taultunleashed logoHow to get VGExtreme and Vista Ultimate x64 working : VGExtreme General Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

How to get VGExtreme and Vista Ultimate x64 working : VGExtreme General Discussion

Posted: July 2nd, 2008, 10:26 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
From frostmonkey

First I went back and re-downloaded the Exhume and VGExtreme files.

After creating a folder named EXHUME and extracting the contents of Exhume to it, I ran Exhume.exe to make sure that was okay. After running Exhume.exe, DELETE Exhumehelper.dll before the next step.

** The path to the file being C:\Program Files (x86)\EXHUME\Exhume.exe

Then I loaded the VGExtreme files into the same folder, so that the Exhume.exe and the VGExtreme files were in the same folder - not different sub directories.

** Now VGExtreme.exe is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\EXHUME\VGExtreme.exe

Then I went and downloaded the .Net Framework v3.5 as well as the Script Debugger (Direct link to the download the Script Debugger http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/vi ... ch&id=1227 .)

Now that I have done that, i ran UpdateVGExtreme.exe which is located in the same directory as the other 2 previously talked about .exe files.

It should update fine, and then give you messages about not being able to register 2 dll files.

Now, hit your windows key and in the search area type cmd .

Right click the search result entitled "cmd" and run it as an administrator.

Navigate to the folder in which you've stored the Exhume.exe and VGExtreme.exe files. You can do this by replacing the file path with the I've used below(in red) with the file path to your directory. Type the bold text into the cmd window and hit enter.

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\EXHUME\

** You can find your file path to the directory containing your .exe files for VGExtreme by clicking the text area at the top of the window on that open folder. It should then display the file path in the format which the CMD prompt uses.

Once you've navigated to this folder in cmd prompt, type the following:

regsvr32 ExhumeHelper.dll

*hit enter then type this next line

regsvr32 VGEHelper.dll

*hit enter again

Now exit the command prompt and right click your VGExtreme.exe file. Choose Properties, then click the Compatibility tab. Once at the Compatibility tab, check the top box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and then select "Windows XP SP2" from the scroll down menu.

Click okay.

Now when you run VGExtreme.exe, make sure to right click and choose "Run as administrator."

***** DONE! *****

I hope that got it working for you! If you need more help feel free to PM me or post here. Though I'm new to this piece of software I'm not new to PCs or having to perform impromptu trouble shooting Smile

Thanks to those of you that helped me out!

Posted: August 8th, 2008, 4:40 pm

wubsy
wubsy's Reps:
didn't work for me on vista ultimate x32. when i run it on vista it immediately pops up that the program has stopped working

Posted: August 8th, 2008, 4:49 pm

beergeek

Total Posts: 434
beergeek's Reps: 21
premium
I neither run vista nor have any idea how to get vgextreme working on it besides what's been posted already, but I do know you will need to supply a bit more information on your problem before anyone can help. Things like exact error messages, stack traces, a description of how you attempted to set it up, etc.

Posted: August 11th, 2008, 6:23 am

wubsy
wubsy's Reps:
beergeek (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I neither run vista nor have any idea how to get vgextreme working on it besides what's been posted already, but I do know you will need to supply a bit more information on your problem before anyone can help. Things like exact error messages, stack traces, a description of how you attempted to set it up, etc.

Well it just gave the standard "This program has stopped responding" windows error immediately upon starting it up. I followed the directions for installing exhume and vgextreme to a T, and also did what this nice fellow suggested for Vista. I may just say !@#$%^&* it, as I'm not willing to reinstall XP for one botting program (that I doubt I could get working anyways).

Posted: August 11th, 2008, 1:10 pm

frostmonkey

Total Posts: 21
frostmonkey's Reps: 0
Do you have service pack 1 installed and all the updates/hotfixes?

Also, make sure you have the .Net Framework installed.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online