taultunleashed logoEVE guide, ways of making money with my opinion (long post) : EVE Online General Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 42 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

EVE guide, ways of making money with my opinion (long post) : EVE Online General Discussions - Page 2

Posted: September 28th, 2004, 2:57 pm

tault_xandlais
tault_xandlais's Reps:
Alright, I would like to point out something about the missile nerf:

Though the fact that you probably can't mount even one siege/torp launcher on a cruiser without sacrificing all other weapon/augmentations pretty much means they can't pack as heavy a punch as a bs using missiles, you can still deal respectable damage in a missile boat cruiser, like the caracal.

Since the caracal gives you +5% damage and speed to kinetic missiles per skill level, and if you're running it with 5 heavy launchers, that's a pretty heavy ammount of damage per missile, at nearly the speeds of a cruise missile(heavy missiles running at 1.2km/s base value.) And if you know your launcher recycle time, which any descent player should know for their specific setup of modules and skills, you can lay down a consistant stream of 100+pts of damage per hit on a target. This definitely won't take down a battleship if you're by yourself, since they probably have enough defensive options to shrug that off for long enough to leave you in your pod, throw in two or three other ships at your side, similarly configured, or fitted for support roles, you can be quite effective.

Admittedly the only race that grants bonuses to missiles on any of their ships(kestrel and caracal, not sure about the bs's) are the caldari. Mind you I could be wrong on that, as I haven't heavily researched the other races for this factor. So if you're into missiles of any kind for the ship-class you fly, consider learning caldari if you don't fly their ships.

Of course another thing to consider. If you've only trained your missile skills high enough to use the missile type you're fitting, train them higher. I believe each skill gives +5% damage for the missile per missile class skill level. Stack that with the bonuses of a missile-boat ship, and you're looking at a higher damage ratio coming from you, than from the multi-role ship with one or two cruise/torp launchers running.

This game is all about balancing your effectiveness, when it comes to the skills/ships. What's the point to getting in a ship that gives bonuses to mining output and only using miner I's and not having mining to lvl 4 at least? Get in that same ship, with as many miner II's as you can, max your mining skills and watch as your mining rate rockets past the guy in the other ship next to you, who's got more mining lasers. Example: osprey vs thorax- osprey: 3 turret slots, fit miner II's, with mining/astro 5 gives you 112.5m3/laser/min of ore for a total of 337.5m3/minute with only 3 miner II's. a thorax with the same mining skills, and all five high slots using miner II's gives 93.75m3/laser/minute for a total of 468.75m3/minute of ore. while the thorax will still come out ontop given the same skills, consider that not everyone mining in a thorax will have maxed mining skills. I'm not sure off hand if the osprey's +20% to mining output is a static, or per ship skill level. if it is, then the the osprey would come out on top for mining rates.

Anyway, sorry for the little side-track into mining there. But that's what I've got.

Posted: September 28th, 2004, 6:09 pm

Tault_heffy666

Total Posts: 66
Tault_heffy666's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Tault Community (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
i was just wondering what setup you would advise for an armour tanked megathron. This is the one i am running now.

Hi Slots: 4x Neutron Blaster Cannons, 1x Electron Blaster Cannon(will be 2 once electronics 5 finishes) 2xSeige Launchers with torps.

Med slots: 100mn MWD, 2x Cap Rechargers, Tracking Computer 1

Low slots: 1x co processor, explosive armour hardner, kintetic hardner, thermal hardner, armour repairer, 2x tech 2 Tracking Enhancers.

I'de like anyones opinion on how i can improve on this. TY

well instead of the armor hardeners I would recommend using a nano something it adds 20% to each armor stat.

hef

Posted: October 11th, 2004, 12:51 am

tault_rez2k4
tault_rez2k4's Reps:
k this is the place for easy cash rite well i kno a gr8 place 2 mine

perimeter if u mine scordite u can make more profit than omber coz omber is almost 6 times more in volume and only 4 times the sell price so do the math scordite is better than omber!!!!!

oh ye this is goin of the omber sellin for 48 isk and scordite 10.10isk

Last edited by Guest on October 14th, 2004, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: October 11th, 2004, 12:58 am

tault_rez2k4
tault_rez2k4's Reps:
xandlais (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Example: osprey vs thorax- osprey: 3 turret slots, fit miner II's, with mining/astro 5 gives you 112.5m3/laser/min of ore for a total of 337.5m3/minute with only 3 miner II's. a thorax with the same mining skills, and all five high slots using miner II's gives 93.75m3/laser/minute for a total of 468.75m3/minute of ore. while the thorax will still come out ontop given the same skills, consider that not everyone mining in a thorax will have maxed mining skills. I'm not sure off hand if the osprey's +20% to mining output is a static, or per ship skill level. if it is, then the the osprey would come out on top for mining rates.

k well thought id point out each minner 2 on mining lvl 4 and only that gives 72 m3 per min

i currently use an osprey and i hav 3 miner 2s and ive got mining lvl 4 and cruiser lvl 3 and im doin 115.2 m3 per min thats 345.6 overall a thorax with the same skills does 360m3 overall

so 2 answer ur question yes the ospreys bonus is ship skill related when i get cruiser lvl 4 in 5 days ill b mining faster than a thorax with the same mining skills as me

Last edited by Guest on October 14th, 2004, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: October 11th, 2004, 4:04 am

tault_xandlais
tault_xandlais's Reps:
I'm sorry, but anyone who just sells ore is dumb. Refine the ore at a station with at least 50% efficiency for refining, and you'll be coming out ahead from just selling the ore.

Posted: October 11th, 2004, 6:05 am

tault_rez2k4
tault_rez2k4's Reps:
refining scordite is dumb m8 u get tritanium and pyrite lol trust me ive refined 2 c which is better and its seelin the ore, same with plagioclase, only 1 of the newb ores i can think of that is worth refinin is veldspar other than that nope id sell the ore ud make more money trust me

Posted: October 11th, 2004, 4:32 pm

tault_xandlais
tault_xandlais's Reps:
what's your refining and refining effeciency at?

Posted: October 11th, 2004, 8:21 pm

tault_rez2k4
tault_rez2k4's Reps:
well i dont refine mine i get a corp member 2 do it and hes got lvl 5 on refinin skills

and even he says sellin scordite raw makes more profit and omber sucks refined aswell and hes been playin for over a year easily

Last edited by Guest on October 14th, 2004, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: October 12th, 2004, 3:39 am

tault_xandlais
tault_xandlais's Reps:
well you both must be doing something wrong then, because I make way more refining and selling the minerals from any ore than I do by selling the ore outright. of course I also will haul the minerals to wherever the highest bid is, if it's not at the station I'm working from.

Posted: October 12th, 2004, 1:33 pm

tault_rez2k4
tault_rez2k4's Reps:
thats y then some of us cba haulin it although my m8 has an iternon mk5 that can haul an entire can

where we mine is where we sell its simpler and in the long run can make more money weve made sumin like 30 mil in 1 day and thats in 1 belt mining scordite so it aint bad selin the ore if u kno where 2 sell it

Posted: November 9th, 2004, 6:14 pm

tault_nimrodz
tault_nimrodz's Reps:
Been in the mining buss. for some time now and have to say that doing that little extra by refining and then hauling makes $..ts load more money. Especially with marketing skill being implimented in Shiva, you wont need to haul anymore.

Posted: March 21st, 2005, 10:26 pm

tault_rogue element
tault_rogue element's Reps:
hey nice read,you say you trained an "ALT" to fly ships what are these and how is it done?

you can eve mail me rogue element

thanks

Posted: April 5th, 2005, 3:00 pm

tault_juanfermin
tault_juanfermin's Reps:
rez2k4 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
thats y then some of us cba haulin it although my m8 has an iternon mk5 that can haul an entire can

where we mine is where we sell its simpler and in the long run can make more money weve made sumin like 30 mil in 1 day and thats in 1 belt mining scordite so it aint bad selin the ore if u kno where 2 sell it

Usually the best places to mine, also have the lowest prices on the Minerals. your best course of action would probably be to mine as long as possible, and when you're done, refine the ore, then transport it to a place that's paying more for the stuff. Keep in mind that many times you can get 2 to 3X better prices just by moving the refined minerals by a jump or 2.

Posted: April 5th, 2005, 5:07 pm

tault_rider
tault_rider's Reps:
When mining always be sure you haul it to a station with a factory its best place to put it on market even in not so populated sectors. When there is enough there with right prices on it people will come for it.

Posted: April 27th, 2005, 6:53 pm

tault_chaotic gammer
tault_chaotic gammer's Reps:
Wow was that really needed?, i don't think anyone cared how so-and-so spelled, and it's actually rude to correct someone who's trying to help you...although errors were an abundance, he did, or she did..type a fully loaded EVE player guide, i'd like to see anyone try somthing like that. and come out clean (typo free)..

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online