taultunleashed logoVGExtreme.1.13.zip: Unexpected end of archive : VGExtreme General Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

VGExtreme.1.13.zip: Unexpected end of archive : VGExtreme General Discussion

Posted: October 9th, 2007, 2:12 am

trackmike
trackmike's Reps:
I've been trying to download the VGExtreme program today, and I keep having problems receiving the file. I've downloaded it a few times, and every time, the zip file gives me an "Unexpected end of archive" error. Is there something I can do to fix it? Is the file corrupted server-side? I'm using WinRAR and Windows XP, if that matters.

EDIT:
Upon closer inspection this morning, I don't seem to be downloading the entire file. I only seem to be downloading anywhere from 1-2.5 MB of the 2.9 MB file before the download manager claims the download to be complete. Tried IE instead of Firefox, keeps saying that the connection to the server has been reset before the download completes. Is there anything I can do on my end to fix this problem?

Posted: October 9th, 2007, 12:08 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Sounds like you are using a download helper.,. or have one installed. Uninstall it and try again.

You can also try downloading from IE or if you are using IE, try FireFox.

Posted: October 9th, 2007, 2:17 pm

trackmike
trackmike's Reps:
It's a problem I've had with both FireFox and IE, and on two different computers. Same network though. And no download helpers for me!

Posted: October 10th, 2007, 12:56 am

roerx69
roerx69's Reps:
I've also been trying to download the file as well, i'm simply just using IE no helpers, ive turned off the anti vir and the firewall just to be sure, but the downlaod gets to around 1 meg then says complete, when trying to unzip file ti says incomplete or corrupt file and canot open.....

pardon my typing. i suk lol

Posted: October 10th, 2007, 1:12 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Try deleting your internet cache. It is possible that it thinks its finished because it has a corrupted version in the cache.

Posted: October 11th, 2007, 3:46 am

roerx69
roerx69's Reps:
thx for the reply wyvernx, i went through the internet temp files and deleted everything, then tried downloading again, again same result, got about 1 meg b4 it would say completed, i had 2 buddies try it on their computers also to see if they could, they both have different internet service providers than i do, but they had the same issue, would only partially download. granted i live in japan, soemtimes that can cause issues. other than that i'm at a loss.

Posted: October 11th, 2007, 8:50 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Try now things should be working more smoothly.

Posted: October 12th, 2007, 1:20 am

roerx69
roerx69's Reps:
heya thx for the help but still havin the same issue, gets to about 1 meg then cuts off. ill try again soon after and get this error...ERROR: Flooding/Hacking detected - 4 downloads in the past 5 minutes (Maximum 3). Please wait a few minutes before you try to download.. so ill wait another 10 minutes or so and give it another shot, and then just cuts off again at 1.05 mb or around there. followed by another error if trying again right away hehe.

Posted: October 12th, 2007, 10:11 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/ab ... t_Now.html

Posted: October 13th, 2007, 12:59 am

roerx69
roerx69's Reps:
thx alot for whatever ya ended up fixing, i got the download and it completed properly. thx again now time to go learn alil somethin somethin :)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online