taultunleashed logoCrafting guide for Strabomeeks script : VGExtreme General Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 8 posts ] 
blue large dot

Crafting guide for Strabomeeks script : VGExtreme General Discussion

Posted: September 27th, 2007, 5:34 pm

ve_necro
ve_necro's Reps:
Here is my quick and easy guide to setting up the crafting bot made by Strabomeeks.

First of all you need to get yourself a program which tells you the location of your curser, personally I use http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/globalhook.asp grab the demo from there and it will give you a basic pop up with the X and Y locations of the mouse. OK now we have that ready make sure you have also downloaded the latest crafting bot from the website.

Now we have global hook (or what ever you chose to use) we need to set up a few points, I will be adding screen shots of this later on, but time is against me at the moment. In the script you will have the

following section near the top:

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
'This is a list of the coordinates for your mouseclick.
'THESE ARE RESOLUTION DEPENDANT - YOU WILL HAVE TO CHANGE THEM.
Const WB_X = 700 'Workbench - this clicks on the table you need to start crafting.
Const WB_Y = 487
Const RL_X = 456 'Recipe book Work Order + sign - this is where you click on the + sign in your recipe selection to show your work orders.
Const RL_Y = 299
Const WO_X = 517 'Recipe book Work Order recipe 1 - this clicks on the first work order you have in your book.
Const WO_Y = 324
Const OK_X = 479 'Recipe book & table setup "Begin" button - this is where the begin button is on the recipe selection window, your begin button for table setup needs to be in the same place.
Const OK_Y = 674
Const CN_X = 995 'Recipe book cancel button - this is the cancel button on your recipe selection window.
Const CN_Y = 675
Const CC_X = 844 'HotKey To Cancel Crafting - this is the cancel button when you are actually crafting.
Const CC_Y = 298
Const LFW_X = 165 'Im looking for work - this is the "im looking for work" button when you hail the work order person.
Const LFW_Y = 349
Const AT_X = 462 'Available Tab - this is the tab that shows available work orders from the work order person.
Const AT_Y = 246
Const CT_X = 565 'Current Tab - this is the tab that shows current work orders from the work order person.
Const CT_Y = 245
Const FWO_X = 438 'First WO - This is the first work order in the list of work orders shown on the available or current tab.
Const FWO_Y = 279
Const DA_X = 703 'Down Arrow - This will scroll down the work orders available
Const DA_Y = 658
Const CB_X = 452 'Complete/Accept Button - this is the accept or complete button on the available/current work orders pane.
Const CB_Y = 697
Const TB1_X = 628 'Toolbelt 1 - this is where your first toolbelt button is when you go to change toolbelts during crafting.
Const TB1_Y = 360
Const TB2_X = 673 'Toolbelt 2 - this is where your second toolbelt button is when you go to change toolbelts during crafting.
Const TB2_Y = 360
Const TB3_X = 721 'Toolbelt 3 - this is where your third toolbelt button is when you go to change toolbelts during crafting.
Const TB3_Y = 360
Const AB_X = 718 'Abandon Button - this is the button to abandon a work order when trying to complete them with the work order person.
Const AB_Y = 694

Using the Global hook fill in the X and Y locations above, use the descriptions to work out where to place the mouse (picture will be added very shortly). Believe it or not, but thats the hardest part out of the way, Now we need to look at the part of coding just above that:

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
WOperson = "namehere" 'Put in the first name of the person you get WO's from
WOpersonrefine = "namehere" 'Put in the first name of the person you get refining WO's from
Utilperson = "namehere" 'Put in the first name of the person you buy Utilities from

Fill in the "namehere" with the appropriate first name only of the NPC's that you will be using. While at this point, dont forget to go into your VGLogDump, you will have to create one yourself

Logpath = "THIS MUST BE CHANGED TO WHERE YOU VGLOGDUMP FILE IS, DO NOT SKIP THIS" 'Change this to the path for your VGLogDump.log file

Next step is to set up the script for what ever we need it to do.

If (Crafting_AvailableWorkOrderDifficulty = Difficulty: Easy") OR (Crafting_AvailableWorkOrderDifficulty = "Difficulty:Very Easy") Then 'You can decide wether or not you can handle harder WO's here
'If (Crafting_AvailableWorkOrderSkill = "Skill: Mineralogy ") OR (Crafting_AvailableWorkOrderSkill = "Skill: Artificing ") Then 'This is where you set what work order skillset you desire
'If (Crafting_AvailableWorkOrderSkill = "Skill: Armor Smithing ") OR (Crafting_AvailableWorkOrderSkill = "Skill: Metallurgy ") OR (Crafting_AvailableWorkOrderSkill =Skill:Blacksmithing ")Then
If (Crafting_AvailableWorkOrderSkill = "Skill: Tailoring ") OR (Crafting_AvailableWorkOrderSkill = "Skill: Outfitting ")Then
'If (Crafting_AvailableWorkOrderSkill = "Skill: Carpentry ") OR (Crafting_AvailableWorkOrderSkill = "Skill: Artificing ")Then

If you look at the code above you can see that all but tailoring have a little ' next to them, this is what makes the text green, for all those who are new to this, green = invisible text. With that in mind make sure the skill you require is no greened out. Thats almost everything we need to do next we come to the waypoints. Work your way through the script and populate the waypoints for moving to the refining taskmaster, finishing taskmaster, crafting table and utility vendor. If you dont know how to get the waypoints its very easy, ingame move to where you wish to go and type /loc when you do that you will be given 3 sets of numbers, all you need to know is the first 2, they are you X and Y. Keeping in mind that the way the coding works you dont get to that exact spot, you get within 5 meters of it, also dont be afraid of having as many waypoints as you think you need, the more you have the less you look like an afk person using a program.

Now you have to make your ingame macros on the CTRL+Shift hotkey bar as default, you can change these if you feel confident enough, on CS6 chage them to the 2 items you will use for your given trade,

smithing in this example:

CS=:
/craftingselectstep 9
/craftingselectstep 8
/craftingselectstep 7
/craftingselectstep 6
/craftingselectstep 5
/craftingselectstep 4
/craftingselectstep 3
/craftingselectstep 2
/craftingselectstep 1
/craftingselectaction 1

CS-:
/craftingselectstep 9
/craftingselectstep 8
/craftingselectstep 7
/craftingselectstep 6
/craftingselectstep 5
/craftingselectstep 4
/craftingselectstep 3
/craftingselectstep 2
/craftingselectstep 1
/craftingselectaction 2

CS0:
/craftingselectstep 9
/craftingselectstep 8
/craftingselectstep 7
/craftingselectstep 6
/craftingselectstep 5
/craftingselectstep 4
/craftingselectstep 3
/craftingselectstep 2
/craftingselectstep 1
/craftingselectaction 3

CS9:
/craftingselectstep 9
/craftingselectstep 8
/craftingselectstep 7
/craftingselectstep 6
/craftingselectstep 5
/craftingselectstep 4
/craftingselectstep 3
/craftingselectstep 2
/craftingselectstep 1
/craftingselectaction 4

CS8:
/craftingselectstep 9
/craftingselectstep 8
/craftingselectstep 7
/craftingselectstep 6
/craftingselectstep 5
/craftingselectstep 4
/craftingselectstep 3
/craftingselectstep 2
/craftingselectstep 1
/craftingselectaction 5

CS7:
/craftingselectstep 9
/craftingselectstep 8
/craftingselectstep 7
/craftingselectstep 6
/craftingselectstep 5
/craftingselectstep 4
/craftingselectstep 3
/craftingselectstep 2
/craftingselectstep 1
/craftingselectaction 6

CS6:
/refineadditem fuel
/refineadditem oil
/lootall

CS5:
/craftingchangetoolbelt

Congratulations you have now set up the script in the most basic form, all that is left to do is to fill up your bags with fuel and oil (for smiths) or what ever you need for you trade. In your file menu (VGExtreme) select open source and load Navigation, VGCrafting and VGService. Making sure that you have all you waypoints set, your curser co-ordinates and NPC names click save and F5.

A few notes on things I have seen is that if you are running on a shared computer or network, make sure you are flagged as admin or else you may find issues with running the script. Also is it possible to get higher quality items although it is set to make C grade as default. Just change the 25 to what ever you wish it to be, every 25 is a grade.

If (Crafting_Quality < 25) Then

Posted: September 27th, 2007, 5:55 pm

strabomeeks

Total Posts: 266
strabomeeks's Reps: 2
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
good stuff, ill add a link to this in the first post on the crafting bot.

Posted: September 27th, 2007, 8:19 pm

strabomeeks

premium
im working on a new version that will make a few of these steps change, ill let you know what you will need to change here once I release it. I am hoping it will make it somewhat easier to setup.

Posted: September 27th, 2007, 8:26 pm

ve_necro
ve_necro's Reps:
Np mate, like I said good work with the script. Screenies will be inc, balancing lots at work and an 8 year old atm so not much time for me to be ingame atm :cry:

Mail me any updates that needs to be done and I will revise this with some pics and perhaps a vid

Posted: September 28th, 2007, 2:46 pm

strabomeeks

premium
PMed you the changes that should be made based on the newest version of the script, very minimal changes. I think I made the script a little easier to set up with the newest version because it has been out a full day, has had 7 downloads on the new version, and not a single person has asked me a question yet *knocks on wood*

Of course it could be because they are following your guide :P

Posted: September 28th, 2007, 4:10 pm

nalexia

Total Posts: 25
nalexia's Reps: 1
premium
is there a way to make the bot open doors? For instance in tursh the artificer finishing tables are through a couple doors.

Posted: September 28th, 2007, 4:30 pm

strabomeeks

premium
you could place a mouseclick in between the waypoints that take you to the door, but the way the script is currently set up, No.

Find a place that does not have doors to open to craft at.

Posted: October 4th, 2007, 2:19 pm

ve_necro
ve_necro's Reps:
Sorry there hasnt been an update to this, I will be dealing with this shortly, unfortunatly some RL issues have arrisen I need to sort out first.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online