newtopic  postreply
 [ 477 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 32  Next
blue large dot

EVE Macro: MAX-COTE Miner : EVE Online Nerfed Info - Page 7

Posted: August 13th, 2005, 10:16 pm

upallnite
upallnite's Reps:
Deleted...

Last edited by Guest on September 25th, 2005, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: August 13th, 2005, 10:52 pm

altus1
altus1's Reps:
hi guys,
I just started Eve and figured I'd come see what macros were available. I think this macro you've created looks great! I'm having a bit of a problem with it though. I've looked through the thread trying to find an answer but I've been unseccessful.

Everything starts up great but when it gets to the charecter select window it automaticaly selects charecter #2. It appears as though it checks my charecter name via a mouse loc and right after that it shoots to position 2. Position 2 is empty so it tries to create a new char. If I manualy select my char it gets into the game and opens my cargo and keeps poping up a box asking me my char name. I notice fire mentioned a simlar problem at one point but I didn't see a solution. If you could give me any pointers I'd greatly appreciate it. I look forward to playing w. this script and Eve.
Thanks,
Alt

/edit

So something is weird.. I was having the same problem and it went through positions 2 and again with 3 and kept poping up the username screen. So I selected the text in the game that it was attempting to read and pasted it in (still looking the same) and bingo! It worked great.

After that I was AMAZED at how many things it configured in the game! SO it opened up my PandP menu and it happened to re-sort the locations and my home system was now located on the bottom of the list. Then it keep cycling through my locations and opening the menu but it would never do anything. I think that this is all pixel related and I hope that by debugging it with screen loupe it will all work. Intersting thing is that my main system is on an AMD. I'm about to test it on an Intel system and I'm hoping it will work. Fire, is your system at work an Intel? Thanks again and I appreciate the work. Very cool maco

Posted: August 14th, 2005, 3:00 am

firelord1973
firelord1973's Reps:
**Snip** to keep the thread size down

Last edited by Guest on August 16th, 2005, 2:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Posted: August 14th, 2005, 8:00 am

altus1
altus1's Reps:
Trying to run it on my Intel system didn't work.

Everything seems to be working great other than getting it to jump to a location. It just keps going through the people and places list. How do I enable the logging feature so I can e debug it?

Posted: August 14th, 2005, 9:16 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Altus,
Add space to beginning of your station name to insure sorting works.
Log- right clik on macro name, select macro properites, you will see logging tab, need to fill in location AND name of log file such as > c:\my documents\eve macro\Max_Cote.log <

Posted: August 14th, 2005, 9:36 am

firelord1973
firelord1973's Reps:
**SNIP**

Last edited by Guest on August 31st, 2005, 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: August 14th, 2005, 9:37 am

altus1
altus1's Reps:
thanks Buck - I'm gonna go see what I can find with the log.

One question about the name copy text... why have it do the name copy text at all. Why not specify a point in the middle of char 1,2 or 3 and have it go there as per your char selection?

adios,
alt

Last edited by Guest on August 14th, 2005, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: August 14th, 2005, 9:38 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
snip

Last edited by Guest on October 31st, 2005, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: August 14th, 2005, 10:37 am

upallnite
upallnite's Reps:
Deleted...

Last edited by Guest on September 25th, 2005, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: August 14th, 2005, 11:11 am

firelord1973
firelord1973's Reps:
Ok now im getting somewhere, Clicking on 250,367 to bring the menu up on mine gives me a 1 pixel misalinment problem with the T at 300,390 301,390 being the correct colour placement. If I move the whole EVE windows 10 to the left and click the same positions 250,367 and check 300,390 301,390 it is still out by the same amount,

The logic of this tells me the menu is being created 1 pixel diffrent in position on our systems. its not the position of the window or the PNP windows its the menu that is out.

Also check my PNP and it snap to the side with 1 pixel diffrance if you move it over it just snaps back in place again to the bar.

The next question is, why is the windows poping in a diffrent position.
becuase that is what is happening, is it our mouse pointers that are diffrent ?

Last edited by Guest on August 16th, 2005, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: August 14th, 2005, 12:14 pm

altus1
altus1's Reps:
hi upallnight,
I fixed the charecter issue by using the text that is displayed in the game. I have that hardcoded in the script and it works fine. It's not a lag issue or a copy/paste of the game text would not fix it. maybe I typed it wrong or something (although I know the answer to the problem is not that simple).

The real problem I am having is getting it to jump to a location. It just scrolls through the locations opening the right mouse options but then does nothing.

Posted: August 14th, 2005, 1:31 pm

firelord1973
firelord1973's Reps:
**SNIP**

Last edited by Guest on August 31st, 2005, 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: August 14th, 2005, 1:58 pm

upallnite
upallnite's Reps:
Deleted...

Last edited by Guest on September 25th, 2005, 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: August 14th, 2005, 2:36 pm

altus1
altus1's Reps:
hey fire,
Thanks, that worked great. The only thing that is happeneing now is that once it arrives at a mining destination it doesn't mine. It's just warping to the next spot. It seems to check something on the right side of the screen before it decides to move to the next location. Any ideas?

thanks for the tips,
alt

/edit

duh, just finished reading upallnite's post above and that's exactly the problem I'm having. I can't mine. Fire, did you edit another portion of the code to make this work temperarly?

As far as the locations you mentioned earler in the post upallnite, they all had the expected values you previously mentioned.
Looking forward to testing the new code, let me know if there's anything I can help with.
Thanks,
alt

Posted: August 14th, 2005, 3:31 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
We will get this stable one way or another.

Buck

Last edited by Guest on October 31st, 2005, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online