taultunleashed logoNewest Info On Preorders and Forums From DF Team : DFO - General / Guide - Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 25 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Newest Info On Preorders and Forums From DF Team : DFO - General / Guide - Discussions

Posted: February 25th, 2009, 7:00 pm

sk420

Total Posts: 163
sk420's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
We’ve been waiting for the pre-orders to process through billing and it has been moving along but not fast enough. We’re almost done with this. Many of you will be getting notifications of this during this process. As soon as this is concluded we’ll process the accounts and open up the servers for the pre-orders. This will be done tonight; the game has been ready and waiting.

Unfortunately we’re running behind schedule as far as opening up the extra sales which we hoped to do tonight as well. We’ll do this tomorrow as early as possible, likely sometime around noon GMT time, around the time of our first scheduled maintenance. At this time we will also process the problematic accounts which had 0 euro problems, no charges, no balance, but received a successful pre-order message. We are also looking into the few cases that have pre-ordered but have not received a confirmation email and we will resolve all these issues. Most of these problems were due to a combination of lag, multiple sessions, and multiple charge attempts.

We want to thank you for your patience again, and we would like to let you know that we’re adding a couple more days to the free month of play making them 33 for everyone that pre-ordered and that will buy the game tomorrow. This is to make up for any bad experience with the account management, the lag and the delays you’ve had to face with purchasing.

The traffic volume we’ve been experiencing has been unbelievably high because of the initial rush and was compounded by users hammering the system with multiple sessions. You should also know that we have been doing everything necessary to resolve all these issues as soon as possible.

We’ll post again as soon as the server is open.

The forums will return shortly as well.

-The Darkfall Team

Posted: February 25th, 2009, 7:09 pm

elysium

Total Posts: 115
elysium's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
For up to date updates come sit with me and the developers on IRC

irc.stratics.com 6667

Devs are in chat room with us keeping us up to date.

Latest msg from Brannoc:

<Brannoc> We are currently processing all pre-orders and when that phase is complete the game servers will be available for play. The forums are offline temporarily while we make adjustments. The IRC channel will remain locked during this time.

Posted: February 25th, 2009, 7:17 pm

elysium

Active User > 50 Posts
<Signus> Everyone restart your clients.
<Signus> There's a patch out.

http://www.eu1.darkfallonline.com/dl/Darkfall_1035.exe

Posted: February 25th, 2009, 8:17 pm

elysium

Active User > 50 Posts
[14:15] <Brannoc> We’ve discovered a bug and are dealing with it, current ETA is 2 hours. We’ll keep you updated.

Server Status for testers: OFFLINE
Server Status for GMs: ONLINE
Server Status for master GMs: ONLINE
Server Status for Admins: ONLINE

Posted: February 25th, 2009, 8:21 pm

elysium

Active User > 50 Posts
"Update made at 4am GMT 2/26

A bug was discovered during final testing, and we need to resolve it before we can open up the servers. We didn’t want to launch to just say we launched. We can’t apologize enough for the long delay. The current ETA is 2 hours but it could be longer. We will launch as soon as possible and we will keep you updated.

We have extended the free month to 33 days to compensate for the inconvenience. Problems will occur from time to time but we need you to know that we’re committed to supporting this game to the best of our ability. It’s unfortunate that we facing these issues at launch, and we’ll do everything we can to make this up to you.

The Darkfall Team"

Posted: February 25th, 2009, 9:09 pm

sk420

Active User > 50 Posts
Brannoc - We've discovered a bug and are dealing with it, current ETA is 2 hours. We'll keep you updated.

This is official

and is one of most recent posted things on IRC

Posted: February 25th, 2009, 9:29 pm

elysium

Active User > 50 Posts
sk420 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Brannoc - We've discovered a bug and are dealing with it, current ETA is 2 hours. We'll keep you updated.

This is official

and is one of most recent posted things on IRC

Probably should read the thread before you post...

ps: that info is now over an hour old ;)

Posted: February 25th, 2009, 9:49 pm

defariak

Total Posts: 58
defariak's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
new update for client.
close your client you have open right now and re poen it so the new update kicks in heh

Posted: February 25th, 2009, 10:47 pm

sk420

Active User > 50 Posts
i was saying that i also read that is official and agreeing with you :)

2 Hours have passed since the last post and nothing yet after they saying 2 hours awaiting another excuse so that they gain more time =/

Posted: February 25th, 2009, 11:36 pm

4play28

Total Posts: 49
4play28's Reps: 0
Accounts have been activated for some people and servers are up. Not mine though since I am posting here.

Posted: February 25th, 2009, 11:39 pm

4play28

elysium (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

irc.stratics.com 6667

Latest msg from Brannoc:

<Brannoc> We are currently processing all pre-orders and when that phase is complete the game servers will be available for play. The forums are offline temporarily while we make adjustments. The IRC channel will remain locked during this time.

I REALLY appreciate you posting this, as I have been in the dark nearly ALL day on what is going on. My first time to use IRC, and I will remember this forever. Thanks man!

Posted: February 26th, 2009, 12:22 am

elysium

Active User > 50 Posts
sk420 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
i was saying that i also read that is official and agreeing with you :)

Ah my mistake ;)

4play28 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
elysium (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

irc.stratics.com 6667

Latest msg from Brannoc:

I REALLY appreciate you posting this, as I have been in the dark nearly ALL day on what is going on. My first time to use IRC, and I will remember this forever. Thanks man!

No worries, some one has to keep the DF community up to date ;)

4play28 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Accounts have been activated for some people and servers are up. Not mine though since I am posting here.

Just so you know I have 4 accounts that all received emails saying they have been charged $3 but NONE OF THEM can login yet even though alot of people can.

Posted: February 26th, 2009, 8:59 am

4play28

Yeah I honestly think they are taking the smart approach at this. It would have been bad if they actually had everyone ready at one time, and then said ok everyone can login in now...... That would have been really bad imo. They need to kinda let the water trickle in the gate not flood the gate. All that would do is make everyone unhappy. Would be nice to be playing, but it would be nicer if everything were working out alright on the server end.

Posted: February 27th, 2009, 11:34 am

4play28

I got an email yesterday saying that my credit card company did not let them charge the game, and so I changed my account to a new card.... today I got an email saying that the new card was charged! So, I got the game, and can now log in to see the servers are down. Just wanted to let anyone know..that is having preorder trouble.. that all is good. I think they are going to process all the preorders in time. I got the email that said you have been charged "euro" and actually never got charged. So when the servers go back up it is on like a chicken bone! :twisted:

Posted: February 27th, 2009, 5:27 pm

sk420

Active User > 50 Posts
7.00PM GMT

We've solved the problem some players in human areas were experiencing not being able to log back in after a crash. We're looking into an issue some players are reporting about getting an "account not active" message. Finally we have a handle on the issue that caused us to bring down the server the last time, and we're in the process of fixing it.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online