[ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

Wyvernx question for ya : VGExtreme General Discussion

Posted: February 27th, 2007, 2:10 pm

sinshar

Total Posts: 199
sinshar's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Does your MoveTo(xy) or MovetoMob() have any checks for blocks in the path?
I"m not at home so i don't know...

Posted: February 28th, 2007, 5:55 pm

xaraph
xaraph's Reps:
sinshar (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Does your MoveTo(xy) or MovetoMob() have any checks for blocks in the path?
I"m not at home so i don't know...

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that checking for collision objects in client memory given a specific trajectory would be incredibly difficult. Some games have built-in pathing functions that you could just hook into, but I don't think VG is one of them.

Posted: March 1st, 2007, 9:01 am

slam666

Total Posts: 1184
slam666's Reps: 1
premium
The function I use in EQ2Ultrabot that move you to a location does some check to make sure you dont get stuck, its not 100% full proof but normaly it does the job.

Author of EQ2Ultrabot, NOW WITH CRAFTING!!!
Read this before asking for help

Posted: March 1st, 2007, 12:04 pm

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
hey, Slam, I will check it out. Iwas thinking bout just checking thje x.y for Movement if none then just sorta navigate around a bit.
ANyhow while i got you here, how does your EQBOT2, use skills? I have the basics of a Vanguard Skills vbs file i been working on it may be usefull to incorprate into your ultra bot?
It has all the skills as objects then the perform skill () does all the proper checks So A combat seqence looks like this UIt has made working out routines for me rather painless, I am one navigate routine away from having a pefectly customizable hunter bot for any class. ( well i am going to add an array of waypoints(hunting grounds next).PM if your intrested in adding it.

if ( Perform_Skill ("Kick')' <> true ) then
log.Debug "failed to complete skill"

if ( Perform_Skill ("Malic IV')' <> true ) then

if ( Perform_Skill ("Some OtherSkill name')' <> true ) then

Posted: March 1st, 2007, 2:21 pm

slam666

Total Posts: 1184
slam666's Reps: 1
premium
sinshar (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
hey, Slam, I will check it out. Iwas thinking bout just checking thje x.y for Movement if none then just sorta navigate around a bit.
ANyhow while i got you here, how does your EQBOT2, use skills? I have the basics of a Vanguard Skills vbs file i been working on it may be usefull to incorprate into your ultra bot?
It has all the skills as objects then the perform skill () does all the proper checks So A combat seqence looks like this UIt has made working out routines for me rather painless, I am one navigate routine away from having a pefectly customizable hunter bot for any class. ( well i am going to add an array of waypoints(hunting grounds next).PM if your intrested in adding it.

if ( Perform_Skill ("Kick')' <> true ) then

if ( Perform_Skill ("Malic IV')' <> true ) then

if ( Perform_Skill ("Some OtherSkill name')' <> true ) then

I use a completely different way to use skill. I am currently porting eq2ultrabot to vgultrabot. My script has around 17000 lines so it is pretty complete, hunting, buffing, harvesting, waypoints etc.

Author of EQ2Ultrabot, NOW WITH CRAFTING!!!
Read this before asking for help

Posted: March 1st, 2007, 2:25 pm

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
Ok,,, figured i would offer it up anyhow.

I can't wait for it :)

Mine has so much work to go and i'm an amature..
Although i have sucessfully done almost all of level's 18 through 29 with it =)
its great while sleeping Muhahahah

I mean sleeping at the keys ofcourse.

Posted: March 7th, 2007, 10:04 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
In a near future version, I'm adding some very snazzy pathing routines into VGE. These will have obstacle avoid routines, path following, and also some "wander" routines. These will be based off of these:

Obstacle avoidance:
http://www.red3d.com/cwr/steer/Obstacle.html

Path Following:
http://www.red3d.com/cwr/steer/PathFollow.html

Wander:
http://www.red3d.com/cwr/steer/Wander.html

I'm still tweaking them., But those samples will show you how it will be implemented.

Posted: March 8th, 2007, 10:12 am

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
I can't see them from here at work but I like it.
Currently for obstical avoidance what i'm doing is In my Navigate function I make a call to
GetCurrentLocation() which sets My Current X,Y,Z and heading
Then I do a little run spurt, Then Capture new ones. and depending on the heading I make a rude calculation on which way i *THINK* it should have moved then After i figure out if i have moved less then i should have, i make a call to Navigate around object() which Does a little back pedeal, Sidestep and then attempts to move back.
It woroks some of the time.. but not all, I have recently added in Some log dumps with snapshots of all my Waypoints so i can see exccatly what is happening (i'm not to clever with locations_) so i made it so it shows me current, Then were i ended up, and what way i was facing so i can verify my formulas.

Once again, mine is Very crude.. hehe
I can't wait for real ones.

Posted: March 8th, 2007, 4:45 pm

tault_stigma

Total Posts: 136
tault_stigma's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
wyvernx (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
In a near future version, I'm adding some very snazzy pathing routines into VGE. These will have obstacle avoid routines, path following, and also some "wander" routines. These will be based off of these:

Obstacle avoidance:
http://www.red3d.com/cwr/steer/Obstacle.html

Path Following:
http://www.red3d.com/cwr/steer/PathFollow.html

Wander:
http://www.red3d.com/cwr/steer/Wander.html

I'm still tweaking them., But those samples will show you how it will be implemented.

Something liek that would be very impressive to pull off, but I think collision avoidance for example will be VERY hard to be able to pull off reliably.

Thankfully you dont generally need too much collision avoidane if you just plan ahead and scout the area a bit. Normally youl want to camp a spawn or something or atleast return to a position after a few kills so you dont just roam the whole world randomly. Given that, it usually isn't too hard to predict what obstables you might bump into on the way.

Some simple countermeasures can of curse be made by simply checking locs to see if you are actually moving ahead when you try to move forward for example. If not, the program can assume you are stuck on something, move back a bit, to the side a few steps, and try again. What's more, such an algorithm would be quite possible to make recursive, which would ability to sovle even large obstacles with some measure of sucess.

Of course, it can't beat more sofisticated methods like this wyvern shows, but such menthods definately will require a lot of difficult data mining from the client.

-Stigma

-Stigma

Posted: March 9th, 2007, 1:15 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
tault_stigma, in my routine, I keep track of every time the player gets "stuck" and add a collision object at that point and save it.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online