taultunleashed logoKilled in Ammold using macro...?? How does that work : EVE Online General Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 30 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

Killed in Ammold using macro...?? How does that work : EVE Online General Discussions - Page 2

Posted: September 20th, 2005, 4:34 pm

hwinkels

Total Posts: 3
hwinkels's Reps: 0
What results do you get when you scan a ship besides the player name? Does it say what the ship is outfitted with and armor and all that? Can you see what cargo he has or how much isk he has?

Posted: September 21st, 2005, 10:25 am

mystakilla
mystakilla's Reps:
When you scan a ship it shows you whats in the cargo bay, it kind of comes in handy, you can tell if they are carrying any missiles or what not and what kind in case they use them on ya. :lol:
As for isk, no it doesnt tell you this nor do you get any when you kill someone, unless they have a bounty on them.

Posted: November 17th, 2005, 1:16 am

katanaseiko
katanaseiko's Reps:
well, you need to bounce your ship into mine more than once before i'm starting to complain in local... usually im just asking for a suicide killer from my corp... and i LOVE shooting down those red-blinking guys :D

Posted: January 18th, 2006, 9:41 pm

caledric
caledric's Reps:
Feel free to bump my ship :) the moment you fire your first shot I'll release my bevy of drones to take care of you.

Posted: January 18th, 2006, 9:47 pm

caledric
caledric's Reps:
Feel free to bump my ship :) the moment you fire your first shot I'll release my bevy of drones to take care of you.

Posted: January 19th, 2006, 10:59 pm

gary1969
gary1969's Reps:
teshuj (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
tault_wtfhaxpum (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I don't think there are any rats in 1.0 space.
I've seen them spawn in 1.0 before actually. I thought maybe it was a bug but I asked someone at the time because it suprised me and they said they can spawn in 1.0 too but its just kinda rare.

:twisted: If you ever micro mine again you might take everything out of your selected items list except the type of ore you are mining, so you won't locke on anyone by accident. I locked on one of those patrol ships once and opened fire with my mining lasers. I was lucky it did not destroy me. That's more than likely what happened except
for a Macro Patrol Ship spotting you.

Posted: January 23rd, 2006, 2:43 pm

bladefox00
bladefox00's Reps:
Well, just for the record, mining is by far not the only way to make cash when you start out, just the simplest (and macro-mining is obviously the only one you dont actually have to be there for).

When you started out you should have been given a tutorial agent. If you run a few missions for them it'll boost your standing with their corp (and faction) to the point that you can get better agents, who pay more/give harder missions. (missions include such things as moving cargo from place to place and blowing up npc rats, easier rats and smaller cargos on the lower level missions)

You can also try trading. If you look on the market there are a number of NPC buy and sell orders for various trade goods. Find a sell order that is lower priced than a buy order for the same item somewhere else and you can buy that item, drop it in your cargo, fly to the other place, and sell it at a profit. This process seems simple but it isn't really practical to automate it since the buy and sell order prices change as people fill them. Still, you can make lots of money. I gave my alt 5 mil and a hauler and in two days he was up to 20 mil just from some mostly afk autopilot flying around and a little bit of legwork in finding good trades.

Posted: February 26th, 2006, 1:14 am

fohat333
fohat333's Reps:
BTW AFK mining and micro mining is not the same thing.... There is nothing wrong that I can see with AFK mining.... you set up a Mark II turn on your minner and go fix a Hot Dog and chips ..... And I still would not know if you bumped into me... I sometime fly long jumps AFK as well.

Posted: March 2nd, 2006, 5:23 am

youaredead
youaredead's Reps:
if someone is AFK mining in a Badger 2 thats not cheating because it take 2 hours to fill the cargo, but if the badger 2 warps away and unloads thencomes back to the same spot and mines the roid then thats a Deffo Macro.

Posted: March 5th, 2006, 10:29 am

caledric
caledric's Reps:
or just someone who checks back on his badger every 30 or so minutes. I do this with my Bestower on my alt, I know it takes about an hour and 15 minutes for me to fill it with a miner 2. So I check every 30 minutes.

Posted: March 13th, 2006, 9:55 am

urtoast
urtoast's Reps:
r u some of guys crazy or jsut noobs? any ways here are some reasons it couldn't have been his accidental fault by using mining lasers:
1. Mining lasers are for mining NOT for pvping, miners cant even activate while u have a NPC or a person locked and have it so the mienr will fire at the npc or person.

2. A concord message would have come up saying something like " Continuing with this action will result in a loss of security status and concord officals will take actions in their own hands, then theres 2 buttons continur or cancel. the only reason y this wouldn't have come up is if hes already pvp'd and clicked the dont show me this again thing, but even at that i doubt he even had a gun on his frig considering its a 1.0 so rats dont spawn, and he would most likley have 2 mienrs on to make it go faster,

If u were in a deadspace whoever this might b ur reason cuz rast do spawn there in a 1.0

Posted: April 1st, 2006, 10:44 am

eagerd
eagerd's Reps:
If you didnt notice Toast this blog is 2yrs old. :lol:

Posted: April 1st, 2006, 7:39 pm

urtoast
urtoast's Reps:
well it was near top so i repllied DUH :roll:

Posted: April 6th, 2006, 4:39 am

es3178
es3178's Reps:
I agree that bot mining defeats the whole purpose and I am not complaining about killing bot miners.

BUT, I will let my miner start mining and take care of something else, like my baby crying, and then come back after 3-5 minutes to find out that I have been shot down by morons who think I am bot mining.

It is infuriating and frustrating to say the least, esspecially when I am in 0.9 or 1.0 areas.

It is a fun game. Unfortunately there are bot miners and vigilantes who ruin the experience for people who are trying to be successful in the game.

If people want to be bumholes then they will be bumholes I guess.

Posted: April 8th, 2006, 7:57 am

fohat333
fohat333's Reps:
[b]And AFK is not the same as macro mining, I mine with a BC or BS and a lot of time start them mining then go fix something to eat or get a beer or take a RR break.... So mind your own business, I payed good money for that ship and to play the game, MY WAY not yours... and FYI I have never macro.[/b]

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online