[ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

account tagged : VGExtreme General Discussion

Posted: April 22nd, 2007, 6:18 pm

danzar

Total Posts: 527
danzar's Reps: 7
premium
Just a heads up got an account tag for botting waiting to see if i get my account back.. Dunno what tagged it. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about it..

Danzar

Posted: April 22nd, 2007, 7:06 pm

binafus

Total Posts: 154
binafus's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
So what were you doing when it got tagged?

Did the GM send you a tell?

If so did your bot log out?

Did the GM move your character?

Did you have players message you and not respond them saying you were botting?

I'm 99.9 percent sure a GM will not show up as a player to a bot.

Posted: April 22nd, 2007, 7:21 pm

proudr

Total Posts: 111
proudr's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Also what time did this all happen? I think botting at 6pm cali time is alot safer than before as the lead server GM's log off them.

Do you think you got caught due to a report or through some security detection system?

Posted: April 22nd, 2007, 7:45 pm

binafus

Total Posts: 154
binafus's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
I would think it would be very hard to ban an account that no one talked to you in game.

I have my bot log on ALL tells, it is a pain in the !@#$%^&* at times when someone sends you a tell but it is SAFER.

I have had a GM come up and hug me without sending a tell before it was after a very long session of being on line.

I wondered if being logged in a long time increased your chances.

Any info on what happened would be appreciated.

Posted: April 23rd, 2007, 2:38 am

danzar

premium
I wasnt messaged. Or neather a tell
I cant say i wasnt moved because I looked at the bot one minute then the next i was at char selection with a supended notice. I looked though the chatlog to see if i could see anything i could use to my favor in my email to them, Like them sending me a tell and my one legged dog was humping my leg. But i did not find anything out of the way. Dunno... It could just have been another player turned me in or something. I just wanted to let everyone know to keep an eye out..

I will let you know if i get my account back today

Posted: April 23rd, 2007, 10:24 am

danzar

premium
The time was about 8pm est.

I was at a outpost macroing diplomat.

I Hadnt been on a real long time at this section. It was about 2 hours worth at the most.

Posted: April 23rd, 2007, 11:38 am

stakfallt

Total Posts: 15
stakfallt's Reps: 0
Well if I can get my copy of .not 2005 to actually come up without crashing I'm gonna try to modify the source I have for the governor program used with WoW

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Warden_%28software%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Governor

The way the util "sees" api calls and data being retrieved should work for just about anygame, since most of the code is flexible as it uses generic api calls to determine IATs, etc. the only thing in the source I see that's hardcoded to wow is some error message about it being unable to attach to the game and the usage of attaching to the wow.exe process.. so. a few modifications and it should be vanguard ready. Just still fighting my 2005 .not install.. Either way it should tell us one way or the other if sony is being nosey about what we're running and not telling us about it.. At least as far as warden goes anyhow...

During my effort to debug some of the problems I'm having with 2005 .not I did throw the compiled exe, that came with the governor source, into a hex editor and modified the wow.exe to vgclient.exe (there were additional padded 00s so it shouldn't have been a problem) and unfortunatley I got the error that it couldn't attach to vg.. I'm hoping an actual recompile will work.

If anyone else wants to pick up on it and try to see if they can get it here's the link. Man.. the thought of sony doing something that shady really sickens me.. At least blizzard is up front about their checking processes in their eula. This would so be sony too to be that presumptious to think they can stomp on the rights of the players without even telling them.. Let's hope that's not the case >.>

http://www.rootkit.com/newsread_print.php?newsid=371

Posted: April 23rd, 2007, 1:31 pm

danzar

premium
This is the email i just recieved..

{Please be advised that your account has been suspended for 7 days for unattended game play and macro use. My review shows that several GMs and Knights attempted to contact you while you were unattended playing and were unable to after 10-15 minutes of moving you around, sending you tells, ceasing your actions, and you continued to send the exact same commands to our servers.}

Ok wooohoo 7 days..

P.S This email told me serveral things.
1. kill macro on tells
2. put unreg moves in the bot
3. put a safe guard if X,Y change then kill bot

Posted: April 26th, 2007, 2:45 am

antareus

Total Posts: 297
antareus's Reps: 11
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
danzar (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
This is the email i just recieved..

{Please be advised that your account has been suspended for 7 days for unattended game play and macro use. My review shows that several GMs and Knights attempted to contact you while you were unattended playing and were unable to after 10-15 minutes of moving you around, sending you tells, ceasing your actions, and you continued to send the exact same commands to our servers.}

Ok wooohoo 7 days..

P.S This email told me serveral things.
1. kill macro on tells
2. put unreg moves in the bot
3. put a safe guard if X,Y change then kill bot

Thought you said you didnt recieve any tells?
Also some sort of an alarm worked wonders with the glider bot, might wanna try adding that.

Posted: April 26th, 2007, 11:49 am

danzar

premium
danzar (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I looked though the chatlog to see if i could see anything i could use to my favor in my email to them, Like them sending me a tell and my one legged dog was humping my leg. But i did not find anything out of the way.

I just didnt find where they sent one I guess i must have over looked it.
I have already added an alarm to my coding. Now if i could just get the read log function to work. I cant figure what i am doing wrong. I have copyed blockes from working scripts, to make sure i didnt forget something. and i still cant get it to read correctly. I think i need to start over on the whole read function.

But the scipt now plays a sound file when i get a tell (when i get the read log function going) or when my cords are moved out side of the waypoints scope.

Plus I thought about putting a screen shot function in the scipt also when I get a tell or cord change just for visual refers if needed.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online