taultunleashed logoQuick Questions : DAOC Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

Quick Questions : DAOC Discussion

Posted: April 30th, 2006, 4:20 pm

yodhrin
yodhrin's Reps:
Hello there, Ill grab a moment of your time if you dont mind.

I am sick of playing MMOs the way people tell me I should play them. I like to roleplay, and nine times out of ten, no matter the game, that means I have to spend time that I could be interacting with people grinding myself into insensibility because a cool looking item for my character also has "leet" stats and costs the earth. Ive had enough of constant grinding ruining my enjoyment of what would otherwise be great games.

Im trying to reinvigourate my interest in the genre by A: trying a game I never have before and B: trying to bypass all the annoyances which have ruined my fun in the past. Xunleashed looks like it will fit the latter, and DAoC fulfills the former, but I have a few questions.

How up to date are the guides, tips and exploits usually? I can see that on some of the forums posts can be weeks old, but surely exploits and borderline-exploits are quickly discovered and hotfixed(I admit a lack of experiance in that area), so they would have to be updated very regularly to remain useful.

Next, I have little experiance with scripting and macros beyond the simple macro systems which sometimes come with MMOs(like WoW and SWG), so can Xunleashed be useful to me while I learn the ins and outs, ie, is there "plug and play"-style content for the novice user which will help remove some of the tedium of the level grind until I can focus some time on becoming a more advanced user? Or do you pretty much have to know how to script before you can make any use of the program?

Finally, is it likely the program will be updated to function with Warhammer Online? DAoC seems like fun, but it would appear many people intend to abandon the game if WO lives up to Mythic's promises, and I dont intend to be left behind.

Thanks.

Posted: May 1st, 2006, 5:40 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Xunleashed needs a revamp for exhume. Which is a program inside of xunleashed if you learn to script some commands exhume can be great for your DAOC experience if not then you will have to wait until we get some programmers back to working on exhume and DAOC.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online