taultunleashed logoInvading other Realms! : DAOC Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

Invading other Realms! : DAOC Discussion

Posted: May 29th, 2007, 10:35 pm

sorcier
sorcier's Reps:
I once heard a couple years ago about a Alb... cant remember his name but he had told a story about his friend swimming to Midgard from Caer Gothwaite ocean area.. I took it upon myself to try it and i seemed to swim forever but i turned back... Can anyone else verify that you can indeed swim to Midgard as a Alb or Hib??

Seeing of course I swam forever im very curious that if it would be possible to accomplish or not :!:

Another story was that you could pull a certain plug out of your computer right as you got to a certain area to port into a enemy realm... I heard that a couple people were leveling in barrows (Famous Albion Dungeon!) and they were popped by 2 lurikeens... Not mobs but actual player keens.. I want to know if this could happen as well :!:

Any response is welcome :!:

Posted: April 19th, 2008, 2:24 pm

unidyne
unidyne's Reps:
You can swim to another realm's frontiers area without a boat. You cannot get inside another realm's normal zones. Although, at one time a long time ago, you could pass through the border keeps.

Posted: June 17th, 2008, 1:25 pm

venegasfd

Total Posts: 12
venegasfd's Reps: 1
"Another story was that you could pull a certain plug out of your computer right as you got to a certain area to port into a enemy realm... I heard that a couple people were leveling in barrows (Famous Albion Dungeon!) and they were popped by 2 lurikeens... Not mobs but actual player keens.. I want to know if this could happen as well"

This was a bug that happened awhile ago that Mythic has sinced fixed. The bug was that in your realm you would port into, say, Courascating Mines (Hib), but instead of the loading screen showing such, it would instead be Stonehenge Borrows (Alb), in turn that Lurikeen expecting to go to his Zone ended up in Alb zone. It has happened very few times though. The end result was the Luri saying "WTF?! Ooooh!" and so he stealthed and commenced wreaking havok on the unsuspecting Albions PvEing, whom, after they died, /appealed and the Luri's account was suspended for a few days for an in depth investigation by Mythic CSR's. It was found that Courascating Mines had a spazzie port hole. I hope that answers your question.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online