newtopic  postreply
 [ 12 posts ] 
blue large dot

IPC Port?? : VGExtreme General Discussion

Posted: April 19th, 2007, 2:45 pm

stakfallt

Total Posts: 15
stakfallt's Reps: 0
Why everytime right after I log into VGExtreme I get an error message saying "Failed to create IPC Port: Access Denied"? I know IPC stands for InterProcess Communication so I know it's nothing regarding network ports and as I said I can log in just fine, but I'm wondering if the vge crashes I get everytime I try to run the extremeradar_harvest bot is caused by this IPC (which sorta makes sense, if vge can't talk to the vg client.) Just not sure where I should be looking.. I did try a forum search but I think the forum search feature is busted it came up with threads with topics that I can't really see how the phrase "Failed to create IPC Port: Access Denied" -exactly- matches anything in those threads... ::shrugs::

EDIT: one other thing I forgot to mention, I did get that sample script to run that comes with vge (the one that brings up a windows dialog box that says your name, and mobs near you etc.). so I'm not sure the problem is related to vge or just some windows service I have stopped that vge depends on.

2nd EDIT: Well somehow it stopped giving me that error, I tried toggling on some services and after that it seemed to fix it, but when I turned the services back off, it did not go back to giving me the error so I'm not really sure what the cause of the problem was. Found though I have a bigger problem, some wsh issue, more specifically my wsh seems whacked out as, in the extremeradar_harvest bot code, the nodes object does not get set to scripting.dictionary. But that's not a topic for this site. It's just something I'll just have to work through.. either way. problem resolved or sorta resolved. Wondering if I should just delete this now.

Posted: April 19th, 2007, 6:17 pm

lordmoyne

Total Posts: 19
lordmoyne's Reps: 0
That usually happens if you have an instance of vgextreme allready running (ex, you quit the application but its still in the memory).
Check the taskmanager and kill the process from there if you get this error.

Posted: April 19th, 2007, 6:23 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Or login as administrator.

Posted: April 19th, 2007, 7:02 pm

stakfallt

hmm... well it's not another instance, but it could very well be because I am logged in as administrator, wonder if that's why every single solitary script (except the vgextreme.vbs sample one) crashes when I try to run it...

Posted: April 19th, 2007, 11:56 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
No i meant that if you do NOT login as administrator it might not work correctly.

I have no idea why your scripts are crashing.

I can only think of maybe you have some kind of antivirus/security program that is preventing the ipc port from being created.

Posted: April 20th, 2007, 2:48 am

stakfallt

oooh... well just to check, I tried not logging in as administrator anyhow and they still crashed.. well the ones that are crashing aren't mine.. and it seems (even with ms script debugger installed), if their's an error to be had I only get it in the compiled script-to-exe form. And even then the only errors I ever do get are getNearestMobs errors.

Here's where it gets really weird though, comparing hudtest.vbs's usage of getNearestMobs to the vgextreme.vbs files that comes with vge, the usage is exactly identical yet the hudtest.vbs script will keep spawning new pop-up error boxes about getNearestMobs until I end the task. Other scripts when ran in compiled form just crash soon as the script's created window is being created. I've seen something in the eXhume forums about ATI tray tools being a problem, so I exited that, killed off any ATI services, and killed any processes that were non-essential to running windows and they still crashed.. Unfortunately I've checked both exhume and debug logs and nothing of real great signifigance there. I tried debugging the compiled script with the JIT debugging features of an installed debugger and closest I can pinpoint is something to do with wcslen of msvcrt.dll

Just seems like two different problems occuring. But see even the vgextreme.vbs sample file works fine and that uses a script-created window if I'm not mistaken. hudtest.vbs uses a window it creates as well and that works except with the getNearestMob pop-up script errors.. Things like extremeradar_harvest just outright crash upon creating a window. It's like I have two different issues going on: One dealing with getNearestMobs not working, and the other being certain scripts crashing from window creation.

EDIT: Just had a thought... wonder if it's the FocusWindow function as neither the vgextreme.vbs nor the hudtest.vbs use that, both use script created windows and neither outright crash (just give an error about getNearestMobs), the outright crashing compiled scripts are the ones that use the focus function and crash almost a split second after a shape resembling a window is made.. hmm.. I'm running in windowed (tried maximized window and restored window, neither help). Unfortunately even if that is the case though, it still doesn't explain the getNearestMobs error I keep getting on scripts other than vgextreme.vbs

Posted: April 20th, 2007, 5:54 am

gheezer
gheezer's Reps:
You are able to compile to .exe? That never seemed to work for me with VGExtreme. Used to work for XUM though.

Posted: April 20th, 2007, 7:25 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Compile to exe is not supported in VGE yet. I have talked about it with the admins and it will be fixed in xum 2.0.

Posted: April 20th, 2007, 7:34 am

stakfallt

aaahh ok yeah the only reason I compiled to exe at all was because I was getting at least -some- errors that way... within vge I wouldn't even get the getNearestMobs error, it'd just crash

Posted: April 20th, 2007, 8:55 am

stakfallt

ok I think I have all of my problems finally fixed! :) HURRAY! lol ok enough celebration... here's what I did.

1) rebooted into a clean environment where nothing has really been run yet, etc
2) uninstalled .not framework -- note I did NOT choose repair as repair is NOT the same as reinstall things get left out..
3) reboot. yes reboot
4) reinstall .not framework 2.0
5) there's a link somewhere in the forums here for a file named:
WindowsXP-Windows2000-Script56-KB917344-x86-enu.exe
download it and run it. Yeah I already know, wsh is included in XP.. I'm not here to state weither "assumables" (I know, not really a word) should work or not. just download it and run it.
6) You shouldn't need to reboot. I didn't... but everything should be fine now

oh also I have Spybot's Teatimer running and McAfee Entreprise 8.0 virusscan running on system tray. So those -should- be fine. Also some quick stats about my machine

Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz
2.5 gb of memory
ATI Radeon x700 Pro PCI-X 256 mb of obvr

That should help get people up and running if their having issues with vge crashing on just about any and all scripts

Posted: April 20th, 2007, 10:47 am

tault_stigma

Total Posts: 136
tault_stigma's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Be aware that if you close vanguard before closing VGE, it will crash when you close VGE later. This will leave it running on your system at 99% CPU until you force it to shut down via process manager.

if you try to start VGE again afterward and you didnt shut it down via process manager, then youl probably get that error message as VGE is still running even if it dosn't appear to.

-Stigma

Posted: April 20th, 2007, 11:08 am

stakfallt

well most of the behavioral study I did on what caused the crashes were all done mostly on a single instance of vanguard running continously, meaning like the only things getting closed was vge from the crashing, in other words I left vanguard running the entire time (As in it never crashed causing it to be closed before vge). But... that's good to know for possible future troubleshooting.. I'd advise anyone who is in the same predictament I was in, to keep at it don't give up. Needless to say I'm soooo glad I persevered (sp?) as just a radar alone is sooo worth the aggravation I had trying to figure out what was going on.

I'm wondering if another thread should be created just for solutions to crashes. Nothing script related just plain straight-out crashes and what the solutions are...

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online