taultunleashed logoEVE Secret: Mine 0.0 Space Since First Day In The Game : EVE Online Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

EVE Secret: Mine 0.0 Space Since First Day In The Game : EVE Online Submissions

Posted: January 10th, 2008, 10:36 am

pagrio
pagrio's Reps:
Ahem, so this is my guide.

First, make sure you are in a newbship with basic miners, or something higher if you want to play it risky. the newbship CAN support Miner 2's.

Okay, now find yourself a 0.0, it should have many asteroid belts. You can check this by putting your mouse over the system's star.

Try to make your way there without being killed. To do this, DO NOT use autopilot. Keep your camera zoomed out to a degree.

Choose warp to 0 to get to the next stargate. as soon as warp is over, click jump, so as to minimize the amount of time spent vulnerable..

Okay, now once you are in your system war somewhere. While in warp, make a bookmark. Name it jetcan. Warp somwherelse and make another. Call it Jetcan Maker.

Okay, now warp to the bookmark called jetcan. Once there, open up people and places, aswell as your cargohold. Drag and drop jetcan maker into your cargohold.

Jettison Jetcan Maker. You now have a Secure Jetcan. You can now mine.

A NOTE ON JETCANS:

Jetcans have a huge ammount of cargo capacity, so you can mine quite a bit. However they explode after 72 minutes. They never survive a server sutdown.

To fix this problem, name you jetcan the time. Once around 60 minutes have passed, drag Jetcan Maker to you cargohold, jettison it to make a new jetcan.

Name the jetcan the time, rinse, repeat.

Okay, now that you know the intricacies of jetcans... You ask, "Why do I need the jetcan to be in the middle of nowhere? Is not beside me more convenient?

The Answer: NO. In 0.0 battleships spawn as rats. Als, it has a high concentation of player pirates. by moving the jetcan into a no-mans land, you can leave a field you were mining.

But not loose any profits. If a battleship spawns, you cannot go back to retrieve your jetcan later.

Hope you found my guide useful, and enjoy mining.

Posted: January 10th, 2008, 7:51 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: February 1st, 2008, 5:48 pm

lethal

Total Posts: 1352
lethal's Reps: 0
Lifetime Member (Guides)
85% of this has already been posted; minus the in the middle of nowhere (but by the time you make it to 0.0 space you should know this).
http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/ab ... iners.html

/nay for premium
/yay for points and confirmed

Have any questions? Email me: lethal.tault@gmail.com

Posted: April 8th, 2009, 3:02 am

fromeye2u

Total Posts: 2
fromeye2u's Reps: 0
These can be found with Probes

Posted: June 13th, 2009, 9:49 am

kawashima ami

kawashima ami's Reps: 0
fromeye2u (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
These can be found with Probes

actually they can't. Jettisoned cans are not found by probing, only anchored cans (such as a Giant Secure Container)

Posted: June 30th, 2009, 4:20 am

gefhjon

gefhjon's Reps: 0
Just a question. WHen you filled your jetcan how do you then intend to move the ore ????? With your reaper ????

Besides what to do when your noobship is blown up in the belt by NPC rats
Pod yourself and then go back with a new reaper rinse and repeat ?

Timewise it would be far better to stay in Highsec and mine Trit until you can join an alliance with 0.0 acess

Posted: July 9th, 2009, 5:00 am

mrak

mrak's Reps: 0
/nay

The point of 0.0 mining is rare minerals. For a novice the mission is nearly impossible. But assuming they yes... by some stroke of genuine god given luck- have got into 0.0 space alive:

Your guide fails to tackle how you get the minerals out.
In most 0.0 areas you will not have docking rights.
In NPC owned 0.0 areas, you will NOT survive in a belt- because the rats will eat you, and the players WILL come for you.
Jetcans last for around an hour as you said- in that time, you will if you do not die by some luck- mine more then you can carry back to high sec. And since your have ignored the key point about logistsics .... well.. one /nay is enough

Overall.... your guide does not offer ANYTHING to a new player other then the knowledge that
1) He can mine- which is covered in the tutorial
2) That there is 0.0 space.
3) Jetcans die in 72 minutes.

Last edited by mrak on July 16th, 2009, 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: July 15th, 2009, 6:43 pm

replicator_fifth

Total Posts: 26
replicator_fifth's Reps: 2
mrak (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
/nay

The point of 0.0 mining is rare minerals. For a novice the mission is nearly impossible. But assuming they yes... you are a noob- and by some stroke of genuine god given luck- have got into 0.0 space alive:

Your guide fails to tackle how you get the minerals out.
In most 0.0 areas you will not have docking rights.
In NPC owned 0.0 areas, you will NOT survive in a belt- because the rats will eat you, and the players WILL come for you.
Jetcans last for around an hour as you said- in that time, you will if you do not die by some luck- mine more then you can carry back to high sec. And since your have ignored the key point about logistsics .... well.. one /nay is enough

Overall.... your guide does not offer ANYTHING to a new player other then the knowledge that
1) He can mine- which is covered in the tutorial
2) That there is 0.0 space.
3) Jetcans die in 72 minutes.
I dub thee Obviousman! yes I was going to say something to that effect.

Posted: October 7th, 2009, 5:17 am

mrschroeder13

Total Posts: 4
mrschroeder13's Reps: 0
It would be easier to learn probing and find a Wormhole in high sec. A lot less risk and as long as you keep checking directional you are pretty safe as long as you can take out the cruiser sleeper rats that will eventually show up.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online