taultunleashed logoThink I'm missing something. (crafting bot) : VGExtreme General Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 7 posts ] 
blue large dot

Think I'm missing something. (crafting bot) : VGExtreme General Discussion

Posted: January 4th, 2009, 12:50 am

twitchsa

Total Posts: 3
twitchsa's Reps: 1
I just started doing this again after a year of not playing vanguard. I seem to remember before I installed everything and while in vanguard I had this little box pop up and i hit like record and let it record my walking pattern from point a to point b and so on and tables, work order and merchants and etc. Then I would just click a play button.

Now that I came back I have downloaded Exhume and VGextreme and Crafting bot 1.1 since I can't get the 2. to work with vista 64. Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about and if so what it is im doing wrong/missing.

Posted: January 4th, 2009, 9:24 am

beergeek

Total Posts: 434
beergeek's Reps: 21
premium
1.1 navigation required a separate script to run to gather waypoints for each route segment, which were manually pasted into one of the bot's include files, along with some other changes. There was no single box where you'd walk between waypoints.

2.0 has the config functionality built-in, but you are correct in that it does not run on vista 64 (this is a limitation in the referenced vgextremeservice, not the bot program itself. i.e., I cannot fix it)

I still support 2.0, but not 1.1 which runs on the older vgextreme service. Neither service is supported by wyvernx anymore, although I know the newer one still works (haven't tried the older one in nearly a year). I do hope that if VG releases a patch with massive changes that affect code patterns around static offset pointers that wyv will at least fix the newer service to keep the craft bot running.

Posted: January 4th, 2009, 1:45 pm

twitchsa

Total Posts: 3
twitchsa's Reps: 1
Thank you for your answers, it was probably 2 i had before because i did not have 64 bit back then. I will prob just have to work on 1 and see if I can't get something working.

I had one more question I am sort of new to viper as well is it going to have a crafting bot to it or is it purely just hunting?

Posted: January 4th, 2009, 6:44 pm

beergeek

premium
viper is hunting and radar. I will continue to support the craft bot indefinitely, unless the service breaks and wyv is not willing to fix it. I don't think that will be an issue, though, since my bot is based on his newer service which I believe shares code with vg viper. If that is the case, it should be pretty simple to fix, except that he may need to rediscover some code patterns for offsets that aren't normally used in hunter bots.

Posted: May 6th, 2009, 5:54 am

lorddread

Total Posts: 19
lorddread's Reps: 4
premium
does that mean that crafting bot still works atm?

Posted: May 6th, 2009, 12:51 pm

beergeek

premium
It does now. However, you have to download the new vgextremeservice v2.1 found here:

http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/ab ... treme.html

The vgextremeservice posted in the craft bot thread no longer works.

So... to install, follow the instructions on the craft bot page, download 2.1, extract to the same location and overwrite any old files.

Posted: May 7th, 2009, 1:22 pm

lorddread

Total Posts: 19
lorddread's Reps: 4
premium
thanks beer. need to sub first but won't prob be till next week or so now.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online