taultunleashed logoGreat IDEAs for EVE ONLINE..KIK AS* GAME : EVE Online General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 42 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

Great IDEAs for EVE ONLINE..KIK AS* GAME : EVE Online General Discussions

Posted: January 20th, 2004, 9:13 am

tault_cakos
tault_cakos's Reps:
Hi every one this is my first post to this site... i will also keep posting the new ideas that ill get to share with all of you..
first of all lets start of with Super 0.0 npc pak mining...
well the patch CCP had made the .0 pirates incredibly strong, in a way that they can take down 2 Battleships or more.. well here is a hreat idea to sharpshoot them one by one.. works great!!
you warp in belt using 50 km away.. you drop a can out side and you distance from it for another 30 k .. thats nearly 80 Km.. so you drop another can and bookmark it .. do this to as many belts as you like to hunt. then just warp belt to belt.. sharpshooting single ships.. because you are far away they cannot detect you .. and also if you shoot at one ship it will try to come near you (but it will only one ship)
so in this way you can single sharpshoot every pirate in the belt and move to the next one,,,
GREAT IDEA huh??

Thx for reading ... ill keep posting ideas.. Keep looking .. Have fun and fly safe 8)

Posted: January 20th, 2004, 11:45 am

tault_harnden
tault_harnden's Reps:
Good tip, I gather you have to anchor your cans or can you use any jettisoned can?

How about a definitive technique to stop PVP killings I,m fed up loosing my scorpion to smaller ships, its beyond a joke.

Posted: January 20th, 2004, 1:54 pm

tault_cakos
tault_cakos's Reps:
well u can use any jess... anything that you wouldnt like would keep :D ... the bookmark is important..

i had a Q from you... i donno know how is it possible but i know some people kill BS with cruisers.. personally im shocked... but there are alot of things to stop you from getting killed....
i have tried many things to work my way around PVP pirates.. see ive been around PVP and killers all my EVE life :D.. there isnt a single trick they do that i wouldnt know.. if you can stand a chance against a ship ,well fight it. also here's some tips to avoid Dieing

* check in local for pvp killers (-sec stat or pirate corp)

* when ur bussy with hunting make sure you do the method i said earlier so you have time to run away if anyone warped in

*first of all dont wait around PVP chars because they CAN KILL You.. so always ALWAYS run away..
BS pireates rarly fight BS cuz their threat but cruisers will go for BS cuz their wirth at most 6 mill
THATS RULE #1 ALWAYS RUN FROM DANGER

*always have more than 1 WC stablizers..
BUT the better thing that works is to set Destination lets say for the next solar syst then you watch out for PVPs.. as soon as they come you ACTIVATE AUTO PILOT.. that will initiate warp before they can scramble you ... it worked for me

* also if you how ever got into a fight always have MWD to orbit and run away from hostile ship .. cruisers stick them selves to you and shoot you with out getting shot. so you must use ORBIT SHIP to stay 30 km away.. and then u can use MWD and shoot them

anyways these are some basic things i hope it helped :D

Posted: January 20th, 2004, 6:42 pm

tault_kronos
tault_kronos's Reps:
Good Trick, Thanx :)

Posted: January 20th, 2004, 9:27 pm

tault_cakos
tault_cakos's Reps:
no problemmo guys.. just ask anything.. ill be here :D

Posted: January 20th, 2004, 10:03 pm

tault_cakos
tault_cakos's Reps:
no problemmo guys.. just ask anything.. ill be here :D

Posted: January 21st, 2004, 6:37 am

tault_cakos
tault_cakos's Reps:
NOTE: pirates now use alt chars to trik people in solarsyst to reveal their hiding spot or ask you to help them.. NEVER trust anyone you dont know in local or anywhere else.. DOnt gang up with someone for no reason.. pirates invite you to gang in local so they can warp to you.. BEWARE...
Fly safe

Posted: January 21st, 2004, 6:43 am

tault_cakos
tault_cakos's Reps:
GUYS i just got a cool stat which i use to get safe hiding spots in 0.0.. WORKS AMAZINGLY great for me ..i was sitting in a .0 solarsystem with 20 KILLER PIRATES for 2 hrs making fun ofem and saying that how they can never get me lol... they searched every planet and moon but i was hidden..
This is how it works :

you put smth that will drain you cap power example shield boosters or MWD.. go to a belt and activate it for no reason.. let you power cap dry out.. then try to warp to any Moon or planet..
watch this***in middle of the way your ship stops in NO where EMPTY SPACE because you ran out of power :D.... so you just drop something form Cargo (jess can) and bookmark it....that bookmark is where you wil warp everytime your in danger.. pirates might see the direction but they will never know you have a MID highway hiding spot..
(there is a way for pirate to counter this but that will not be disscussed because ... :D )

Posted: January 30th, 2004, 8:50 am

tault_lord zap
tault_lord zap's Reps:
A pirate can counter-act the above post if he has team mates. But only if the the target doesn't move from his empty space hiding spot.

If you really want to hide from people place two empty space BMs (BoomMarks). Keep warping inbetween them and nobody will find you.

Posted: February 2nd, 2004, 10:54 am

tault_cakos
tault_cakos's Reps:
Yo lord Zap is that your char in eve from the MoO corp?? :D

Posted: February 2nd, 2004, 10:58 am

tault_cakos
tault_cakos's Reps:
I just got a great ovo strat.. created by my own.. this works with any good lvl 2 bs... (lvl 1 is weak)
use 5 Large smartbombs and 3 L Power steal..use MWD to go close range .. Stasis and scramble the ship and keep oN BOMBIN :D
it works on 1 on 1 you'll be doin 1200+ dmg on every attack cycle of the bombs

also works great against massive .0 frig pirates
Warning: this strat does not work against death squads

Posted: February 3rd, 2004, 5:40 am

tault_cakos
tault_cakos's Reps:
NEW ITEM**
Quick strat to get out of a SG blockade... this is for people who are new in eve.. if you happen to drop in a solarsyst where the gate is begin blocked by pirates, dont try to click on warp again and again.. when you get scrambled its very hard to get out of it..
choice 1 = Get at least 3 WarpCore stabalizers.(i do nto suggest this if your a fighter because you'll be wasitn g your Low slots)
choice 2= Have a MWD for suitable ship that your in.. when ever you find your self blocked WMD (micro warp drive) to the gate and jump.. there is no one that can stop you :D
NOTE: u gotto do it quick..before your shield or structure drop down. i just got away from 6 Battleship fireing at me.. well i took ALOT of dmg , but.. hey i still have my raven :D
HAVE FUN

By the way GUYS post your ideas here ... or just give comments like out good friends LORD ZAP.. (dangerous guy in eve (dont go near him) lol)
hehe ....thats it for now... Ciao

Posted: February 8th, 2004, 1:24 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Cakos, you have a lot of good tips here, however, if you don't mind, I would like to add onto this a bit.

I am the head of the Exploration and Trading department in the Soban Industries corp, so I beleive there is very little danger that I have not seen yet, and I have used very similar strats and tips that you post here.

Just to give you an idea of what I have run into in the past 4 months of exploring, I have successfully run 32 pirate blockades (with many many more to come), each one consisting of anywhere from 1 battleship to 4 battleships and 6 cruisers, all of which locked onto me, some of which warp scrambled me, and i never lost my shield. I am even responsible for the death of a battleship and 4 cruisers, when i didn't have a single gun on my ship :D. Also, this was a NPC rat so its unlikely that it will happen during PVP, but i have destroyed a blackbird NPC pirate with its own missiles. I have also wasted 6 hours of a group of player pirates' time one day when i teased them and ran from them in the system (i was even AFK for almost 2 hours and when i came back they were still gettin pissed yellin at each other to hurry up and find me). As a result of that, i counted almost some 100 inocent people that i don't even know, pass through the system safely, when they normally would have been destroyed :D.

Anyway, what you post are all good tips, and I use most of them myself all the time, but there is a few things that I would like to add that may help you out a bit more.

To start off with, you don't even need to jettison a can to bookmark a point in space :). I used to do it all the time myself, until i discovered that just by flying to a location in space I can add a bookmark to the coordinates.
This is how: Fly to the location that you want to place a bookmark, and then click on "People and Places" in the left side toolbar. In that window, go to the "Places" tab and at the bottom of the screen is an "Add Bookmark" button. Click that button and name the bookmark whatever you want, and when you hit ok it will create a bookmark at that location. This can help you when you said to go to a belt and drain your cap and then warp to a far away location, because going to that belt could be a risk that is not worth taking. This is where mid-warp bookmarks come in :). The best way for me to explain this is by giving an example. Ok, say there is a planet about 17AU away from you. Start warping to that planet and use the "Add Bookmark" button to open up a bookmark window. Name the bookmark whatever you want, and once you are about half way to the planet, in the middle of warp, click ok. It will place the bookmark at the location you were at when you clicked ok, no matter where you were when you clicked the "Add Bookmark" button. Then, once you get out of warp, just warp to the location bookmark that you just added, and you have created yourself a safe spot out in the middle of no where :). I usually create 2 or 3 of these if there are pirates in the system looking for me, that way I can just warp back and forth, and even if they "warp-dance" (warping from object to object placing bookmarks to get closer and closer to you) they will never find you.

I also use that to explore asteriod belts in deep space. I place a bookmark out in the middle of no where, and warp to it. Then, if I am all alone in the system, I eject from my ship at that bookmark I made, and use my pod to fly from belt to belt taking notes of roids. I do this simply because NPC pirates will not attack pods :D. There are down sides to this though.. such as the very slow speed, and not being able to use a survey scanner to see how much ore is in the roids. I keep an eye on local, and every time somebody enters the system (if it is 0.0 - 0.4) i warp back to my ship, even if its just some normal guy passing through (don't wanna take any chances ;)).

And by the way, on your first post, I like that idea, ive never thought about that :).

I usually fly a Tristan with 2 Microwarp drives (sometimes 3) when I explore, and I have run many pirate blockades and have never lost my shield. Most of the ships have locked onto me but not had a chance to fire, but the ignorant ones who did fire ended up hitting the gate, and getting a nice ownage from the sentry guns :D. When I do use 3 Microwarp drives (takes a decent bit of training and modifying to get them to fit), I am able to hit currently 31,200m/s for a split second, soon to be closer to 35km/s. That kind of speed is pointless when approaching stargates, but when running from people, its priceless 8). With 3 microwarp drives, I can be out of sight of somebody in 5 seconds.

Anyway, im sorry for the huge post :P, i have more strats and tips I use a lot, but i mainly keep them within my corp. I don't mind sharing some more later though.

One last thing though... about when you said how you can't imagin how cruisers can take out Battleships... i thought the same thing, until i saw what this military buff in my corp is capable of. He is one skilled and brave guy, and he has destroyed a Scorpian in his Caracal, and knows how to take out a battleship with 4 Kestrel frigates.

Posted: February 8th, 2004, 1:25 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
lol oh my God i didn't even know i typed that much...... im sorry! lol

Posted: February 11th, 2004, 7:27 am

tault_cakd
tault_cakd's Reps:
hiigara, you can still put 3 MWDs in a Frigate after they changed the ABs and MWDs?

little EVE-background on me here....
I've been playing EVE since July, and haven't really engaged much PvP. I've escaped from death a couple of times, but died once by Playboy Bunny - only cause i was dumb enough to AFK travel right after Castor update in 0.0 :P. I was getting ready for my soccer game :P. That was costly, not cause it was a rupture, but cause I had some rare mods in it and 3 implants plugged in.

Recently barely escape from being killed by EvilJohn in 0.3 - i was in a shuttle. I learned my lesson. From now on, i'm running the Rifter (described below) everywhere. I'm still pretty scared when I'm confronted. I don't mind losing ships. But I hate dying :P. I'd love to do some "honest" frigate dogfighting, where your pod is safe.

Anyways, my current "fast" frigate is a Rifter, with a 10MN Afterburner and a 1MN MWD. using a Micro Aux PC, Engineering5, I have 55MW in use on the frigate. Top speed that I get with it is bout 13km/s (nav4, ac3, frig4). And sustainable for about 40 seconds. I haven't tried using two 1MN MWDs on it.

I like using bigger afterburners on smaller ships, because you don't lose the Shields and Cap like you do when using an MWD. The only problem with my approach is powergrid.

What's your guys' 2 cents on this?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online