taultunleashed logoCreature Mastery Quests (Spoiler) : EverQuest 2 General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 27 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Creature Mastery Quests (Spoiler) : EverQuest 2 General Discussions

Posted: November 23rd, 2004, 8:42 pm

Admin

Total Posts: 1168
Admin's Reps: 4
administrator
premium
Malock_Razorblade wrote:

Ok here is a summary of everything I have found from beta and in the game live so far about the Creature Mastery. I will start with dispelling the rumors (false hoods), and then I will give the facts of what is real. I would like help to identify the locations, rewards and any additional information about these quests. I posted a thread to gather this information for those that have the knowledge to help out...

Rumors/ Falsehoods

Creature Mastery is tied to learning a creatures language
Not true. Those are separate quests that are either bought or looted from drops of creatures in certain zones.
Creature Mastery is tied to special attacks against those kinds of creatures
Not true. Those are gained at certain levels as you advance in your adventure classes. Such as Orc and Gnoll at level 12
Creature Mastery is tied to Hunter and Slayer Titles that are worn
Not true. Those titles are gain by the number of a certain kind of creature that you have slain. Hunter of “what ever” is given at 500 kills and Slayer of “what ever” are given at 5000 kills.

Truths/ Facts

Rewards for finishing the Mastery Quests
The first is a Book of the lore of that kind of creature that you can place in your house to fill up bookshelves.
The second is a weapon that you can place on your walls for all to see.
The third is experience for finishing the quest.
Rewards are given as soon as you complete the quest. So insure that you have 2 slots of free inventory space if you are close to finishing it.
Creature Mastery drops
Once you have obtained a Book from its location, and have examined it, you will have to gather certain parts of those creatures. All books are No-Drop and can not be traded. Some drop and can be traded or sold on the Market. Some parts are auto loot items that come as you kill that kind of creature. The drop rate of any of the items is random and rare loot. There is no set limit that you need to kill. There are those that are luck that have finished a creature mastery in as little kills at 10, and there are those that have killed well over 1000 of a creature and still have not gotten all the parts to finish the quest.

Creature Mastery Books by location and reward:

Freeport Based Books

* Orc Mastery Book is behind a shield in the tower at crossroads in The Common Lands.

* The Loc on this is:

* Reward is a bow, a Book, and experience

* Zombie book can be found at Market 2 in Fallen Gate

* The Loc on this is:

* Reward is Mace, a Book, and experience

* Treant Mastery Book in a crate in one of the tents on the beach in NektulosForest.

* The Loc on this is:

* Reward is

Qeynos Based Books

* Gnoll Mastery Book can be found in a box in the "Keep of the Gnollslayer's” in Antonica

* The Loc on this is:

* Reward is

* Skeleton Mastery Book is in the library of Stormhold. It is one of the books lying on the floor, next to a bookshelf or something which had fallen over

* The Loc on this is:

* Reward is

* Siren Mastery Book can be found in Enchanted Lands first hut from docks

* The Loc on this is:

* Reward is

* Giant Mastery Book can be found under a bedroll in the Sabertooth Hideout area of Thundering Steppes

* The Loc on this is:

* Reward is

* Centaur Mastery Book can be found in the western village in Thundering Steppes, in a bunk-bed next to a female Halfling NPC. The Village is called Thundermist.

* The Loc on this is:

* Reward is

Books that were in beta and still have no info on

* Goblin Mastery

* Drakota Mastery
* Evil Eye Mastery
* Bixie Mastery
* Golem Mastery Know Your Golems
*Shadowed Men Mastery
* Elemental Mastery
* Lizardman Mastery
* Ghost Mastery
* Nightblood Mastery
* Fairy Mastery

Posted: November 26th, 2004, 9:45 pm

Nira Lith`Sora
Nira Lith`Sora's Reps:
Gnoll mastery yeilds a big axe

Posted: November 29th, 2004, 8:38 am

coder_man
coder_man's Reps:
Thanks for posting this, I picked up the Zombie Master book last night. Sure wish I could find the ghost one. I think I pretty much have all the items aleady.

Posted: December 3rd, 2004, 5:43 pm

jbc
jbc's Reps:
I found the skeleton book, but they re-named it to "Skeleton Legend and Lore." After I got all of the skelly parts, I got a table book and a trophy to hang on the wall.
NO SKELETON MASTERS STRIKE!

Posted: December 3rd, 2004, 7:45 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
No mastery strike spells are offered now as traits that you get at 16, 24, etc.

Posted: December 5th, 2004, 8:12 am

djvj

Total Posts: 272
djvj's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Hey guess what I found the elemental mastery book. Its in the mage tower in SQ, the floor with all the books lying all around the floor.

Posted: December 5th, 2004, 1:23 pm

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
Wooot jsut found goblin mastery!!! It's in Enchanted Lands. Location is 283, 5, -246.

It's inside a lil hut on the giant wall.

Posted: December 7th, 2004, 9:42 am

anaxamandra
anaxamandra's Reps:
Golem Mastery is in Ruins of Varsoon in the enchanted book room off of the Tailor room.

Posted: December 10th, 2004, 6:52 am

Narena
Narena's Reps:
Is there a way for someone Evil to get the other books from Stormhold,Enchanted Lands,Antonica ect without doing the betrail quests? There has to be some kind of zone connections that would let someone travel to them without actually going to Qeynos. Anyone know? =) thanks

-Narena
Dark Elf Bard of Freeport

Posted: December 10th, 2004, 9:22 am

mortedamour
mortedamour's Reps:
Dont Know about Stormhold or the Enchanted Lands, but you can get to Antonica from Freeport. In fact you have to for betrayal. Hit the Commonlands, Take the Drunken Birds to Nek Station. Make your way through Nektulos to the Docks. Docks to Thundering Stepps, Thundering Steppes to Antonica. Comes out near BlackBurrow.

Posted: December 12th, 2004, 7:14 am

Guest's Reps:
djvj";p="49818 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hey guess what I found the elemental mastery book. Its in the mage tower in SQ, the floor with all the books lying all around the floor.

What level were you when you found it? I've been all through the Mage Tower twice and can not find the book. I read somewhere that the Elemental book in Freeport is level restricted, one guy was able to read it and get the quest no problem, but his girlfriend, who was level 22 or something, couldn't interact with it. I'm suspecting it's the same in Qeynos, which is weird, because I got the "Language of Pure Magic" quest in the Mage Tower which is red to me right now and I suspect I will be unable to do for some time. I've already got most of the parts I need for the Elemental Mastery quest though.

Posted: December 12th, 2004, 2:11 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
The books are on a respawn timer. If somebody finds the book before you, it will be some time before it spawns again.

Posted: December 15th, 2004, 2:11 am

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
Yea afaik mastery quests have no level restriction. It's like a 5 min respawn timer though.

Posted: December 16th, 2004, 6:25 pm

Twinkle
Twinkle's Reps:
What a load of crap i have searched the stuipid tower 20 times and not found the stuipid thing if there is the book what portal is it? and have you actually found the book?

Posted: December 17th, 2004, 6:51 am

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
Yep found the book long ago, and as I'm at work, I can't give u the exact location now.

Shadowmen book is in North Freeport mage tower

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online