doesn't involve a .44 to the head...

Posted: March 12th, 2007, 2:22 am

Tault_mississippi

premium
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
exhume will install and run just fine (at least I think it's running).

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
I get no errors when installing exhume at all, and no errors running exhume-beyond user error for not haveing a clue what to do with it after I get the blue box with all the tabs.

The quotes makes it appear you didn't actually read the "Exhume Automation 101" posted earlier - because after reading that tutorial you should know 100% one way or the other whether Exhume is working and it should provide you a clue with what to do.

Posted: March 12th, 2007, 8:31 pm

terl42

Million Dollar Member
premium
Doh, Told you I needed a bullet to the head, Been fighting with xunleashed thinking it was exhume, and being totally unale to figure out why none of the exhume tutorials worked....

....After yet another bout of stupidity, it finaly dawned on me the tutorials were in javascript, not visual basic.... So, once I switched to a new script for running .js instead of .vbs, it ran flawlessly.

Just to make sure that it wasn't a fluke, i deleted everything and downloaded Exhume again, switched toa .js script page first this time, and copy/pasted the 3 tutorials. All three worked flawlessly every time.

Too bad the syntax of this isn't even close to whatever the hell Torque script is modled after. As stupid as I've come off so far, I am able to program in a COMPLETLY LETHAL ai for the Tribes game engine useing torque script. (and yes, i typo even more programming than I do typeing. usually takes me as long to find the typos as it does to write the scrip...)

I'll get it sorted out eventually. for now, Exhume works beautifully, so why doesn't VGE?

Posted: March 12th, 2007, 11:29 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Vista isnt supported yet. I'm just takig a guess that win64 isnt either then if you are having problems with VGE and not XUM.

Posted: March 13th, 2007, 3:47 am

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
terl42 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I'll get it sorted out eventually. for now, Exhume works beautifully, so why doesn't VGE?

I asked the same question, and it turned out to be something on my pc that I just couldn't trace. A format fixed it.

Posted: March 13th, 2007, 6:27 am

Tault_mississippi

premium
Well keep in mind that eXhume (the base engine) is developed by Team A and VGE is developed by Wyvern to run on eXhume.

Wyvern is introducing quite a bit of code that is different from the base engine, and although he is writing it on the .NET Framework, we all know that your mileage varies on the portability.

So, wyvern develops VGE via .net 2.0 framework on Windows XP Professional, win32. So as you diverge from the OS and Framework that he is developing on/for you introduce all sorts of possible issues.

As wyvernx pointed out above, I had the same issue when testing on Vista. Exhume ran fine, but the VGE Service didn't work for peediddle.

I'm certain that if we bought Wyvernx new desktops running Vista and/or win64 OS's he'd sort it out for us ... but my wife said I gotta put the kids through college first. ;-)

Posted: March 13th, 2007, 8:28 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
VGE does require .Net 2.0 framework. So if you cannot install that, you probably wont get VGE working.

And sure, send me a few desktops with vista andone for win64 and I'll see what I can do. Please keep it at a minimum of 3 gigs ram though. :)

Posted: March 13th, 2007, 1:58 pm

terl42

Million Dollar Member
premium
So, we've got general compatability issues between wyvren's updated exhume, and non win 32 os's

I can load the vg scripts in exhume, but they are getting errors from trying to call functions that aren't in exhume. Any chance of getting those missing functions to add to exhume (which does work) and just fight it out that way?

A format is out of the question till after I finish the almost 100 gigs of Dr who downloaded since I can't get Nero to succesfully burn partial files from bit torrent. (been working on it for 2 months now off and on, over half way, so it's going to be a while).

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online