taultunleashed logoWorld of Tanks: M41 rules the world for 12 minutes : World of Tanks Discussions & Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

World of Tanks: M41 rules the world for 12 minutes : World of Tanks Discussions & Submissions

Posted: April 17th, 2012, 1:38 pm

Spitt

Total Posts: 745
Spitt's Reps: 718
premium
This is one of those battles, which while epic, becomes more epic when you can see what happened and believe it to be true. I played an M41, tier 5 Artillery. I had just upgraded my gun to the one which does 950 damage per shot. Note that it takes a while to load and then to aim. So the fact that I was able to get 6 kills, with a total of 18 shots, is a bit amazing for me. The last shot, which won the game, ran me out of shells. I didn't notice that, till the battle was over.

http://jumbofiles.com/1fjcra3wqnh5
(you need 7zip from 7zip.org, to extract the replay)
To open the replay, close World of Tanks completely, then double click on the file to open it. This will launch the replay browser.

After this battle, I was so eurphoric, I quit playing for the night.

Things to watch

• While seeking a position to place my SPG, I backed into it. This allows me to switch views at will, if someone needs help.
  • I knew there were tanks in certain areas, so I made sure to leave my view on the places, waiting for them to come into view again.
  • When our defenses on the Eastern side of the map were decimated, I moved my tank to a better defense position, again backing away and avoiding knocking down trees.
  • When the Tiger was trying to take our base, and could hit me, I rocked my tank forwards and back, to confuse the arty, as well as to make aiming more difficult for a shot at me.
  • For close up shots, I stay out of the Top Down view, as this then provides an advantage of being like a normal tank, with limited field of view.
  • When chasing the other SPG around rocks, I looked over the top of the rocks to see which way the arty was facing. Had he been backing away, he would have been able to take a shot at me.

If you Find this post helpful and didn't know about it before, please +Rep me... and I will continue to share as I find more.

Last edited by Spitt on August 10th, 2012, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: August 9th, 2012, 12:41 am

tanks13

Total Posts: 1
tanks13's Reps: 0
Spitt (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
This is one of those battles, which while epic, becomes more epic when you can see what happened and believe it to be true. I played an M41, tier 5 Artillery. I had just upgraded my gun to the one which does 950 damage per shot. Note that it takes a while to load and then to aim. So the fact that I was able to get 6 kills, with a total of 18 shots, is a bit amazing for me. The last shot, which won the game, ran me out of shells. I didn't notice that, till the battle was over.Fiction Fighters is a browser based card action game that looks very attractive thanks to its gorgeous graphics and comic book style gameplay.

World of Tanks boasts a huge map in global scope, on which players will for sure be able to experience the thickness of the tank war.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online